My squat is completely stalled

My squat is completely stalled.

What do?

Making sure that you're eating properly (enough calories and all that) as well as getting a solid 8 hours of sleep every night is a good start.

If you are, I'd deload and then go from there.

I do 6 sets of 6 for one day, next leg day heavy doubles, next day try for a new pro. Usually works for me

Im weak af.

My all time PR is 120kg.
Reset first time: 107.5
But at 112.5 my form breaks down all over again.
Now I'll have to reset again?

I eat around 3k calories/day and sleep ~9-10hrs /day. All other lifts go up somehow except squat.

6x6 at what %?

I'm assuming you're coming off of a linear program. In which case, back off the weight and increase the volume.

SS only works for so long.

>SS only works for so long

Shit I didn't know this. I was going to SS my way to making it.

Also consider posting in the QTDDTOT next time, and provide more information about the context of your stall. Without knowing how long you've been lifting, what you've been doing, how much you weigh, etc, it'll just be a crapshoot of generic, vague answers.

Are you
?

Linear programs like SS are primarily focused on adapting a new trainee to a specific movement patterns. The majority of the mythological "newbie gainz" are just CNS adaptation. You will gain muscle, for sure, but after a while, the weights are increasing faster than you are gaining muscle. Strength gains taper out fairly quickly, so the remaining variable is muscle mass. High volume work encourages hypertrophy more than maximally loaded sets do. This is why intermediate programs are a bit more complicated, as they introduce the concept of periodization, in which (generally speaking) the trainee undulates between high intensity work for a set amount of weeks, and high volume work for the other weeks, to encourage focus on both muscle gain and strength gain (the two are not mutually exclusive, but it's a balancing act.

Yes.

Ok so you're saying its Texas method time?

Deload accordingly and try doing 20 squats without taking the barbell off your back. So just take a 10RM and subtract 5 or 10 kilos. Do that for the next 9 workouts with squats with 2.5 increments.

How many sets ?

1 set of 20.

Maybe. I'd probably just reset to a lower weight and do more reps per set. How long have you been training?

Also, what are you training for? General strength? Powerlifting? Oly?

Stop fucking recommending 8 hours of sleep. 8 hours is retarded. You have 90 minute sleep cycles. That means you should sleep in increments of 1.5 hours. Either sleep 7.5 hours or 9.

For the whole session 1X20?

9mo give or take.
General strength for the moment.

Calm down senpai. The point is that too many people think that they can redline their body and lift every day, and as long as they're eating healthy they can get away with four hours of sleep a night. You need a full, healthy night's sleep, which is the important takeaway here.

Texas method is a solid choice in your case, but in my experience it tends to increase the overall weight a bit too fast. Maybe it's just me, but it's worth a shot if you're interested.

5/3/1 and Candito 6 week (my choice, although it is more powerlifting specific) are also solid choices.

Nice ho science

Candito 6 week is powerlifting oriented ?

Yes. Candito is a powerlifter, and designed his program as such. It follows a progression which peaks intensity at the end, useful to use as prep for a meet. All other lifts take a back seat in importance behind the big three, as well. Power cleans are not present at all.

So you PR only every 6 week? Isn't that a bit too slow? Sounds like advanced programming

Any way to PR every week or every other week?

If you're saying your squat has completely stalled, by definition wouldn't PRing every 6 weeks (technically 5 for how the program works) be better?

After your novice phase, having a new 1rm PR every week, or every other week is just not gonna happen, whether you're using texas method or Candito. You'll have rep PRs like mad, but at your point, strength rarely moves in a straight line.

It's your call, however. Just be aware that I made the mistake around the same time in my training of letting my ego determine my regimen. I ended up increasing the weight at the cost of my form being shit. It took a long time to correct that.