I play rugby since some time ago, i really like it, i do well except for the tackling part...

I play rugby since some time ago, i really like it, i do well except for the tackling part, i just cant tackle bigger or skilled opponents than me, they just escape or when i go to their tights i just fly away and get hit like a fucking bitch, every match i get injured as fuck, i have broke my nose and arms

I do pretty well on the weight lifting room, but it has no effect on rugby tackling, also im pretty dumb for rugby pass or skilled plays

Should i quit for once and all and realice im not made for rugby because i suck on the field ? I cant improve my tackling and it sucks to get swranped by people who is weaker than me at wrestling or lifting

Go for the ankles if theyre massive. Dunno what position you are but if you're front 5 and a fast/skilled player is beating you, thats probably not your problem, just stay tight to the ruck at guard/bodyguard (or pillar/post or whatever you call it). Breaking your nose is part and parcel, but armS? Not collarbone? Maybe youre just one of those glass lads who looks the wrong way at a rugby ball and snaps their shit

>Go for the ankles if theyre massive.
Oh lord do not do this retarded shit. Big guys do not want to hurt you, going too low is a recipe to get badly hurt.

Technique for running in a linear way (like in track) is different to running in a way where you change direction a lot. Typically in the latter your arms and legs move out to the side more. There's a great sports science doc on Ronaldo that goes over a lot of the techniques on youtube.

You must have been taught how to tackle properly (mostly smacking into center of mass with a shoulder). Aim for that. Going too high is better but you're less likely to have any success, too low and you're way more liable to be injured.

Also, if you're regularly getting boshed but you're also decent at wrestling/lifting, then your technique is all kinds of shit. Get low, angle your body so the force of impact goes through your core to your legs (like a squat), drive through

This, it's almost certainly an issue of coordination. Even if you are the strongest guy on the field, you're still gonna get your shit fucked if you can't apply any of that strength correctly.

This, everytime i went low i got hurt like never

I have practice losts of tackles but ita discouraging, i cant do it propery, and every 1/3 correct tackles i get hurt

I have poor to no elasticy, i dont know if that could mess up my technique, wich is pretty bad, i have always been too rigid and dumb for team sports

I dont want to quit but im stuck and cant make any better and all i get are injuries

I have no coordination, i have poor skills, the only thing im good at is when i take the ball its hard to tackle me, even im 75 kg and a bit lanky, but besides that i feel like an autistic

>playing rugby
i used to do this and it was fun, but fuck playing past age 18 because life long partialy crippling injury is inevitable. if you value the ability to stay good in the weight room i highly suggest quitting or end up like my beat up old rugby buddies

This is true, I play prop and my back is all kinds of fucked up, I've broken shoulders and fingers too. Wouldn't give it up for the world though, once you've got the bug you've got it. Joining a rugby club while an adult = phenomenal bants

Bulk the fuck up first of all, also try doing some weightlifting as it dramatically improves coordination and explosivity. Just visit a weightlifting club and I'm sure they will be happy to teach you, hell you might even find it fun and join up.

Yes mate, all the older guys i know are broken as shit, they barely can crank out a good sets of pushups because of all the shoulder injuries they have had, even though they do great on the field and are massive

Its like the only ones who can go pro and get well paid are genetic freaks who cant broke the shit out of them

I cant increase my size for fucking sake but strenght yes, im explosive in the short run only, my endurance is pretty sucky

I cant do weightlifting moves because my shoulders are rigid as fuck, only weighted dips bench squat and pull ups

Yes you can, eat more, train more.
Your shoulders are rigid because you've completely fucked you posture by doing nothing but shoulder dominant moves, incorporate face pulls into your routine every training day and do band dislocations

You can improve your tackles. It's almost entirely technique. Keep your head up and you'll stop breaking your fucking nose.

When trying to bulk up i felt like shit, asleepy all day and ended up puking and losing weight, now i dont eat that much i feel better

Dude, this may sound weird but i cant gain elasticy for fuck sake,all my joints have been rigid and stiff since i was born,

For example i could never sitt on indian style, not even as a kid

I got told by a doc i have shorter ligaments than average joe

Eat better food then.

Are you British? I understand it can be hard to get real food there, especially if you live in a city, but bulking should not cause fatigue if you eat properly, in fact it should do the opposite.

Also have you tried working on your mobility? I'd also try asking your doctor for collagen supplements.

Its not that im making some sort of excuses but what mentioned before is true

Is there a way to make my coordination better without weightlifting moves ? I can do them but with very light weights because of what mentioned before..could that help ?

Nope bro, im not british

Yes i tried working on my mobolity a lot but nothing worked, collagen suplements ? I'll ask him

I used to box and even I thought rugby was an inanely dangerous, ballsy sport and couldn't fathom ever doing it.

Literal paralysis, brain damage etc. any risk that comes from playing any sport can pretty much be found on the list rugby possesses.

Athletics, jumping and throwing in particular operate a lot of the same principles as weightlifting.
Ok, improve your diet as good as you can then, I'm sure you can gain weight if you eat good food. Of course do take it slowly, don't stuff yourself.

And yes, collagen is what fibrous (i.e. connective tissue) consists of, it could improve ligament and tendon function in some patients.

Wich is more dangerous to you, boxing or rugby ?

Oh aight, thanks mate

I can't speak for pro level of both sports but barely anybody gets badly hurt in amateur boxing. I've known quite a few people to have suffered debilitating physical injuries and concussions playing rugby.

The long term brain effects are something I can't really speak for but I can't imagine either are good.

Dude got the money to afford that, if i injured that much id get poor as kenny mccormick

>Are you British? I understand it can be hard to get real food there
It's easier than pretty much any other country in the world to get "real food" there. A lot of Brits aren't even aware of how dire other places are and how lucky they are.

I went to several super markets and it all seemed like processed crap, but that goes for a lot of EU countries save Denmark, France and the Mediterranean countries.

Not meant to disrespect you or anything, but it just seems to me like a lot of what's available to city dwellers is nothing but sugary crap.

>and it all seemed like processed crap
You either went into the wrong supermarket or you went into the wrong aisles. And to take just one of the examples, it's difficult to even buy fresh milk in France. Most people buy UHT there, tho there's been a kind of hipster interest in better milk in the last couple of years.

Most supermarkets have a strong range of everything, and buying free range or organic stuff is real cheap too. Choice in cities is also on a whole other level. Tell me where you're from so there's some reference, it's clear you've never been to the UK tho.