I was going to start SS but it looks like it requires gym membership

I was going to start SS but it looks like it requires gym membership.

Do I need to nut up and get a gym membership? Also, I was thinking (when I'd eventually join a gym) that I'd go after work, but might that be a very busy time filled with chad teenagers laughing at my babby arms and terrible posture?

>Do I need to nut up and get a gym membership?
Are you fucking retarded...
Actually, don't get a gym membership, you already won't make it.

I was planning on dropping 20lbs before joining a gym, naysayer.

>he actually thinks people will give a shit about his babby arms and whatever else

So let's pretend they do. And?

>tfw OP is just finding excuses not to go

Just another reason why you won't make it. Let me try to explain why.

To make it, you have to snap out of paralysis by analysis. You were asking "do I need a gym membership", but you already know the answer to that question. You're looking for outs before even starting.

Say what you will about Shia m'Buff, but his "JUST DO IT" thing is real. That's the only way to make it. You just have to fucking do it. Stop thinking about doing it. Stop asking other people how. Stop looking for outs. Just DO IT.

>OP wants to make it
>wants to start SS
>reluctant to get a gym membership

wanna know how i know that you wont make it?

yes user, you are right

I will work hard and prove myself to Veeky Forums, please excuse my insolence

And doing exhausting physical workouts in an hostile environment would obviously have huge impact on OPs chances to persevere in the said exhausting workouts, thus significantly lowering his chances to making it.

We really need to stop giving retarded advice like that. People DO notice newcomers. People DO laugh behind back at you for being weak. People DO stare at you if you have weird clothes/behaviors/form. Gym isnt a magical safehouse judgment free zone. Its a public place like any else, nobody get free pass for just being there.

If you are overweight do not do SS. If you don't want to go to a gym yet you'll be 10x better off just doing p90x or insanity until you're lean and then getting a gym membership, jumping on a brosplit or ppl and clean bulking.

>People DO notice newcomers. People DO laugh behind back at you for being weak. People DO stare at you if you have weird clothes/behaviors/form.
And if you actually give a fuck about this, the problem lies with you. The only way to get over it is to get accustomed to it and realize it doesn't fucking matter. What matters is the work you put in every single time you hit the gym, not your abs or the weight you're lifting.

OP, whatever advice people give you in this thread, remember that the ONLY way to actually get in shape is to DO IT. Whichever program you choose or if you just fuck around at the gym for a while to start off, you have to DO IT. There's no other way.

Losing 20 lbs before joining a gym doesn't make any sense, and you know this.

>We really need to stop giving retarded advice like that. People DO notice newcomers. People DO laugh behind back at you for being weak. People DO stare at you if you have weird clothes/behaviors/form.
no, you know what? i don't give a fuck about newcomers in my gym... however i laugh at guys who are going there for 6 months without any visible progress doing meme exercises and biceps curls... So if you will do some meme shit YES i will laugh at you, if you will not make any progress in reasonable timespan YES i will laugh at you

no, you only need a barbell, bench, and some weights you dubm fuck

>And if you actually give a fuck about this, the problem lies with you.
If you actually give a fuck then you are a normal functioning human being. If you legit dont mind people not liking you, you have some kind of psychological disorder. This isnt a fucking train montage from Rocky movie.
I am not saying that OP shouldnt go to the fucking gym, of course he should go. But telling people that nobody will even notice them is just straight up lying. And suggesting to magically "not mind" people laughing at you is straight up autistic.

OP should do whatever he can to ensure he looks as normal as he can before going to the gym and actually knowing what the fuck to do when he is there. Or he will have a bad time. Cant do anything about people laughing at you for being weak but persevere and get stronger, so your advice is legit, just dont serve it together with bullshit as a side dish.

Today was my first day at the gym. Golds gym if you ask. The first exercise feels weird because you think everyone there has eyes on you but its untrue. I quickly noticed that other people cant focus on you because their attention is taken away by the exercise they are doing or whats on the tv or their phones. All i can say is move around the place, try different machines and be positive. The hour that i was in there felt like 20 minutes.

>If you legit dont mind people not liking you, you have some kind of psychological disorder.
It's not about being liked, it's about being judged and/or rejected. If you legit CAN'T go to the gym out of fear of people judging you, is that not a psychological issue that should be addressed?

>And suggesting to magically "not mind" people laughing at you is straight up autistic.
That wasn't even me posting that comment, I'm the DO IT guy, but it's still a strawman argument against the other guy. No one said to just "not care" about other people, we're saying that you WILL stop caring the more you do it. I'm saying that the only way to snap out of it is to just do it and get used to doing it. If OP is a reader, he could read some books, but that's just more analysis.

>If you legit CAN'T go to the gym out of fear of people judging you, is that not a psychological issue that should be addressed?
Yes. I never implied otherwise.

>No one said to just "not care" about other people,
>"And if you actually give a fuck about this, the problem lies with you." - You
>Giving a fuck = caring
Those are synonyms, user, what the fuck were you thinking about when you tried to pull the logical fallacy - strawman meme?

Look, I am not arguing against your advice and we are actually in agreement, there is nothing to argue about. Just be more careful with your "eye of the tiger" speeches so that they dont include bullshit. Tell it how it is. So newcomers can prepare.

You wrote:
>magically "not mind" people
No one said to "magically 'not mind' people", we said that the only way to overcome it is by "doing it". That was the strawman, but I realize just now that I was unclear before, so fair enough.

OP should just fucking do it. Thats for sure. Lets just not sugarcoat how gymbros treat weak nerdy newcomers.

>Lets just not sugarcoat how gymbros treat weak nerdy newcomers.
Maybe its just my gym, but nobody fucking cares where you start. Its as user put it earlier, "i laugh at guys who are going there for 6 months without any visible progress"

>People DO notice newcomers. People DO laugh behind back at you for being weak. People DO stare at you if you have weird clothes/behaviors/form.

Lmfao what

It's true. I go ass to grass on my squats and people always stare at me.