/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

Olympic Weightlifting General: Waifu edition

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtube.com/watch?v=_ojp1Q1qZHY
youtube.com/watch?t=672&v=c493I-PMNqo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BFrBKK883z0
youtube.com/watch?v=B4B0zqgvcVY
youtube.com/watch?v=Yqm5itDXauc
youtube.com/watch?v=E2lqG4aU3mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=020PNw9a0u8
youtube.com/watch?v=rLyRAkK6g-c
youtube.com/watch?v=n2t9xkKzATU
youtube.com/watch?v=9euc-EqaTcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>sport

you must be confusing weighlifting with powerlifting, newfriend

>not enough space in my home gym to do Oly movements

this sucks, friends

its all the same shit

weightlifting is a discipline of the summer olympics and therefore more of a sport than soccer

prove me wrong

oly lifts at home sounds scary anyway. You'd be better off finding a gym if you actually wanna try it.
powerlifters:
>pudgy 300kg fat fucks wrapped up from head to toe doing their lazy big 3, with least amount of possible ROM for it to be accepted as a clean lift.

weighlifters:
>actual athletes
>aesthetic
>train speed, explosiveness, strength

learn the difference, it could save your life.

bae

To be fair soccer is a part of the olympics too, albeit with a selection of athletes (23 years old or younger)

>puts the weights don't gently
>tenderly kisses them

So sweet.

oh right

american football isn't though, right babe?

to be fair not all weightlifters look aesthetic either

vid related, its armenian cardio

Any idea on how to learn snatch?
I learned clean and jerk alone and Im progressing pretty well on c&j but snatch is something I always thought you needed a coach for because its so technical and so easy to injure yourself with.
Is it possible to learn it alone?

well yeah, obviously the 105+ kg class isnt going to be most aesthetic

Are the Chinese the most aesthetic, albeit manlets?

Pick up Greg Everett's book on weightlifting. Best purchase I ever made

If you're decent with clean+jerk. It's the same basic movement with a few caveats.

they would be if it werent for the fact that they're fuck ugly facially, roustami is much more aesthetic than tao

post good lifting session essentials
favorite as of lately:
youtube.com/watch?v=BFrBKK883z0

yes
>white devir cannot compete

yeah if you want aesthetics just look at nearly any 77 kg lifter, and even at the heavier weights there are still some guys who look really good, e.g. Klokov

Keeping with the thread's waifu theme
youtube.com/watch?v=B4B0zqgvcVY

Klokov would need to cut 5-10 kg by now (he's got a bit bigger) to get to -105 class though

>tfw I imagine that I'm being filmed for an ATG training session vid on my overhead days
>tfw autism

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

>mfw I train bulgarian so squat every day
>Now I'm sick so can't train
>Feels like my legs are cramping up because I haven't squatted heavy in two days

I'm having squat withdrawls, lads. Fucking shit I've already lost three kilos.

holy shit that's fucking thiccccc

God damn my dick

I haven't posted in one of these threads in months. Has anyone had any meets recently, or does anyone have any meets coming up soon?

WHO

y-you too m-m'lady

any tips to improve my clean?

Try not to send your feet out so far to the sides. Use less weight if you have to for now. Other than that just thousands of reps of practice

>tfw no polish weightlifting qt...

youtube.com/watch?v=Yqm5itDXauc

there's almost no dorsal flexion in your clean. Try catching it with a far more vertical back angle. feet in closer, knees farther forward. I'd practice doing snatch grip squats (with a grip like you'd do for overheadpress) to help you figure out how to get that far more vertical back angle.

Its long and in German, but has English subtitles. Its a real coach with 30 years experience training, and very valuable for anyone doing cleans. If you are asking on Veeky Forums, you dont have access to a trainer, so watch this.
Excellent videos on squat mobility, deadlift mobility and the squat as well. Some user linked it here the other day. In case you're reading this, thanks a lot

youtube.com/watch?v=E2lqG4aU3mQ

Practice front squats. The catch in the clean is the bottom of a front squat. Not a sumo squat

Also the bar looks like it hits mid thigh. Aim for a few inches higher

Why have a belt with 115 lbs...

Because it's 205 lbs.

You're both wrong.

The bar is 15 kilos. (33lbs)

Loaded with two 25 kilo plates and two 10 kilo plates for a total of 70 kilos (154lbs)

Collars are 5 kilos (11lbs)

Smaller red plates are also 5 kilos (11lbs) and the smaller yellow plates are 3 kilos (6lbs)

For a total of 98 kilos or 216 lbs.

this
someone post rostami no homo

>tfw gave up on OWL
>it only looks cool when clarence does it
>cross fitters and shit lifters make me hate the sport
>bwg 4 lyfe

>tfw gave up on BWG
>it only looks cool when the bald gay dudes do it
>cross shitters and dyel fags make me hate it
>owg 4 lyfe

except owg gives you SS gains. And tell me when are you going to snatch IRL?

probably tomorrow
at least owg gives you gains : ^)

if you can't tell by the movement of the bar that that's more than 50 kilogrammes you don't lift and you've never lifted.

Yet when your at a party what do you say about your bench?

jokes on you I don't go to parties

How come weightlifters are so handsome and cute yet powerlifters are obese?

me too

I want to incorporate power clean into my lifting program for explosiveness (rugbyfag)
But i dont know how to do it nor do i know how to learn the form.

Is there some sort of website that can show me how to program olympic lifts? Learn the form?

Ive been told programming power cleans are different than deadlifts in which you cant do high rep low % power cleans to make gains

What's a good routine that you would recommend for oly lifting?

YouTube, look for the Cal Strength videos on learning the Clean. Glenn Pendlay narrates and some of his trainees demonstrate.

Catalyst Athletics have many on their site. Dan John has some beginner programs. Practical Programming 3rd Edition has a couple of programs which are aimed at weightlifting in the intermediate section of the book. Greg Everett and Wil Fleming and Bob Takano all have books with beginner and intermediate programs. Also the LSUS program is on the web at wlforums dot com.

are those fake weights? current WR is 264, with 266 all time

In turn, thank you again for reposting it. I'm also learning to clean, and this is very useful.

Majority of the sites you recommend have their athlete doing 95+% cleans,cleans n jerk three times a week.

I have speed drills/jumps/bench press and lots and lots of cardio training to take into account.

When i said i want to incorporate power cleans i didnt say i want to become an full olympic weightlifter

I was addressing two different posters. Or at least, I thought I was. Only the first part of the response was about learning the power clean. The second part was about a guy asking specifically for a routine for weightlifting.

Basically after you learn to clean with the bar, do the recommendation of your strength program, which is typically something like 5 sets of 3 reps (Starting Strength), at the same weight across. So 5x3 with the bar. Next session, add weight for the 5x3 and incorporate some warmups as needed. so when you get to 5x3x95 you might do 3xbar, 3x65, 3x85 as warmups.

help a dyel out with form
youtube.com/watch?v=020PNw9a0u8
youtube.com/watch?v=rLyRAkK6g-c
they're different reps btw, didn't have a gymbro with me to film me
btw another question, is it alright to stay low body weight and trying out a novice routine?

yes that's why he is in front of green screen.

IS PRIVATE RETARD

It fucking sucks. There aren't any Oly gyms near me and none of the gyms here even have deadlifting platforms. Is it autistic to just do Oly weightlifting in the middle of the gym? I want to get started but I'm not sure if that's appropraite or not.

oh shit
fixed

start over the bar more, the bar should be over the balls of your feet at the start then you cover it with your shoulders. u got long legs and short torso look up yurik vardanian's start position

bar was looping right off the start because of start position and because u dont no wtf u doing, fix the start position then bring the bar inwards to your hips once it leaves the floor

also when you receive the bar dont just plop down to the bottom and relax, you should be actively resisting the bar down to the bottom, not relaxing like a retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=n2t9xkKzATU

for snatch but it's basically the same for clean

thanks senpai

Anyone here ever recovered from serious injuries? I've had a bad flare up of sciatic pain this month and idk what's wrong. I'm seeing a doctor next week, but does anyone have experiences coming back from snap city?

physio
go
to
physio

This doctor I'm seeing is a very highly ranked orthopedic surgeon and I'm only able to get an appointment because my gf's brother is a med student under him. I'll see if this guy has any physios that he recommends

obviously fake

dont you dare talk about my Rebeka like that

eyes off my waifu

Your waifu is a shit

>nearly brushes her tits against the camera
My weightlifterfu is pure, unlike that slag you posted.

Here's actually a important question. How do I stop looking like a crossfitter

I've tried everything I could, but every single time I even mumble the words "Olympic weight lifting", people's minds immediately go to crossfit

who cares what people think

i wonder how dave feels that everything he teaches his athletes is incorrect based on these foreign weightlifter coming in to teach them how to actually lift but he still continues to teach the incorrect way lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=9euc-EqaTcQ

you can see pyrros clearly demonstrating sweeping the bar in and staying over the bar for as long as possible and not thinking about "position 1" which is where you scoop your knees under the bar once it's over the knees which usaw used to teach

who is dis

generic ig whore #1689321

Bump

>like a stone playing in the background
Can't escape the pain

my ankle mobility is getting better but i plateau. I still cant properly high bar squat, anyone got any tips or help?

>new guy wanders into gym
>steps over the bar i was doing deadlys with
>go full meme on him
>dis dyel nigga actually tries to clean 5pl8

Keep squatting as low as you can. Get weightlifting shoes if you don't have them already.

Rostami is aesthetic as fuck and a mensch as well, got no webms of him though. I would say Tao is almost another magnitude stronger than him though, they guy is a brute.

Started oly lifting. Man this shit is hard! I'm decently athletic, average strength.

Definitely gonna need a coach though. I don't think anyone could
Get decent at this without one

Kelly Starrett

>WOOHOO
:)

does anyone know the house music intros this guy uses for his videos but never fucking discloses?
want them in my playlist

retarded cunt

Fucking roasties.This sport is about lifting weights over your head, not sex.
Why do roasties have to spoil EVERYTHING?

she got preggers, man what i'd give to knock her up

The ONLY reason anyone lifts is to HAVE MORE SEX, pinhead

that david desperately needs a haircut. he grew his mop out to emulate that fat dude spencer that used to lift there and it makes him so terrible looking

not in strength sports, my man. It may be a nice side effect, but the purpose of weightlifting is to lift weights (who would have thought)

Yeah, lift weights to HAVE SEX.

It all comes back to SEX.

Almost all oly lifters are really good powerlifters. But not the other way around. Why is this?

>lift weights to HAVE SEX
no, it's lift weights to get a gold medal

well, it does have to do with sex, everything we do has to do with sex. But not directly.