Vegan General

Thread for all vegans and everybody interested in the vegan lifestyle. Meat eaters and vegetarians allowed as long as they won't push their diets.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY&t
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_fallacy
snapguide.com/guides/make-fake-ground-beef-out-of-tvp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone know a good vegan source of copper?

Hardware store

The pennys that you're gonna be left with after spending all your money on vegan workarounds for food

Eating vegan is actually way cheaper than meat eaters believe.

>Vegan General
>kys
/thread

Sure it is.

Literally all beans, kale, nuts... Just google vegan sources of copper or use cronometer/mfp
>Not buying meat is expensive
>Beans and pasta is expensive
5/10 made me reply

yummy yummmy, just had another tablespoon of organic vegan lentils cultivated by fair wage Syrian refugees. Been chewing for 30 minutes now!

Is there a single my 600lbs life participant who is vegan?

>No B12
>Die

kek

Not if you want to enjoy your food. Which, hey, this is Veeky Forums, most of us don't want to enjoy our food. But if you want to eat anything other than rice and beans three meals a day, no, veganism will cost you. Animal substitutes are more expensive than the real thing. MUCH more expensive to get ones that taste even a little bit similar.

>having to buy an entire food source for micronutrients
>not even a good one

Vegans are literally making life hard for the sake of saying "look at me!"

Good luck with this mineral deficiencies.

>Good luck with this mineral deficiencies.
Meat eaters fuck off.

Here another healthy example of your healthy lifestyle

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY&t

Cheesy potatoes are vegetarian you dum dum.

>let me react to a common problem among my peers with a cherry picked outlier!

You sure got me

nice to see the picture you used tells you how much calcium you need but not how much those vegetables give you baka

read on here that like 40% of men are deficient in b12, probably wouldnt be a bad idea to take it whether or not you are vegan

How does OP not mention anything about tempeh? Twice the amount of protein not to mention it's USDA and Non-GMO certified. Unlike tofu, these soybeans are not roundup ready.

Oh I guess vegans are two blame that 2 out of 3 are overweight or obese in the US, right? Because eating meat and drinking milk is soooo healthy.

>Vegans only eat rice and beans
Learn to cook faggot
>>having to buy an entire food source for micronutrients
>>not even a good one
I have no idea what food or micro you are referring to. Marmite/nutritional yeast for B12?
Also
>Not wanting to take part in the NEEDLESS torture and murder of sentient beings is virtue signalling
Your life must be so sad

>people are obese because of meat and milk

God damn were you a vegan since infancy because you're retarded as hell.

>literally arguing "muh moral high ground" as a diet

I'll gladly eat animals if it pisses you and other beta numales off even more

Oh, I guess if you compare the obesity rates of vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters you won't get results in favor of vegans, right?

Once again,
>implying people are obese because of meat and milk

>muh utilitarianism

You don't NEED a computer, so throw yours out yesterday.

Actually I need it for my thesis, go fuck a cactus :)

Well then almond milk is for baby almonds you stupid fuck. And before you tell me that almonds don't have babies, they don't have milk either.

Well how is it easier to get obese?

>eating high fat, high calorie meat and diary products
>eating vegetables and fruits

wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy

>I NEED it

No you don't, you want it. Throw it out or you're unnecessarily harming the little Asians that built it

>I need it for my thesis

You don't need a thesis, either. A thesis would make you feel accomplished, but you don't need that feeling to live. Go live in the woods with your deer friends and eat what you can find.

Once again, meat and milk are unrelated. The fact that you don't know this is a sin of the brain damage caused by lack of essential nutrients.

A fallacy doesn't make an argument wrong, you know.

You argued that you do things based on reducing harm. Well your computer causes harm.

I already bought it, might as well use it
But please, do educate me on which ways you help create a fair society, reducing your environmental impact and literal torture and death of other sentient beings
Oh wait, you don't
Feels good to wave my dick around on top of the MORAL HIGHGROUND MOUNTAIN (TM) (C) (R)

>I'm going to continue framing my arguments in terms of needs vs. wants despite neither knowing or caring what the difference between those things is

You are literally killing yourself this way, but whatever, it's a free country.

>A fallacy doesn't make an argument wrong, you know.
Cut down on the animal fats user, you're having a stroke

>>I'm going to continue framing my arguments in the context of "veganism means do zero harm to anyone ever" despite neither knowing or caring what the definition of veganism is

Why do people get so triggered about this shit? I just dont want to eat animals why do people go full autist over this

>what is Pasteurization

We solved this problem literally over 100 years ago.

So you admit that you don't know the difference between a want and a need, then? Are you ready to release 'need' from your propaganda vocabulary?

nuts and fortified cereal for me. planters has these new nut mixes called "nut trition" and depending on the blend there's about 20% of your daily copper in a 1/4 cup.

Because you and your kind pretend that it's the ONLY way and actively seek out debate if only to put down people who aren't you with the "you're killing animals" argument

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_fallacy

animal substitutions aren't expensive lol. my fake meat is 2.99 for five servings, good enough for me. the only thing is is slightly more expensive is nut milks.

its not the only way, its just the healthier way and the way that doesnt kill animals. if youre with it thats better for you, if not thats fine. its inconsequential to me

>all white blood cells are 'Pus cells' lol yeah ok man

See >actively seek out debate
>Thread OP literally says "meat eaters allowed as long as they don't push their diet"
See I still don't see how me being a vegan with a PC is hypocrisy

Too many of you proselytize. It's given the rest of you an ill reputation.

>my fake meat is 2.99 for five servings, good enough for me

Your fake meat tastes like shit.

Do you actually think real whole food consist only of beans and rice?

>sometimes I have lentils and quinoa instead, it's SO MUCH DIFFERENT

ive been eating vegan for a year now but had meat and dairy for the first time a few days ago. taco bell fucked up the order big time and i just ate it so i wouldn't waste money and come off as prissy. not doing that again because it fucking sucked, tasted like nothing and i got the shits afterward.

You have to be fucking blind and simply retarded if you still deny that eating meat or how we are eating meat is harming our planet.

Don't feel bitter because you lack discipline.

>proselytize
>Implying veganism is a religion, based on baseless beliefs
>Implying implicit implications

>tastes like shit
honestly i prefer it and even when i was switching over i couldn't tell a difference between ground vegetable round and ground beef

Is there a single tolerable person that identifies as a vegan?

>I have been educated on what veganism is and what vegans eat from the reputable sources of Buzzfeed, Ron Swanson and Joe Rogan

You wouldn't know because most vegans don't identify as vegans irl because they do the want to argue about canines and bacon with retards like you

>implying veganism is a religion, based on baseless beliefs
>implying I'm implying it and not straight-up fucking saying it

That's pretty interesting, but you need to understand that most people don't have your genetic disorder and can't be convinced that wheat paste is delicious.

this. no one knows i'm vegan, they just think i'm a semi vegetarian bc that's what i tell them. i'm allergic to eggs and red meat anyways

That's because you ate dog food, m8

when i was a kid i would get nausea from the smell of my parents cooking bacon/beef, not bc the annie malls, just because of the smell alone. some people are just meant to eat this way

>straight-up fucking saying it
You must be 16

I'm dating one. She's a sweetheart who doesn't expect me to convert, doesn't act like a wet blanket when the only food she can eat at a restaurant is a potato stuffed with lettuce and she's also a really good cook.

The problem with veganism's vocal minority is that they're REALLY fucking vocal.

If "most" of you are ashamed to admit that you're vegan, that should tell you something about your diet.

Also, 100% of vegans never shut the fuck up about being vegan because you all want everyone else to be as miserable as you.

it's but not being ashamed. it's just i don't have the time to answer people's retarded questions they're bound to ask me.

>ashamed ≠ I don't want to argue insufferable mouthbreathers
Ok

you should ask yourself why there are people going vegan and think a little bit harder.

Don't be silly. You can't resist the temptation to blather on about your alternative lifestyle on this Chilean tintype collectors' forum and you can't do it in real life, either.

Reasons people become vegan
65% crave attention
30% false sense of moral high ground
5% unfortunate combination of allergies

100% will never make it

>Be Non-Vegan
>See Vegan Thread
>"Woah boy, I can't wait to get in there and start whining about how bad vegan diets are despite having zero educational background or evidence for it. Then I'm gonna whinge about how vegans are sooooooo intolerable and obnoxious vegans are despite coming into a vegan thread for no reason other than shitposting. Then I'm gonna get triggered about how vegans are always talking about how "Vegan-y" they are despite coming into a thread specifically about veganism even though I know I loathe them for no reason. Fucking Vegans Man"

pretty much this. what is the point of the arguing and bickering. veganism is what i originally used to get healthier and now that i've been eating this way i'm kind of repulsed by eating meat from chickens who sit cages shitting on each other all fucking day.

i'm vegetarian and i must say i find it quite hard to get some meals that give me my proteins for the day while cutting
there are awesome recipes but often they are too complicated for a quick meal or are just above my caloric intake
what do

protein shake, seitan/fake meats. the fake chicken isn't the best but ground mock meat is good and cheap. it's usually 100-120 cals for every 20g of protein.

I should probably go vegan just to help me lose weight. I just find it really annoying when they talk about animals. One time, I pecked by a chicken. Fuck chickens.

>I made rules for correct participation in this thread!! WHY ARE THE RULES NOT BEING FOLLOWED??!!

>i'm kind of repulsed by eating meat from chickens who sit cages shitting on each other all fucking day

I'm gonna quote an user from an older vegan provocation thread.

>I eat ass on the first date, you ain't scare me

Is semen vegan friendly?

i went vegan because animals repulse me. they're constantly covered in their own feces and eat each other all day. Their bodies do nothing but sit around habouring viruses. the only one that isn't disgusting is the cow.

>being proud of eating ass on the first date

Literally just the title of this thread is complete bait to a fair chunk of not just Veeky Forums but the whole internet.

People bash vegans for being preachy but as soon as people start discussing it with their own threads/sites/videos, people swarm in with "MUH B12" or "BACON LOL"

the fake meats i get here have a lot of sugar in them that's the problem
yeah i prob should invest in a good shake but i'm kinda broke right now
i'm trying to get my proteins with eggs and dairy but that kinda sucks cause i don't really like both

You're free to post whatever you want in the thread, I just don't see why you are.

You're not interested in veganism, you're not attempting to "help" anyone get off a vegan diet on to different diet, most criticisms on this thread are lazy at best. You're sole intention is to shitpost here to get a rise out of people. Your time is probably better suited to /r9k/ or /pol/

oh well if you can't buy good fake meats and you're broke buy some TVP online, it's the same thing but dried and you season it yourself.

snapguide.com/guides/make-fake-ground-beef-out-of-tvp/
buy a brick of tofu and crumble it and add it to this as well. tofu is cheap as shit it's usually under 2 dollars where i live.

No, semen is not vegan.

>can you believe the stupid meatheads eat ANIMAL SECRETIONS? that's so icky-poo-poo groce
>hey, Veeky Forums, I got this girl but she won't go down on me, what's up with that?

looks good, thanks

>Meat eaters and vegetarians allowed as long as they won't push their diets
>You're free to post whatever you want here

Which is it? Because it seems like the bulk of this thread is, "if you disagree with me you're a stupid evil person that should forever rot in a burning vat of lentils."

>swallowing your boyfriends cum is the same as eating a retarded diseased animal that rolls around in its own shit

>You're sole intention is to shitpost here to get a rise out of people

Sort of like the reason OP started this thread, huh? Next time, instead of pretending you're special people deserving of unique consideration, try hopping into a food thread and posting your plant-powered meals without being queens about it. I promise you, nobody will even realize you've tricked them into having mercy for baby chicks.

Since /r9k/ took over? Yeah. Yeah, it is the same.

alright senpai, I eat fish and seafodd 24/7, ocasionally the chicken breasts and red meat when its hunting meat which sadly is almost never. I live in a fishing region so pretty nice sea fresh fish

so what are some god-tier cutting vegan meals to have that feel like a meal instead of a snack or just a side dish?
I've eaten over 10 species of fish this past 2 weeks and I dont want mercury poisoning

Have you been in this thread??? Almost every "arguement" starts of with some non-vegan making "Generic vegan criticism that has been proven false #231"

But nah you're right, you really are the victim here

Plus nobody here is talking about diet, they're just calling vegans assholes for no reason

whats the point of veganism anyways, in a regular diet it's already hard to get all the micronutrients and vitamins so you gimp yourself with this

not even baiting, less eat meaters = less production = better quality

>Generic vegan criticism that has been proven false #231

You can't prove anything. It's spirituality. You're asking us to take it on faith, and you've confused strong belief for fact.

Lmao, people like you in this thread are the exact reason vegans should have their own thread. Christ, imagine the backlash if vegans dared to even mention veganism on a food general

Also "calling vegans queens", whilst you're having a primadonna hissyfit because a board with "BRAAAAAP" threads and "FPH" threads are having one about arguably the healthiest diets on the planet on a "HEALTH & FITNESS" board.

ehhh 100% veganism is dumb

i think 70% plant/grain based + seafood + eggs and no dairy, no red meat is probably the healthiest diet

anywho is soy cancerous?

There are tonnes of research on why a vegan diet is best for you and if you want to ignore it all and dub all vegans "spiritual idiots", I suppose there's no convincing you anyway

>Christ, imagine the backlash if vegans dared to even mention veganism on a food general

You would deserve it. Shut up about your religion. Just talk about the food.