What is a good 4 day U/L split?

what is a good 4 day U/L split?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PHUL

Candito

candito's strength/hypertrophy routine

Something about Upper/Lowers don't sit right with me.

Full body 3 times a week is best if you're natural, nothing comes close to it. When I say this I don't mean just do 3x5 squats, 3x5 bench and 1x5 deadlifts and then leave. I'm talking about a full body with large variety, with intensity and volume appropriately spread out over the week.

A = Bench/Squat/Weighted Pullups + whatever the fuck you want to do after that.
B = OHP/Deadlift/Rows + whatever the fuck you want to do after that

Week 1 = ABA, Week 2 = BAB, etc.

I do my big 3 main movements first, then I spend at least an hour doing specific body-parts after that.

This

OP what's that girl's ig user

Why is this better then upper/lower 4 day split? Wouldnt you be extremely fatigued all the time with such high volume as a natty?

joanna kuchta

why is it legal for girls to be this sexy

Frequency is number 1 priority for natural lifters (after progressive overload of course)

3x frequency > 2x frequency

You spread out your intensity/volume out appropriately over the week in order to not get fatigued, it's the best way to train.

If anything you run the risk of becoming more fatigued on a upper/lower routine because you're forced to squeeze in much more lifts into each session, and you're in the gym for an additional day.

Brother the routine dont change much
Hit every bodypart twice a week (leg once is acceptable)
Always include:
Dead
Squat
Bench
Row
Pull up
Press
Thats it homie

what about 5-6 days a week routines? with progressive overload, not just PPL mindlessly repeated with no structure..

I'm very interested in trying this. I have been doing upper/lower for a while now and have seen very good results. But if full body is more effective I am willing to try it.

Can you explain how you specifically spread out the intensity and volume throughout the week?

UL is good if you are intermediate lvl.

I stuck with SL/greyskull until i hit 1/2/3/4 for reps @ 170 lb at which point i can no longer progress and switched to c6W and rode the gain train until 2/3/4/5 (1RM) @185 lb.

>Can you explain how you specifically spread out the intensity and volume throughout the week?

Say A = Bench/Squat/Weighted Pullups, and B = OHP/Deadlifts/Rows

On (A) you would do a lighter OHP alternative, like behind the neck press, hamstring curls since you're (quad dominant) squatting.

On (B) you would do a lighter Bench alternative, like Incline or a Fly, leg extensions since you're (hamstring dominant) deadlifting.

You can train arms and calves on both days, say (A) = standing calf raises, (B) = seated calf raises. You can do 1 bicep and 1 tricep isolation on both A and B, meaning you also get 3x frequency with your arms as well as every other body-part. Doing 1 bicep and 1 tricep exercise on each session allows you to maximize the quality of that specific lift. This is how I reached a 1 plate bb curl for reps with good form, just doing 3x8 bb curls 3 times a week.

novice or intermediate OP?

Thanks a lot man. What are the numbers of your main lifts if you dont mind me asking?

Bout how many cycles did it take you to reach those lifts?

lifting little over 5 years

5'7 85kg, bout 16-18% bodyfat, very lean at bout 77-78kg.

current numbers that im maintaining and slowly recomping with on 3,000/calories a day

40kg weighted pullups
90kg ohp
120kg rows
135kg bench
230kg squat
255kg deadlift (short arms hence squat/dl so close)

Thanks, I'm going to start this next week and see how it goes. You've inspired me.

Wouldn't be equivalent to spreading the workout through 6 sessions instead of 3, like this ?

Post body for reference

Yes, but your body doesn't get anywhere near as good recovery compared to the standard Monday/Wednesday/Friday and 48 hour Weekend recovery, which boosts you really well for the first Monday sessions which greatly increases the chances of progressive overload occurring.

What are your rep ranges like on the big compound movements?

is there even a point in doing more then 4 days a week?

time restrictions and volume management. someone peaking for a powerlifting meet might not be able to deadlift for 10 sets of 3 in 1 sitting without taking long breaks towards the end, so splitting it into a 2 day a week deadlift session they can get the same volume with less form degradation.
similarly, people who are deep into a cut may not be able to put as much effort into the later exercises if they squat first 3x a week. splitting it into a 4-6x a week upper/lower or movement based split can help them maintain intensity and progression on other lifts. for example, i stalled HARD on bent over rows at ~135kg. i switched to an upper/lower, rowing first rather than last, and i added 15kg to my 5rm in ~4 months of bulking. now i alternate between upper and lower and end up lifting 5-6x a week, with roughly 1 hour long sessions each time

Good job. Wish to have similar stats someday.

I just kept doing my 3 day push pull split on a cut, now.

Chest/tri, back/bic and abs/shoulders

I just go to the gym like that, an occasional rest day and cardio day once a while.

Not sure if I'm doing the right thing?

Brosplits are garbage no matter what, and most other stuff is poorly written.

I can almost guarantee you aren't. Do an established routine or a PPL with a lot of testimonials (I like CoolCicada's) and make sure you have a realistic and sustainable progression system worked out.

>Push
Bench press 5x5
Dumbbell press 8x3
Incline flies 10x3
Cable crossover 10x3
Low cable crossover 10x3
Close-grip bench press 8x3
Push down handle 10x3
Push down rope 10x3
Weighted dips, ranging from 5 to 8, 3-5 sets

Weighted dips

>Pull
Pull ups (either weighted, 4-8 or no weight, 3-5 sets)
Wide grip lat-pulldown 8x3
Seated cable rows 8-10x3
Wide grip barbell rows 6-8x3
Narrow grip rows 6-8x3
Some varieties of bicep curls

Bump

r8 mine

Yeah, you're fuckin up.

You're prioritizing too much shit on the same day famjam.

2/10 get some better focus

>candito's strength/hypertrophy routine
this is like phul. what's the difference? who came first?

>joanna kuchta
what value do people like this bring to society? genuine question.

inter

rack pulls are like deadlifts but very little legs involved why the fuck are you doing them on lower

Yo lads what's a good 2x upper routine i can do with candito 6 week lower that incorporates bench and ohp?

fap material duh

how would you guys "fix" my routine if I may ask politely?

I'm gonna be honest I don't feel like fixing yours, but I do have a 5/3/1 mod I wrote a while ago that you can use.

x12x34x

1:
Bench 5/3/1
OHP variation 3x10 (can also do incline bench variations)
Heavy Row 3x5
Rear Delts/Upper Back 4x12
Chest Iso 4x12 (can also do accessory presses that aren't flat)
Bicep 3x10
Bicep 3x10

2:
Squat 5/3/1
DL var 3x8
Quad 4x12 (NOT LEG EXTENSIONS)
Hamstring 4x12
Ab Work 4x10
Lower Back 4x10

3:
OHP 5/3/1
Bench Var 3x10 (not incline)
Volume Rows 3x10
Shoulder Iso 4x12
Rear Delt/Upper Back 4x12
Triceps 3x20

4:
Deadlift 5/3/1
Squat variation 3x10
Posterior Chain 3x8
Posterior Chain 4x12
Ab Work 4x10
Lower Back 4x10

Rotate anything that isn't marked 5/3/1 every 5/3/1 cycle (i.e. after every deload) and try to progress on these assistance movements ever week, 5/3/1 progresses as described in the book. Start out with those rep ranges and as you get more experienced you can make tweaks and even change them entirely to suit your goals. Do NOT do this until you have run at least 4 cycles and have improved your knowledge enough to do this. Assistance exercises should be targeted towards weaknesses only.

what value do you bring to society besides shitposting on Veeky Forums?

Texas method 4 day
Do rows/weighted chinups on your upper body days

You basically just described pic related.

Is too late for me to cut?
Haven't done a cut ever since i started to lift 2 years ago

Are PPL routines better than Upper/Lower splits? I do the latter but if PPL is objectively better I might be willing to try it

Fuck routines, join the actually understands master race.
>periodization, going from light to heavy
>4 lifts on upper, have a horizontal and vertical push and pull. Emphasis on horizontal on one day and vertical on the other.
>lower is squat movement heavy one day, hinge movement heavy other day. Light hinge on squat day, light squat on hinge day
Wanna do arms, do arms. Wanna do Ham Curls and leg extensions, do them. Wanna do abs, do them on lower days. Boom. Don't be a narrow-minded kunt lift how you want

No format is objectively better but everything else being equal UL saves you more time while getting the same results as PPL. That being said it depends way more on how well the program is written over the format.

How does recomping works exactly? I've never quite understood.

who's this broad looks pretty normal to be honest

oh shut up you fag

If you want more, but manageable, upper body volume and don't mind hitting the gym most days then PPL is great. Just make sure your days emphasise progress on a proper compound movement and keep other exercise choices to appropriate accessories.

literally beautiful, successful children

sexuality is so divorced from reproduction at this point

making young girls with daddy issues become tumblr-core sluts
shit fashion, good sluts ill take it

youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE

where do you live user? at my hometown girls look like shit but in my current city i can see 10 times hotter girls every day on the street
every girl has perfect legs now i dont know where to look its fucking annoying man

SS

drastically oversimplifying the relationship between frequency, volume, and fatigue there champ

consider this: different muscles can handle big overload stimulus at difference frequencies and produce different levels of systemic fatigue

>Tag the sponsor
say no more

>those uneven, still developing tits
MODS!!!!