Your God is a False God

youtube.com/watch?v=P-XYS7wYz2I

>balding
>over weight
>retarded southerner
>making up things as he goes since using a ghostwriter to create SS

Why do people still pay top dollar to listen to this autist? Do people ever aspire to be the image of their trainers anymore?

>crotchety geologist

Chris Froome could easily improve, and perhaps double, his 24000 (4 hours @ 100 rpm) rep max in any leg exercise by simply squatting 3x5, three times a week, for a month. Rippetoe knows.

He has almost definitely already attempted this.

Well obviously he failed to mention the cardiovascular nature of cycling, but what else is actually wrong with what he said?

Nothing. Coaches for WorldTour teams know far less than Mark Rippetoe, a man famous for training total beginners, and SS will absolutely help with putting out 350W+ for 4+ hours. You improve your 24000RM by working on your 5RM. The fibres implicated are the same. They're not "type I" or "type II" fibres: they're muscle fibres, and you improve muscle fibres by doing squats, eating oats, and drinking a GOMAD.

It's basic logic.

He is a good marketeer.

>He can go longer, farther, faster
>mfw

Developing your fast twitch muscles will do JACK SHIT for endurance, you'll just get burning sensation in your legs the moment the pace goes up because you trained them for anaerobic efforts which last for 10-15 seconds, basically the opposite of what you need. Everybody can produce enough force & power to go fast uphill like Chris Froome but few in the world can SUSTAIN that pace.

TEAM SKY: We're using the Pinarello Dogma F10. Pinarello slightly changed the shape of the forks near the dropouts to marginally improve the aerodynamics when compared to the F8.

RIPPETOE: But have you considered the Squatâ„¢

Okay I see your point, he ridiculously overstated the benefit of squats for cycling. Still, wouldn't they help?

Since taking steroids makes you stronger and pro cyclists are notorious for taking steroids to the point it's a joke at this point, yes, getting stronger will directly affect your cycling ability. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

What he's saying applies to sprinting, not long distance cycling. Long distance is all about cardio and how much you can squat is completely irrelevant.

I laughed. Well done, user.

>Texans are southerners
They wish.

>getting stronger will directly affect your cycling ability

How? Pic related is a TdF winner. Doesn't look very strong and probably can't squat for shit.
Besides sprinting, weightlifting doesn't have any benefits for an endurance cyclist.

Don't steroids also affect quick twitch fibers or whatever it is that helps speed?

>Your God is a False God

>DEATH TO THE EMPEROR AND HIS LOYALIST DOGS

the majority of endurance athletes that are on gear are mainly on it for recovery purposes I would imagine

without bothering to watch the video:
track cyclists do very much benefit from squatting, actual road cyclists not so much...

steroids increases endurance irrespectively of its increase in strength.

see what said. it's got nothing to do with improving strength; it's got everything to do with assisting with recovery. this is particularly true for stage races and Grand Tours

cyclists get beaten up over the course of a Grand Tour, which is why attacks are more likely to 'stick' as a Tour goes on. any way that a GC contender can accelerate their recovery when compared to their rivals will give them a huge advantage

hence steroids

Rippetoe is a lie.
SS is a meme.