>Martins Licis
>Jean Francois Caron
>Nick Best
>Mateusz Kieliszkowski
>Laurence Shahlaei

Place your bets, Veeky Forums.

Shameless self bump

rooting for big z comeback

Who's the betting favorite? Assuming bookies care about WSM.

Brian Shaw, who's won the contest four times and is not old like Z, or Eddie Hall, who has the events in his favour (slow in moving events, but ridiculously strong if he's allowed to stand in one place).

where can i see this?

Thor
Shaw
Eddie
Z
Licis
Best

Eddie has won carry and drag at Europes and is a good truck puller. Shaw will fuck himself by refusing to wear equipment in the powerlifting events, where as everybody else will be suited and wrapped.

Z needs to get it. Changed his physique as he has been stagnating the past few years. He needs to get those 5 titles under his belt.

Never going to happen. Did you see him in the heats? Z is done.

I want Thor to win, just because GoT is on in a few months and it will bring more money and popularity into strongman.

Savickas is done for. He'd probably beat everyone in this list in his prime years, but his last performances were shit, dude's old

z did get too lean, rip

Flip and Drag: Thor, Shaw, Hall
Squat: Hall, Thor, Shahlei
Viking Press: Hall, Thor, Kieliszkowski
Truck Pull: Shaw, Thor, Z
Deadlift: Hall, Shaw, Thor
Stones: Shaw, Thor, Hall
It'll be incredibly close.

>thinking Z is going to beat Hall in the truck pull

Eddie got this

>Changed his physique
yeah, exactly
this is not a strongman's physique

>zydrunas not winning a press competition
>zydrunas not even in the top 3

there's buying the "he's old and done for" meme and then there's being a full blow paste eating helmet wearing retard.

you are the latter.

He could barely do axle press

Thor.
He could have won it last year but he screwed up the keg toss big league.

Eddie is a better presser than Z in anything but the log lift now, and maybe that one too.

I think it would be stupid to count Licis out of the squat. In the heats, he did more reps than Z and Thor combined.

Shaw 1st, Licis 2nd, Best 3rd

USA USA USA

Brain shaw wins it all again, 2nd is a tossup, between Big Z, Eddie and Thor

Thor was just testing the setup. Watch the video.

True he fucked up the kegs, but he was mediocre at a few other lifts as well.

Didn't he come in like 4th or something?

are there videos of this ANYWHERE, or is it gonna be the usual 'broadcast it months after the fact' thing?

Lost by two points.
Second place.
He won Shaw in the Atlas stones but threw away the kegs and pretty much gave Shaw the win.

YouTube. No production though.

Huh, guess I must have been thinking of 2015. I do remember being impressed by how well he deadlifted at his height.

This is Eddie Hall's progress over the last 5 years, I think he's gonna take it this year. The dude wants it more than anyone else and hes constantly improving every year.

The events are also perfect for him.

shaw is definitely taking the atlas event, and will likely win or come close to first in deadlift and squatting. eddie, if i had to pick someone, is almost certainly gonna take the deadlift, and might take the flip and drag too. he and Z are probably gonna fight for the viking press first place, but the press has always been Z's big lift iirc.

tbqh if anyone is going to beat shaw, it'd probably be eddie. shaw and hall are both guaranteed top 5, with at least 1 of them taking the podium. probably both, but anything can happen.

also, proportional to height he's the biggest (heaviest) guy by far there, 6'3" 400 vs. hafthors 6'8" 400 to compare

Actually, he's 190 kg now, heavier than ever. Don't be surprised if he wins the truck pull.

So he's the fattest guy there.

Hafthor and Shaw both weigh around 450 now.

Why will Shaw refuse to wear gear?

Hall is now the best Viking presser in the world according to Kalle Beck and other strongman competitors. He will win that, the deadlift and he will undoubtedly win the squat. Three first places...

>he will undoubtedly win the squat

Did you see Licis in the heats? I'll say the Viking press and the deadlift are more certain wins for Eddie.

Eddie is a ridiculous squatter. Licis is good, but Eddie is just better at this point

Hall squatted 345kgx8 easy, 100% raw in trainers, doubt Licis could do that

Nothing fits him lol

damn, this guy is huge, he participating in WSM too?

His back injury is too severe, he lost all his strength

any streams?

Nah hes all natural and doesn't compete with roiders lol ;)

He thinks suits are cheating (but is fine with sleeves, straps, wraps, belts, shoes, glue, gloves, etc.) fucking hypocrite.

Which is obviously because his fat arse doesn't get a single kg out of a suit

Side by side, the Icelander is more impressive. No straps, mixed grip, makes it look easy.

Approximately 460 kg on both?

Big deadlifts done by big guys(4u). I dont see the problem!?

Lmao, comparing eddie to a guy with fake plates.

The federation benni was lifting in is notorious for their shit.

I think these are 460kg yes.

Neither do I, but Benni is a more fun guy than Eddie

How so? Not so bad as to lie about the weight, surely? Anyway, the both lifted 463kg on the same bar one year.

I would like Hall to win because he's from my town and wants it.

Thread saving bump

Shaw is going to just beat Thor

Hall is going to do so shit on a couple of events that his high scores in other ones mean he can't place

Big Z won't do great but its great to have him there

I'm hoping Hall gets it, I just want him to get it at least once.

Kieliszkowski is going to have a promising career.

are these guys even healthy

>>Laurence Shahlaei
>Nick Best

Stop it.

>botswana

I don't know much about the other guys other than Z and Shaw, but I'm rooting for Eddie because of that documentary. He's a madman.

Not at all lol but that's the price you pay for the feats of strength they perform.

I feel like this is the most likely outcome desu

This

suits are cheating
obviously on the needle
rusrs?

L I E T U V A
I B I G Z
E I
T G
U Z
V
A

This is completely fair. I also love Thor, he's somewhat sold out but in admirable way that makes me like him more for popularizing strongman. I would love to see him take WSM at least once, but Brian is a fucking machine. He won't lose, because he is the goddamned best.

Brian is shit, hope he dies. Eddie has a chance this year. Everythign is heavy and the moving events are not necessarily bad for him.

Tbqh, I'd like to see someone other than Shaw win it just to mix it up a bit. Nothing against Shaw, he's a fantastic athlete. Would love an upset like Europes last year when Big Loz won it

1. Brian Shaw
2. Hafthor
3. Don't know. Won't be Hall though

Zydrunas will win the press but not even come top three in anything else.

This will happen unless something unforeseen happens. I think Shaw is a humblebragging passive aggressive piece of shit but he knows his strongman. Hafthor just isn't good enough(might be he could be but I think his other business activities take too much away).

Hall is barely even human when it comes to static strength but he will be outclassed far too much when he has to actually move.

Yeah in a few years he will be the new king when Shaw gets close to 40.

1. Shaw
2. Hall
3. Z
4. Thor
5. Kieliszkowski

Shaw beat Hall in DL for reps last time tho.

Admirable desu. Winning without something that you think is cheating or advantageous is an ultimate proof of dominance.

Lie about the weight? Did eddie not actually do 500kg?

Noooo they are not.

He did do 500kg. That is not what was in question. The guy I replied to say Benni's lift was with fake plates. Because it was in a competition with an organization that is known for their shit.

Lots of people seem to hate Shaw. He seems nice but a little passive aggressive yeah. Some people say he influences the judges. Any examples of him being unlikable?

His whole persona is unlikable.
>ASC is rigged
>Zydrunas fell over so I should win even though I didn't

What is ASC and what incident are you referring to with Z? I don't follow super closely

Arnold Strongman Classic
One year there was a sandbag carry in WSM that they did in a pool. Zydrunas fell over while doing the event. Later Shaw has said that he should have won the title that year, because Zydrunas fell over.

Now, you should know they tied that year and Zydrunas was given the victory based on a countback or w/e they called it. Basically, he had more event wins and therefore got the title.

Oh i remember that event but not what Brian said. Honestly kinda bitchy. Countback seems fair. Weird how a guy so strong can honestly seem a bit...beta???

Two years ago. He went after Eddie as well so he knew how many reps he had to do, if they had gone head to head then he probably wouldn't have beaten him

Because he's a phaggot. He started seeing Mike Jenkins's widow before he was even cold and a lot of people who used to train with him now don't because of his personality. Mike Burke doesn't even speak to him any more

Hafthor & Shaw (duh)

>phaggot
>being this much of a nigger

Get the fuck out out of here summer faggot. Reddit is more your speed.

Huge? Wait until you see him in real life. He's a monster.

Yeah i thought that was weird when i realized who she was but i assumed they were like best bros blood brothers and he felt Mike would have wanted it

Licis made an amateur mistake and pushed it too hard. He'll be a little burnt in the finals. Thor was playing it smart for once and got the points he needed to continue.

>Flip and Drag
Björnsson, Shaw, Hall
>Squat Lift
Hall, Shahlaei, Licis
>Viking Press
Hall, Savickas, Kieliszkowski
>Vehicle Pull
Björnsson, Shaw, Hall
>Deadlift
Hall, Shaw, Caron
>Atlas Stones
Björnsson, Shaw, Hall

You're missing the fucking point. You don't take a knife to a gunfight. You don't race Indy with 87 octane. You don't play Augusta with rented clubs. And you don't squat 700 lbs AMRAP without a fucking suit.

I go to the same gym as Eddie and I can say with certainty he's winning press and deadlift. I can't talk for the rest of the events because I've not seen the other competitors but I know nobody will be winning those events but Hall.

Does he exist in real life?

Why the fuck are they in Africa?