QTDDTOT

Old Let's say I have a routine with three days of strength training and two other days of cardio. If I eat above TDEE on the strength days and below TDEE on the cardio days for an average of at-TDEE for the whole week, will that have any different results than eating at TDEE every day?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthyeater.com/flexible-dieting-calculator
mikemahler.com/articles-videos/fat-loss/experience-rapid-fat-loss-with-kettlebell-circuit-training
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm intermediate and training some new gym bros (we're all gunna make it together brah)
Can I put them on pic related (what I'm doing? Or should I just throw them on SS?

Yes that's fine. I would throw in chinups on B too tho. Can't really do too many of them.

Is there a 6 days a week routine that has the ebin "squat eryyday" thing?
Also that includes power cleans. I haven't find one, most of them are max 4 days.

Alright, how does pic related work? how the fuck does it raises/gains volume with just a scoop of whey + egg white?
I remember doing the meme mugcakes and they needed flour
also does it taste any decent? Thought of doing a scoop and a whole egg instead of just the whites for a nice undrr 200kcals snack
also need an excuse to get rid of this shitty chocolate whey

I'm doing a skimpy swimsuit cosplay at a con in about a week. About a month ago I started running every other day in an attempt to look better for said cosplay. I've lost a bit of weight, but unfortunately my stomach is still a bit flabby. Is there anything at all I can do to flatten my stomach out in a week? I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to look my best for this if possible.

My lower back aches after doing low bar squats. I think it is because of my butt wink. Anybody here managed to overcome this problem? Any tips?

Got some tofu because it was discounted and the macros looked nice, but I don't know what to eat it with

Any suggestions?

Saw an article recommend eating 700-100 kcal above maintenance on training days and like 300 below maintenance on rest days, for minimising fat gain somehow. That's retarded right?

Will Rippletits tear my head off if I only do 3x5 OHP? I get burnt out on the last set or two so I'm only able to increase weight every third B day or so.

youre supposed to do 3x5 OHP

Wew. Okay. Thanks.

vegeterian stir fry sauce, garlic and deglaze with rice wine.

thats just for the tofu. you could serve with rice or whatever you want. if its white tofu you can braise it

sorry, i don't have a slutty butt that winks at every burly muscleman in the gym.

Is it okay to work out with whiplash or will i hurt my neck. It's push day

What accessories should I add to SL if I feel that I have some energy left? For reference, it's
>A
Squats, bench presses, barbell rows
>B
Squats, overhead press, deadlifts

I thought about doing chinups and something for my arms since I feel like my shoulders and arms are lacking but I have no idea where to add them. I've seen people suggest adding them to A and B both.

Dude, no. He'll tie you to railroad tracks and a train will run your neck over.

i've been "lifting" for the past 8 months with adjustable dumbbells only. finally bought a power cage and barbell setup. i want to train for hypertrophy. what's a good beginner/intermediate program for aesthetics? i know brosplits are retarded. im looking at candito's linear program, the strength/hypertrophy version. pic related. any better ones out there?

Is there a Veeky Forums recommended calorie calculator?

I'd like a better idea of how many calories I should be consuming.

I currently consume 2400 kcal a day, ~210g of protein a day, and have just started Strong Lifts 5x5 (been at it a week and a half). I have, however, not gained any weight the past 2 times i've weighed myself.

I'm 6 foot 3 and 87.5kg (192 lbs)

Read the sticky, lurk more, go to the gym

However, since I'm not a fan of condescending posts that don't help in some way: 80% of weight loss is diet. There's no way to make the change you want in a week, but you can get started on long-term change. Find your TDEE, eat at a deficit with balanced macros, lift hard, only run sprints. We're all gonna make it.

Also post pics of you in swimsuit pls

Anyone watching WSM? What's going on and wo's in the lead? It's surprisingly difficult to find information about it

MyFitnessPal works for me, iPhone app.

Are pull-ups better for lats than chin-ups? What grips should I use?

>according to healthyeater.com/flexible-dieting-calculator i should be eating 3500 kcal a day

pls no i feel sick even making it to 2400

save me

I don't think I could even afford that

im stuck on this stubborn fat fat loss phase

weight always yo-yoing from 66-68kg, for eg. yesterday I tracked everything, over-estimated some(a ~350g seabass with tomatoe salad 638kcals), ended the night at a 300 deficit and still gained weight
fuck me, I just want to get rid of this stubborn fat to finally bulk but its taking ages

I use that to track my calories and macros but not much else; i set 2400 kcal as a custom goal and a custom protein goal of ~210.

What do you think 3 90 minute gym sessions a week would make me under "activity level" in this app? Lightly active?

My country's health service (britbong, NHS) classes going to the gym regularly as "very active", which is retarded.

When to take BCAA?

Before or after a workout? Or just in the morning/evening?

>getting rid of fat so you can bulk

user you WILL gain fat when you bulk.

I don't mean actual weight loss, I mean any tips to just appear less bloated or w/e, like what should I eat, should I just not eat hardly at all for a few days, etc.

I know I'm not going to lose actual weight in a week

Also I'd post pics but I'm still making the costume...

Maybe marginally better to fluctuate. Do it if you want. The best way to manage it is to plan your diet around TDEE and just have a post-workout shake be the difference on strength days.

Gnuckols has some semi-"Bulgarian" squat every day plans where Deads are thrown in on some days. Just do your Power Cleans as part of your Squat or Deadlift warmup, as they are gonna be lighter than the Sq/Dl.

Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss diet. It is a PSMF.

Stretching. Get in the squat position and force your knees out with your elbows. Also check to see if your back angle is constant coming out of the hole, if you are allowing your hips to rise faster than your shoulders then that will strain your back more.

Not retarded at all. Makes a small difference/improvement actually.

Chins and pullups are great. So are dips. You could do chins on monday, dips on wed, pullups on friday. Or do a superset of chins and dips every day if you have the energy.

Aesthetics? Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine.

Yes, pullups stress your lats more, while chinups stress your biceps more.
I assume you already know the difference in grip between a pullup and a chinup.
See pic related. In all figures, the drawn arrow points to the center of the bar.
Wide grip (fig III) give the best gains because it isolates each side of your body for work. (kind of brosciency, hope somebody can correct me) You'll have a longer force moment, so it'll be more difficult. Choose this one for all strength-building purposes. The distance between your thumbs will be about the same as the distance between your hips.
Close grip (fig I) is easier than wide grip. The distance between your thumbs approaches zero.
Your bar may have a neutral grip (fig II). Whatever exercise uses these, I would call it neither a chinup nor a pullup.

Forgot the picture

Marginally. The big difference is that the pullup works the rotator cuff more than chins while chins work more bicep.

Depends. If you only do them once/week then any grip you like. If you do them often, alternate which ones you do and mix up your grip widths on different sessions to avoid elbow pain from overuse of the tendons.

They are a meme. Whey is full of BCAAs. Leangains guy suggests them for before a fasted workout FWIW. Around a workout is the best time for this kind of thing.

Deadlifts on Pull or Leg days? Whenever I do deadlifts on pull days I can never do max efforts for my other lifts, how do I counteract this?

Can anyone recommend a TDEE calculator that's actually accurate? Every one I use says I can have a huge number of calories (2900-3200), but I'm positive I eat way less than that and I'm not losing weight.

Is there an infographic on barbell sizes and their weight? I know the thick one with bearings is the standard size 20kg/44lbs. My gym has six different sizes of barbells besides the olympic one. I asked someone who worked there, but he didn't know the weights either.

also, what is the purpose for each size/weight barbell?

I do dips once every two workouts
Thanks ,I'll do wide grip pull-ups then since I'm looking for an exercise to work my lats.

asked this yesterday but didnt get a reply:

is adding brosplits as accessory exercises to the main 5 lifts (diddly, barbell rows, bench, squat, ohp) okay? I do those and then add in a few bodyweight things and shit like curls and tri extensions

Are BCAAs worth it? I want to make some serious gains. When and how often should I take them?

From IWF website

Only the Olympic bar is standard the others can really vary dramatically

Oh shit I thought you were talking about plates, not bars. Sorry user.

nigga:

im doing greyskull right now and I'm adding 1.25 - 1.5kg every workout, but the lowest plate is 1.25kg for the olympic barbell, while the smaller barbells have .1kg weights
how can i fix this?

I'm switching to Phraks' Greyskull Variant on Wednesday.

I'm confused about the programming - do you alternate days per week (i.e. AxBxAxxBxAxBxx) or do you just do those same three workouts a week?

Anything else I should know about Greyskull before going in? I have done a few beginners programmes but have heard Greyskull will continue to give for a while.

>start using protein powder 3 days ago
>have dropped 3 pounds in 3 days
What is going on here, is this shit magic?

Today I realised that I cant brace properly at the bottom of the deadlift. My core doesnt feel nearly as tight as when I squat. And when I realised that I tried to flex it hard and almost shited myself. What do?

>Not shitting yourself at deadlifts

Never gonna make it

kek

How long does cooked chicken last in the fridge?

A week?

>tfw realised I've been eating too little and need another 800 kcal a day so i need to go fucking nuclear and autistically plan out all my week's meals in advance

>including measuring out peanut butter and oats before work and putting them into individual food bags so i know i'm eating the right amount for breakfast once i'm at my desk

Are there any recommendations for powerlifting shoes or reasons to get them?

You gais what else do i need to do for shoulders? i do OHP, seated shoulder press, lateral raises, side lateral raises, lu raises, arnold press, behind the neck press, front raises, upright row (correct ROM fags) and rear delt flyes. What am i missing i want yuge fucking shoulders niggers?

How much does cutting interfere with strength levels? I've only been scaling back on my portions and snacks for like, a week, but I felt weak as fuck today. Used to hit 95 OHP no problem, but I've been struggling with that lately. I still got a bit of chub, so I figured I'd be fine with cutting a bit, but maybe I was mistaken.

I don't think I've platued on SS, but I don't really know when I'm supposed to switch either.

How badly does cardio kill gains?

I'm doing my first cut and was looking to throw some cardio in to shed the weight faster. If i still maintain my 200g protein per day, will i be okay?

Just started SL and after the first day of bench I haven't been able to fully extend my right arm without pain. Did I fuck up my arm or is this just DOMS?

What's the best way to tell people who circuit train at 6 different stations that nobody likes them and they really need to fuck off?

What to do between sets if I don't have a smartphone or listen to music when working out?

I'd like an upper body program that doesn't deal with %s like Sheiko and is a lot higher volume than SS or SL. Right now I do SS plus a shitheap of dumbell exercises at the end because I wanna feel something of a burn when I get done so I'm looking for something with high volume, possibly like an hour per workout not counting cardio and warm ups.

If 95 is in lbs you should probably just focus on gains right now and start cutting at the end of the year instead.

Stretch brah. That's what I do.

>get on one of their machines when they finish
>if they bitch tell them you thought they were done and you shouldn't have to wait for them to complete their whole workout

I think that's enough and I swear to FUCK if you do ANY of those before doing OHP I will FIND you and stomp a mudhole in your manlet shoulderlet faggot ass.

how much exercise should i do before having a protein shake?

Veeky Forums here. Chicken doesn't belong in the fridge, it belongs in the freezer. It spoils within almost three days. A week is way too long. Like, it could still be good even after a week, but I wouldn't risk it. Chicken is like the last meat you want to eat spoiled.

You could freeze it and then cook it a night or two before brah.

How should one use creatine and what are the benefits?

Applied for the army, want to go for paratrooper, royal marines or vehicle driving lad, how should I start training from this point? I've had experience lifting and doing calisthenics but this past month I've become a hungry skeleton and not been excercising much. 5'10 145lbs

What swimming cap should I purchase to avoid chlorine absorption in my hair/scalp/ears?

What should I purchase or make to negate the absorption of chlorine into my body?

Thank you.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

I'm in a similar position, was gonna try water fasting in the days leading up to it just for that temporary drop-off in weight you get with it

Has anyone else experienced diarrhea and generally bad shits while taking Vitamin D supplements?

99% of the time my shits are perfect, but for the past month I've been having constant diarrhea and near-diarrhea. The only thing I changed in my diet was that I started to take 1000IU of D3 a day. I stopped taking it and within 2 days my shit was back to normal. Then I waited a week, started taking the D3 again, and my shit turned back to diarrhea. Right now I haven't taken it in a week and my shits are perfect.

Did I just get a bad batch/brand?

>how
5g a day, take whenever, no loading phase, take for life if you so desire
>why
up to 5% strength increase, whatever arbitrary delay of lactic acid threshold, some sarcoplasmic hypertrophy due to water retention for some people, standard crea mono is dirt cheap so even if you're a non responder (they exist) there's not much lost.

Normally id come back with some witty ass shit you DYEL loser but i give in to your trips, queerbait. (OHP is always first shithole)

>start smolov squat based on excel spreadsheet acquired from some online source
>fill in current 1RM in KG
>introductory cycle is easy as fuck
>mesocycle seems pretty steep though
>add 5kg almost every day
>almost injure myself on day 8 of mesocycle
>look at schedule again
>i've been using pounds this entire time
the entire schedule seems so much more forgiving now that it's in KG
At least I've improved my 1RM
But since I feel I've almost injured myself, should I take a break from squatting?

I better not need to tell you to do low sets high reps you pisscurtain.

One of you guys has to know something I can do. Should I just go into a routine thread and make a custom?

first of all: LMAO WHAT
that out of the way, take a week off, get some good rest and food, and start anew with the correct weights. smolov can and will ruin you as is, not to mention if you're too dumb to handle it.

PPLPPx (or ULULUx if you still want some amount of legs), fill in whatever compound lifts and meme broshit you desire, it's not rocket science.
or do smolov jr. for bench and ohp topkek

lel forgot an x each time, you can cycle it that way but you probably shouldn't given enough volume.

No, you sure as shit DO NOT, you skelly dicknugget furfag

a friend of mine sent the spreadsheet to me, assuring me it was in KG
because the introductory cycle was so doable, I assumed it to be correct. After the mesocycle was getting increasingly ridiculous, I thought I'd check out the readme
Idunno it seemed pretty clear cut to me at first, so I ignored to readme

it happens, at least you noticed before you seriously hurt yourself kek
keep going, it's great stuff, just be sure to use the right units this time.

>assuring me it was in KG
friend confirmed for wanting to see you dead. do you have a smoking hot gf and/or lots of money?

He was doing the exact same schedule as me and was pretty surprised by how heavy it was as well

I lost like 20 lbs and I look in the mirror and it looks like I've lost nothing. I went from 180 to 160, 5'4", and fairly muscular.

Do I have dysmorphia? I didn't see my grandparent's for a few weeks and they said I looked like I lost weight even though they didn't know I was trying to.

if I don't get doms does that mean I'm not lifting hard enough or that my body is getting used to lifting?

NEWEST DANGEROUS TEEN CRAZE: GETTING SQUISHED BY A BARBELL FOUR TIMES THEIR BODYWEIGHT

MORE AT 11, STAY TUNED

How long have you been lifting? After a month AT MOST you wont get those sweet sweet DOMS anymore

Bumping

well I'm getting back to lifting after like 6 months of inactivity and I've been at it for about two weeks

I do feel some degree of soreness but it's not almost incapacitating like it was after my first day

Started working out about 3 weeks ago and I gained about 10 pounds despite eating a 750-500 calorie deficit. Am I fucked up?

why is I Am Devloper giving relationship advice?

how much volume (per week) is necessary to grow arms? i went from 12" to 14" in 8 months with 4x8 3x a week. how the fuck do i get from 14" to 16"?

Quick
I'm about to head into the grocery store....and my pump has faded...how do I get it back?

I've been doing SS while on a caloric deficit for a few months now and I've had to deload a few times. Is it time I move on to something else? I recently started doing a lot of bodyweight and cardio on my off days with my girlfriend.

Is it better that I just move on to a different routine or should I just keep trying to progress with SS? I feel like im not getting much out of it anymore.

Then you're not eating at a deficit

implying nutrition and sleep on point, biceps recover in like 36 hours and triceps in roughly 48. you can literally fuck them up with volume every other day, of course that would influence your other big lifts badly at some point but my point is, don't shy off doing more for them as long as you don't sabotage your compounds.

also
>shitload of chinups
>zottman curls
>superset bicep and tricep stuff
>dropsets
>cable stuff because muh constant tension
>forced negatives
>flexing occasionally throughout the day (look up YT bb show how tos on how to correctly do that) supplies blood flow and helps insertion definition in the long run

You won't get much progress out of anything on a deficit after your noob gains have faded. Either start eating in a surplus, lift hard and cut later, or focus on weight loss without trying to improve your strength for the time being.

So what kind of lifting should I do, because my primary goal right now is to just get to reasonable healthy weight

i started at 339lbs and im at 225lbs now at 6'1 so i still have a good amount of weight to lose.

Shieeet nigga, that's pretty hardcore. Congrats on the progress though. I have no set approach to weight loss because I never was really fat and most of my leaning out is done by nutrition, but a friend of mine had great results with mikemahler.com/articles-videos/fat-loss/experience-rapid-fat-loss-with-kettlebell-circuit-training (you can substitute dragon flags and hanging leg raises for whatever lower ab exercise you might be able to do at your weight). If you have no kettlebells, dumbbells work too.

Oh and a fuckton of low-impact (i.e. no running, use bike/elliptical/stair/rower) HIIT cardio of course, full fucking force on wednesdays and saturdays and somewhat lower intensity after lifting days.

Thanks I appreciate the kind words, I think i'll just keep doing compounds but maybe add a little more volume and just try to preserve what little strength I have while i'm burning fat.