How does Veeky Forums feel about Diet Sodas?

Are they a good way to keep cravings down?

Do you notice they disrupt fat loss?

Other urls found in this thread:

stroke.ahajournals.org/content/48/5/1139
examine.com/nutrition/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/
examine.com/nutrition/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/
books.google.com/books?id=QK6KdgOubbUC&pg=PA58#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Club soda/sparkling water is much better
>0 calories
>no caffeine
>no acid or dyes to fuck up your teeth

Either mix in a shot of some juice or buy those that have fruit flavors mixed in, and you'll quickly get over the need for sweetness. I have soda on occasion at social events, but I can't put it away like I used to because it's way too sweet for me now.

Diet Soda is concentrated cancer in a can. I'd sooner drink regular soda than any sort of diet shit.

there's no evidence suggesting that diet soda causes cancer

there's overwhelming evidence that an overabundance of real sugar leads to increased rates of cancer

why do you believe this?

Idk if you're a child or obese

Arent diet sodas linked to dimentia? my gf keeps telling me to not drink them because of a study she read

stroke.ahajournals.org/content/48/5/1139

bump for seltzer

>or buy those that have fruit flavors mixed in

Are those acid-free too?

In small frequency diet sodas are generally okay, and likely better for cutting than regular sodas. But in high frequency, like anything more than 3x a week, is really not great for you. Go with what the guy above said, seltzer water and some fruit juice/low cal water flavor stuff (mio or whatever?)

They're good if you're trying to make yourself hungry all the time

Artificial sweeteners in general are great for that. Eat up!

>there's no scientific proof! *sticks head in bag of stevia*

okay

they say "natural flavors" on the nutrition facts, nothing about acids

Well there isn't any scientific proof. You can't just ignore that with a greentext.

It's bullshit; the studies are cluttered with confounding variables.

>"natural flavors"

sounds like acid

It's basically the same as slicing up some fruit and putting it in a water pitcher. Some acid gets into the water, but it's super diluted so it's nowhere near the levels of phosphoric acid in diet and regular sodas

Okay, but I'm planning to quit all acidic stuff soon. I'll do okay with straight sparkling water.

You're going to be hard pressed to avoid all types of acid in food, brah

Aspartame gets metabolised into formaldehyde and that's what gives you the heeby jeebys. Also causes insulin spike so more difficult to enter fat burning mode. Unnatural shit, don't let the jews take your money! They'll brain wash you into thinking it's fine!

Also, one of the pre-cursors to aspartame is phenylalanine, which gets made by genetically modifying E. coli bacteria and collecting its shit. No thanks!

Wouldn't know I'm into traps only

I started drinking these. They are super tasty and get me through the day if i can sit down and eat for a bit

Cant*

lol all point and laugh at this legit sub-saharan IQ buffoon

Soda is for nu-males

is the only acceptable replacement

>b-but my sodie pop

But muh aspartame bro science

same here mate

I have coworkers that chug 2L coke bottles every day and it fucking disgusts me. I try to educate them but they insist it's "not that bad".

It fucks up your teeth anyway, look it up.

Absolutely HOWLING at anti aspartame cucks who say they don't drink diet drinks because it causes cancer despite there being no evidence and then proceed to do things that are actually proven to be bad for you such as downing double your daily sugar allowance in one drink

I drink about a liter+ a day of diet caffeine free pepsi. Still cut 20lbs so far. The sun causes cancer fags better go hide in your basement for the rest of your life.

well I dont see the point of drinking something that spykes my insulin just like normal soda. I go the manly way and drink water.

every single girl I knew who drank diet sodas had the nastest smelling pussy, it seems diet sodas make womens pussys smell like rotting vomit and dog shit, just drink sparkling waters like perrier if you need that buzz

>all these ridiculous claims without any proof

Soda gives me bubble guts now but once in a blue moon I'll have a diet dr. Pepper to feel like I'm enjoying a soda.

it caused cancer in rats. Thats the study people meme even without knowing it.
You shouldn't drink it regardless. It tricks your brain into thinking you just drank sugar when you didn't, causing you to spike insulin levels with constant use

If you dick is smaller than that bottle then you're a fucking dicklet. LOL

Any form of carbonation renders water acidic.

Why on earth would you try avoiding acids? Citric acid and vinegar acid is added to pretty much everything and it makes everything a lot better. Add a small splash of vinegar or lemon juice to pretty much any dinner, and it's instantly a lot better. Neither of these acids are harmful in any way to your body, unless it's consumed in extreme excess (and to be honest, everything is harmful when consumed in extreme excess).

examine.com/nutrition/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/

examine.com/nutrition/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/

books.google.com/books?id=QK6KdgOubbUC&pg=PA58#v=onepage&q&f=false
>carbonated water is acidic but has a low titratable acidity and so is less likely to cause severe erosion