Rippetoe Red Pill

>hurr durr I squat so much bcz I do strength training
>omg guyz I do 8pl8 dedlifts now

How is this not a meme and a real program?
1x5 deadlifts?
power cleans before any real upper body work except for some bench and some press?
No accessories except for some 3x5 hypers and sit-ups?
This is a good book to train coaches about lifting and all about it, and then they will create workout programs and train other people to actually lift. It could also be used as a convenient gateway into whatever "intermediate level lifting" is for people who've been doing this shit for a while.
For beginners, it'll develop nothing but tennis elbows.

>1x5 deadlifts?

Because that works to get stronger.

>No accessories except for some 3x5 hypers and sit-ups?
False, don't talk shit if you haven't read the book and the programming.

>power cleans before any real upper body work except for some bench and some press?

The program is designed for making people more athletic and stronger, quickly.

>read the book and the programming

Sure, I'll just read through two whole 300-page books before I start working out. Maybe I'll finish The Odyssey as well, and start The Iliad after shower.

I feel like everybody who's meme'ing Rippetoe has followed his program for a month or two at max. Meme on.

>I'm going to start a potentially decades long time heavy commitment
>Read about it so I understand what I'm doing? Fuck that

Yes you really are that retarded. 300 pages isn't long you dumbass you could read both of those in a day.

you must be a brainlet. as states you could read both SS and PP in a couple days. It's mostly pictures you fucking mongoloid

>hurr durr lifetime commitment
>only pictures only couple days hurr durr

Meme on and get fat, texas bros.
Yes, when you're fatter it helps you pull more weight.
Don't forget to eat your 6k cals.

> aestheticsfag is too retarded to read a 300 page book
> just recites Veeky Forums memes about how SS is useless because muh upper body instead

I should be surprised but I'm really not

I don't think Eddie Hall did ever SS or TM

Fucking hell this is the most retarded OP I have seen on Veeky Forums for months
He didn't even understand that SS is a meme was a meme and actually proceeds to spew his retardation
Lad, kys

>tfw did SS and never got fat
>tfw satisfied with the way I look
>Planning to run Texas Method with CrossFit conditioning after I heal up from my accident

I thought it was a meme

>A program can make you fat
C'mon son lmao

This has to be the saddest shit ive seen on fit in a while

>more athletic and stronger
>Only 3x5 instead of 5x5 sets
>Only 3 days a week
>Rippetoe suggests drinking an entire jug of milk everyday
????

Retard alert

>CrossFit

>Planning to run Texas Method with CrossFit conditioning after I heal up from my accident
must have been head trauma if you are considering crossfit

It's a nice book if you're the conditioning coach at your high school, working with football players, baseball players, and wrestlers, or if you're coaching novice powerlifters. There's a really good section on squat technique.

That said, it's not for me, and it's not for most people over 20. I've completely stopped doing squats in favor of reverse lunges, split squats, and step ups, which are just plain safer on the ankle and knee. I still do deads.

I think the idea of increasing load is important for beginners, although I think linear progression is too simplistic and creates early plateaus.

it is a program designed for beginners getting into strength training/sports tio be able to specialize in as small a time frame as possible AND IT DOES NOT PROMISE ANY MORE.

if you want to look like brad pitt in fight club and you bitch about SS, you're making about as much sense as a painter complaining that his hammer isn't good for painting walls.

SS will
>give you fast size gains
>give you functional strength
>make you heavier
>make you proficient at the mian lifts
and if you want to add in the accessories such as chins etc as rip suggests, it will go some way to providing a foundation for bodybuilding.

this is what SS is, this is what rippetoe uses SS for, and just because you assumed that SS will be the answer to every goal you will ever have simultaneously, doesn't make it a "meme".

TOO LONG DIDNT READ OP.........
but
Here is my thread come to my thread thanks

squats are only bad for the knees if you have bad form or don't use full ROM.

You haven't read the book or watched his videos, you're just memeing.

Also, GOMAD is not for everyone. He advocates it only for underweight young men doing heavy strength training. It's not a general nutrition thing.

This. Do the program and see if your lifts go up. That's the only proper standard to measure it by.

boy your knowledge on SS is sorely lacking

as the other user said, unless you've read the book, you have no opinion worth uttering

I don't see anything wrong with doing something you enjoy. Different strokes for different folks.

You may plateau a bit quickly but you also gain super quickly. Imo it will last long enough for new lifters to learn about periodization and plan on how to proceed after SS has concluded.

I prefer greyskull personally tho but it is a bit slower at first.