What the fuck Veeky Forums? I thought I'd be jacked when I got to 1/2/3/4

what the fuck Veeky Forums? I thought I'd be jacked when I got to 1/2/3/4. youtu.be/Yllt9fvAB-A

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters
strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/
strongerbyscience.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/
youtube.com/watch?v=NU1ThRLK8sY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shit genes

Chin straps steal gains.

He's a lanklet.

Hate to break it to you, but your squats and deadlifts would get red lights. You're missing depth on the squat and your diddlies aren't locked or controlled long enough. You seem like you're on your way though. Keep up the good work.

tfw have these lifts
tfw look like this

brb roiding

its cause youre a lanklet
>also belt for 1/2/3/4 come on....

How tall? Post body pic.

I think the first squat rep would get at least one white. The deadlifts are unfortunately not locked out.

I like the fact that you didn't notice that his heels are up on the bench (despite wearing heeled shoes) and that his ass leaves the bench on all reps but the first two. The pause is also too short to accurately simulate a press command.

what's the lanklet cutoff? wil 6' look good with these lifts?

>quarter squat
>belt
there is your problem

>heels must be down
>IPF fag
>doesnt compete in funfeds

>shits his pants on every lift
>OHPs like fucking nothing
someone explain pls

>I thought I'd be jacked when I got to 1/2/3/4
maybe you would be.... but your lifts are shit. Also:
>belt for this weight
>lanklet prolly

he struggles on last rep of bench AND ohp, and regarding the tempo it's similar

also strength=/=size on a global scale, as long as you personally overload you'll get bigger but there are bigger people than OP that lift less

Yeah no shit you're not jacked you literally just finished with the first stage of training.

Fun is banned by WADA

Heels down and sumo, not slingshots and deadlift with straps OK?!

Who gives a fuck? he's clearly not a powerlifter.

Belts are fine, these guys are gay.

this too
1/2/3/4 congratulations you lift
1.5/2.75/4/5 congratulations you're known as "that strong guy"
2/3.5/5/6 Really strong guy 4 u, mires everyday (regarding strength)

These guys bitching about the belt are also deadlifting 2 pl8 but bragging about doulble overhand, before doing 1pl8 front squats.

The life of a lanklet

what about sumo WITH a slingshot???

M8 I lift 1/2/3/4 and I'm a fat cunt

life time IPF ban of you and all your relatives Tbh

Just eat more and do more accessory work .. Ur farther then 90% of people on here will ever get
lanklet checking in
6'3 225
585 d
325 b
445 s
225 ohp

Chill breh.
Now you got that strength base so you can quit doing strength shit and now you can train for hypertrophy without having to grab baby weights.
You can just do rack pulls, good mornings and RDLs now.
You literally don't have to deadlift ever again.
Congratulations
Eat like a monster and you'll get sicc aesthetics soon.

I'm 6'4" and I feel like I will never squat 4pl8 without sterons.
What program did u do?
I'm doing alpha destiny but I still just don't ever see 4pl8 squat in my future.

What are you at now? It all seems very far away when you start but it adds up really quick.

>he thinks 1/2/3/4 is anywhere close to impressive
you could reach that within 6-10months on a proper strength routnine

I can 5x6 squat 245 lbs ATG.
Using 2.5s to go up now, fuccin kill me.
Still progressing though.

A ton of factors influence strength beyond muscle size and skill with the movements used to test strength. The strength of individual muscle fibers, normalized muscle force, muscle moment arms, and body proportions can all have significant, independent effects on strength.
Just as there’s massive variability in muscle growth – some people gaining a ton of muscle in response to training, and other people gaining very little – there’s massive variability in strength gains as well. Normalized muscle force (how strong a muscle is relative to how large it is) can increase up to 39% for some people and decrease by as much as 5% for others, in response to the exact same training program.
Early on in training, there’s a very weak relationship between gains in muscle and gains in strength. Gains in muscle mass may explain as little as 2% of the variation in strength gains for new lifters.
For more experienced lifters, gains in muscle mass may explain up to 65%+ of the variability in strength gains, highlighting hypertrophy as a key factor for strength gains in trained lifters.
Training style has a big impact on the ratio of strength you gain relative to size, with heavier training generally producing larger gains in strength.

I have a 6'4 friend who never does any compounds. We played sports together and he went all body routine on machines since he was 14. Mom was kind of neglectful, but it was a different time. We didnt sit in front of computer screens 24/7. He ate a shit ton, we trained four times a week, went to the gym once or twice when we got older. He is weaker than most anons who have been lifting for a year, but he is jacked by /fraud/ standards. Genes and the correct upbringing. Huge frame which he filled with eating a lot and working out for now over a decade

Yeah you're fine m8. I mean don't get me wrong it'll take at least a year but you're already pretty close. Biggest thing is to milk LP until it's done, don't just stop because you hit some random standard.

As long as you're progressing you can get there.

The only thing aesthetic about 1/2/3/4 is the amount of weight on the bar, so you can lift without feeling like a total fag. That's all there is to it.

blessu

>He actually thought strength training would make him look good

sources? ill use it when retards start spamming 1/2/3/4 plates again. nothing to contribute but still replying anyways

i laughed way too hard at that

hey man, at least you just look like a bitch

rather than look like a bitch and actually be a bitch

also start doing some dedicated grip work man, your grip shitted out early on the dls.

LMFAO. This is what you get when you follow a KEKED STRENGTH PROGRAM. Listen up natties, if you want to LOOK GOOD and SLAY PUSSY there is one single program for you to follow. It's this:

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters

Tfw I failed on a 150lb bench press second last time I benched. I'm only 140lbs but still I was hoping I'd be close to 180 before failing. I did all my sets the next time I benched but it was hard. Probably never gonna reach 225 because I have no desire to weight more than 155lbs.

Go crazy
strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/

>Frequency is also super important. Hitting a muscle three times per week is the optimal frequency for natties.

Depends on the person. Some people can handle higher frequencies than others, that's just the way it is.

>t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters

thanks! user

this is straight up wrong unless you're talking small muscles like bi/tri and calves. 2x/week is better once you move to intermediate for everything else

The article explains that the volume is lower to make up for the high frequency.

hmmmmmmm...........

strongerbyscience.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/

also;
literally any weightlifting nation that is successful

Yeah I read the article and like to see more stuff like this posted here rather than the retarded strength powerlifting shit.
Im just hesitant when you start off with such general statements. Every lifter is an individual and there is no single best program for different people, let alone huge demographics like "natties"

This, research has shown time and time again even in beginners that frequency is preferable over volume.

Note that a split or PPL scheme will have comparatively low frequency and also total volume, for example this Norwegian program will have you hitting each competition movement or some variation thereof 5-6x/week (dependent on weight class) for several difficult sets (~RPE 8+) EVERY WEEK.

> dem comments on the video.
I hope they die.

>strength training reaps another victim
That's what you get when you train for strength when you want aesthetics: you get strong and disappointed.

I'm not even trolling, in all seriousness: if you want aesthetics, immediately drop the strength training bullshit and go for a bodybuilding split and pay way more attention to your nutrition. Unless you want to be a powerlifter, then by all means go ahead.

No offense OP but you gotta work on those calfs

This.
You DO NOT want to go through Snap City on your way to Coolsville.

Nice dude. Now it's time to hop on a basic steroid cycle. 600 MG of Test E/week.

This.
If you cant 1/2/3/4 dont even go to the gym.

Ur gonna make it brev.
I havent made it yet but:
I was 135 6'1 at 18
Now im same height 165 but i bench 205 at 22 strated benching at 115 1 year+ ago.

Feelz good.

Also fuck dat 155 shit be as big as you need to be and let cardio sort it out.

Your bench disgusts me how your elbows flare out going up. I'm literally a dyel shitter but doing what you did at 1 pl8 I felt it fuck up my shoulder.

I'd have sex with you

Maybe stronger shoulders?
Idk, I'm not even close to 2/3/4 on my other lifts after 6 months in gym but I can 1 plate OHP for 5x5. These are my lifts (kg) 5x5: 60/75/100/120

So if I want my legs to stay the same size but my arms, chest, and upper back to grow more should I be doing high volume upper body exercises and strictly strength-oriented training on lower body? or is that retarded

you need to be able to get 1/2/3/4 x 10 to be truly jacked. if you aren't juicy by then, you have trash genes

Thanks for the kind words. I'm a manlet though. If I reach a 200lb bench I'd consider that really good for my frame. I think my chest is probably the weakest part of my upper body. It's always been small. I've been doing dips at the end of my workouts to help it along.

some people put back and leg power into ohp like I can ohp 1pl8 x 5 for example but I look dyel

ive never seen a 2pl8 ohp other than in pumping iron

>good mornings and RDLs now.
Wtf are these good for aesthetics?

I'm a weakfag at about 0.8/1.5/2/2.5 yet I look 10 times better than OP. People like to say that strength, aesthetics and size in natties are closely related but in my experience that is not the case at all.

Example Alexander Kang, tiny powerlifter that has been at it for around a decade I believe(?). He intentionally stays at the same weight class and still improves year after year with impressive dedication. Much respect. Though as you can see from a physique perspective he's beat by your random 15 year old basketball player.

youtube.com/watch?v=NU1ThRLK8sY

>this autistic