Are keto dieters (FOR HEALTH) the most deluded orthorexics?

Are keto dieters (FOR HEALTH) the most deluded orthorexics?

Listen, I've done keto in the past. It stripped bodyfat from me like a round of chemotherapy - but that's exactly what it felt like. 5 weeks in, still having to regularly dose potassium and sodium or suffer immediate electrolyte imbalance headaches and heart palpitations (while eating organic salmon/avocado/cold press oil), I said "fuck it".

I know this diet works for people bodyfat-wise, but it terrifies me that some people think this is heart-healthy. The comments around the internet (particularly Reddit, apologies) are reaching levels of autism I didn't think possible:

"My aunt offered me an apple and some brown rice and I said: 'NO THANKS IDIOT, I care about my health!' before tucking into my 12 slices of bacon-wrapped butter.
WHEN WILL NORMIES LEARN? ^_^"

Cue 20 years in the future when xXx_ketobunny_xXx is having triple bypass surgery.

youtube.com/watch?v=EG-mWcDbasI

Other urls found in this thread:

cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html
bmcevolbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2148-10-15
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes they are.
Ex fatties who conflate weight loss with health like they are one and the same.

Ya the goal of a diet like keto should be to lose the weight fast and get done asap. It is not healthy long term if you dont have food allergies.

while eating organic salmon/avocado/cold press oil), I said "fuck it"

Instead of eating eggs and bacon and nuts, you went on a total meme diet and then blame the concept of eating high-fat high-protein low-fat.

Like what the living fuck? Eat some eggs and bacon you fucking idiot.

And get some coconut oil jesus fucking christ you're a disaster.

low-carbs*

And the regular salmon eating is probably causing the accumulation of trace amounts of heavy metal.

Jesus fucking christ I hope OP is a troll.

CONT.

Eating animal organs with toxic levels of vitamins and accumulating heavy metals from pollution is not the same as keto you retard.

>>Sees list of 3 example foods
>>Assumes this is only thing I ate

Of course I ate eggs and bacon. My macros were 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs. I supplemented perfectly and slept 8 hours a night.

I did fucking keto.

Keto is for lazy fatasses who wanna shove lard ion themselves and lose weight by not working hard and exercise/lift

literally the most degenerate diet

Salmon poisonous. Got it.
Want to recommend what you think a keto diet should look like?

Oh and before you inevitably respond, I was also eating as many cruciferous vegetables as my carb limit would allow.

I do fine on eggs, bacon, cheese, mixed nuts, and unsweetened yogurt.

And don't forget coconut oil. The stuff is fucking godly. Vegetable oils throw the ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fats into a skewed ratio of something like 20 to 1.

Our ancestors probably had a diet where the ratio is 1:1

I don't really do vegetables or fruits at all. After a year I've maintained "excellent" blood pressure, heart beat, etc. But I also practice intermittent fasting and go to the gym 3-4x a week for pure weightlifting, no cardio.

>Cue 20 years in the future when xXx_ketobunny_xXx is having triple bypass surgery.
>posts a video about 80/10/10
If you're going to criticize an idiot for being an idiot, make sure you're not an idiot too.

And you still had to suplement potassium ?
Bull fucking shit , I reach 160%+ Rda potassium and stay under 40 g net carbs .

keto is for white people

500 pounds fatties manage to maintain "perfect blood pressure" long enough, you know?

Don't be a retard and eat your veggies or supplement them, it's really not a bold statement to claim that they are extremely healthy and that having a deficiency is unhealthy and numerous ways.

Unless you are one of the MUH pharmacy conspiracy guys.

Video doesn't make a single mention of 80/10/10 diet, purely criticizes keto.

Straight keto is crazy, but nothing is wrong with cyclical keto.

12 days of induction.
5 days no carbs/2 days refeed with healthy carbs

You lose fat a bit slower but it's a lot more coherent for your body.

No. There's no fattie who has a good blood pressure. Virtually all of them wander at least into the pre-hypertension category.

>Don't be a retard and eat your veggies or supplement them,

I supplement but I don't feel retarded after a year of this diet. But as said before, I also practice intermittent fasting (1x huge meal a day) .

>heart healthy
That's not how the body works, the "fat makes you fat" and "fat clogs your arteries" is washed up pseudoscience from the 70s. Transfats are bad, and people who already have a fucked up heart (either through age or inherited) should stay away from fats... but young healthy people can eat all the fat they want with zero negative heart impact.

No matter how huge they are , I can never be satiated by a veggie-less meal , I can reach 4000+ Kcals of keto food and still be hungry .

What are you eating? 6 eggs and 6 pieces of bacon gets me "full" far sooner than the point where I'd feel bloated and heavy.

Yes. There literally are.

>I supplement
Then obviously you are fine - the way you wrote your last post sounded like you don't have any vitamin intake at all.

"I feel fine after a year" is not a sound argument at all by the way.

But I can feel full for the day in less than 1000 kcals with something like a kg of spinach & butter .

I can literally eat 24 eggs , 16 slice of bacon & still feel hungry , and I feel like shit afterward . I think I need fiber to function .

24 eggs and 16 slices? You're not a man, you're a beast.

That would make me fucking puke, even on keto.

>"My aunt offered me an apple and some brown rice and I said: 'NO THANKS IDIOT, I care about my health!' before tucking into my 12 slices of bacon-wrapped butter.
>WHEN WILL NORMIES LEARN? ^_^"

This is obviously a tongue in cheek comment.

That said, I prefer a balanced approach where I have 1 day a week doing IF+keto, 3 days doing IF with carbs near workout, and 3 days (post-workout rest days) where I'll start the morning with good carbs, fat and protons but avoid carbs for the rest of the day. Been doing this for a while, getting slow but steady fat loss without losing strength, feel bretty gud.

sauce on the op image

I think it really has something to do with the content , I can keep eating protein & fat only food for thousands of calories & still feel full , but like I said a can of 800g spinach ( around 250 kcals ) + enough butter , cream & spice to reach 1000 kcals will make me full for the day .

& still feel empty *

Lady sovereign (UK rapper) eating butter for some reason. OP here, may your wank bank be ever full.

/r/keto is one of the most retarded subs.
people often forgets that as humans we can't produce ourselves vitamins and other nutrients.
even better when people forgets that they're compensating w fats for not eating carb, when 1g of fats is 9cal and 1g of carb is 4cal.
While this doesn't mean much, foods high in carbs also contains fibers that supposedly keep you full and your colon healthy.
guess what kind of foods doesn't have any of that?

>taking supplements to shit

I laugh at your struggles because you fucking chose that fucking diet!

I get around 50 g of fiber a day on a keto diet , and I get more than 100% rda of all the vitamin .

cry more bitch lmao

Can't you eat high-fiber foods and still be on keto though? Like flax, chia, avocado, broccoli, etc?

He's not wrong in the fact that too many Ketard completely ditch vegetable & don't even eat organ meats .

Yes , 50 g of net carbs from avocado , brocs , spinach & seeds is totally different from 50g of net carbs from pasta & rice , the former will come with a at least its amount of carbs in fiber .

You're not doing keto right then

I get less than 30g net carbs daily & more than 60% of my calories from Fat , i'm not doing keto right ?

excessive proteins get broken down and turn into glucose.

I tried keto myself when I was younger for 2 months, 0 benefits I lost the initial water weight and then nothing, and I was doing an incredible amount of cardio and lifting.

my HR at rest was 36-39, maybe I was doing way too much cardio, I don't know, the fact is, I wasn't losing weight.

Btw, fat fruits like durians and avocados should have a good quantity of fibers and fats, but they're really calorie expensive, it doesn't make any goddam sense to eat them if you're on a cut, it literally eat your total daily budget, same for bacon and any other really high-fat foods. The only way I see keto works is eating chicken breast for protein and the most fibers food you can eat + chia and flax.

Still, keto diets are unhealthy for other reasons. If you don't have food allergies/diabetes/epilepsy there's no point in doing that.

People really forgets that at the end of the day what really matters is calories in vs calories out.

De novo glucogenesis is done on demand and not at disposal , it was proven times & times that there is absolutely no problem with protein consuption .

>I do fine on eggs, bacon, cheese, mixed nuts, and unsweetened yogurt.
>I don't really do vegetables or fruits at all.

Wrong. I was 30kg overweight with a "textbook" blood pressure.

"Was IST deine vorname?!?!"

"Grzegorz Brzenczyszczikiewicz"

MAUL HALTEN!!!

Best movie hahaha!

>"fat makes you fat" and "fat clogs your arteries" is washed up pseudoscience from the 70s

That was debunked by much more serious science, funded by the meat and dairy industries that didn't even involve any actual sciencing but looked at previous science and concluded nope no correlation!
There's a reason no health organization adjusted their dietary guidelines in light of those revolutionary discoveries.

you're an idiot.
If you're doing regular thinking mans keto all you have to do is minimise carbs (bread, potatoes).
You can eat different types of nuts, vegetables and fruits

But why, for what purpose? Carbs are not poison. All you do is indirectly invoke CICO because you're not allowed to eat half of the things you want to eat.
Why not just do a balanced low-cal diet?

?

I'm healthier, stronger, taller, and faster than the vast majority of my peers. When I get "settled" financially, I'll be able to devote some time to preparing dishes incorporating veggies. But for now, I'll deal with what I can.

>People really forgets that at the end of the day what really matters is calories in vs calories out.

Retarded. A better saying would be "energy expenditure in vs energy expenditure out".

>Isn't that the same thing

Different macros = different absorption rates and different metabolic processes.

Not to mention that caloriemetry is an inexact practice to say the least.

There are exceptions. But the general rule is the fatter you are, the more likely your BP hits pre-hypertension and regular hypertension.

It's as easy to overeat on a high carb diet as it is to undereat on a high-protein high-fat diet.

Not to mention that american bread and wheat flour has excess levels of fortified iron that only helps pregnant women and harms the rest of the population.

So what you're saying is the sentence "there's no fattie with good blood pressure" is false?

>energy expenditure in vs. energy expenditure out

If you are going to be pedantic don't be so stupid about it.

There's exceptions to every rule. But increasing body weight, and performing regular activity at that surplus weight, without the heart having to compensate by pumping harder doesn't make sense.

Calorie measurement is an inexact science. Even then, 1000 Kcal of sugar is far different from 1000 Kcal of eggs in terms of effects on the body.

I dare you to overeat on an apple diet.

Of course. Because eating a single species of food as your whole diet wouldn't induce flavor amnesia at all.

Fucking retard.

CONT.

Not to mention that high-carb diets in America are dominated by absolute shit. And vastly skewed Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratios.

If you're going high-carb, you have to pay close fucking attention to that ratio. But most people wouldn't maintain that so might as well eat high-protein high-fat.

CONT.

And I'm only arguing because keto has worked miracles for me in terms of body composition, energy, clarity of though, and overall enjoyment. Along with intermittent fasting.

Shitting 1x a day without nausea, or that uncomfortable feeling you get when you need to unload "a lot", is peace inducing.

The healthiest populations on earth don't even know what omega ratio is, they eat 90% carb, most of it as rice and live to 100.
If you don't know shit about nutrition it's easy to eat unhealthy on any type of diet, as evidenced by the guy who eats 6 eggs with bacon and thinks he's doing good (that's you isn't it).

>The healthiest populations on earth don't even know what omega ratio is, they eat 90% carb, most of it as rice and live to 100.

Yeah but we live in western societies where the vast majority of prepared food contains some sort of shitty vegetable oil. Not to mention that SEAs have positive adaptations to rice consumption in much the same way as Europeans have positive adaptations to milk consumption.

> guy who eats 6 eggs with bacon and thinks he's doing good

Tell me why it's bad when it consists of my only meal for the day and when I practice intermittent fasting alongside it?

cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html

For one.

What an exhaustive study that doesn't look at the macro composition of the diets of the meat eaters.

As opposed to the massive surge in diabetes over the past few decades.

I'll stick with my keto thank you. Not to mention that they don't promote IF anywhere despite it activating various autophagic processes which gets rid of bad shit. Unless you interrupt it by having multiple meals throughout the day.

CONT.

Or I should say, I'm more afraid of diabetes (which opens the body to a far higher risk of cancer) than of colon cancer. If it's even correlated when one looks at the macro ratios.

Diabetes comes from habitual overeating, not carbs.
Nobody ever got diabetes from fruit.

>>Fruit sugar

Sooo, not keto? I'm fairly certain fruit is like a Cancer-Aids injection for real ketoers.

I'm not really able to do full on keto since it requires a lot of planning..

I'm more like on a low carb meal plan and throughout the week I find my general well being is so much better than when I do stock up on rice/buckwheat or some kind of starchy grains...

Eat low carb/moderate fat and higher protein and it works for me... Problem is when you do fuck up and eat a lot of carbs in a 1-2 day period you put on water weight and it can take an additional week for me to drop weight again

>Over eat on carbs/sugar one day
>Few days after that have bad cravings for sugar..

Fruits are a bit different in that they have fiber which dampens the insulin response. Fruit juice is utter shit though.*

Plus remember, it's as easy to overeat on high-carb diets as it is to undereat on high-fat high-protein diets.

* - except for marinades and chasers

Fruits aren't that bad when eaten as fruits and they do contain unique beneficial compounds not found in other food. As I said, when I'm settled I'll practice adding more fruits and vegetable to my cuisine.

Fruit Juice is mega AIDS for keto though.

Ever notice that starches taste extremely bland after a week of keto?

losing weight with keto, yes agree. A healthy diet in the longrun? Definitely not. I don't see the point of cutting down on fruits, they are not only delicious but healthy as fuck. I don't get this meme where people think fruits cause a huge insulin spike and you can get some diabetes from it or even just gain weight. Fucking retarted. To many studies read for this meme and still yet to find one that make sence.

Look I get it. People wanna look good on here. But a healthy not biased mind will see through this. Oats, Rice, Potatoes, lentils, beans they are all fucking great for you there is not a single doubt in it. I don't know about a vegan keto, its probably possible if you eat avocados and macadamia nuts all the time but yeah. Can't find a single reliable study that has not a really pool design.

>Plus remember, it's as easy to overeat on high-carb diets as it is to undereat on high-fat high-protein diets.

wtf? are you serious or is this a joke?

No, it's a fact of nutrition. It has to do with how satiety is signaled in the body.

You can partially duplicate this by eating high-fiber carbs so that you feel full quicker.

CONT.

Triglycerides occupy spaces where Leptin would normally fit and send a cascade signal that tells the body it's satisfied.

High carb diets (usually) raise triglyceride levels via lipogenesis. Note I'm talking about American high-carb, not the high-carb where you eat tubers and beans and nuts.

CONT.

If I had to conjecture, I'd gamble that part of the reason fat people can lose weight real quick the first few weeks is because...

1. They have a lot more leptin than normal people
2. This leptin is fucking useless because they eat carby shit that blocks the leptin from acting
3. Fatty goes on a diet that has non-American carbs
4. Elevated leptin levels finally activate
5. Drastically reduced portion sizes for the few weeks
6. Leptin normalizes as fat decreases, so more food is needed to reach satiety.

The last point is where things can fuck up if you don't increase your energy expenditure aka actual exercise.

>"My aunt offered me an apple and some brown rice and I said: 'NO THANKS IDIOT, I care about my health!' before tucking into my 12 slices of bacon-wrapped butter.
WHEN WILL NORMIES LEARN? ^_^"

lmao

Eskimos don't eat veggies tho
also too much for protein to be considered keto

rs 100

Who up??

This makes me want to start ketzo tomorrow

>SEAs have positive adaptations to rice consumption in much the same way as Europeans have positive adaptations to milk consumption.

What are these adaptations?

>You can partially duplicate this by eating high-fiber carbs so that you feel full quicker.

They aren't separate things. The phrase "carbs" shouldn't by default be taken to mean processed foods stripped of fiber.

I think I'm doing a pre-keto diet that seems to be working

~40-60 carbs
Supplement potassium with eating a whole tomato raw every day
Supplement sodium with roasted seaweed snacks, cheese and pickles
Eat mostly lowfat ham, apple sausage, kale, onions, smattering of strawberries and above
Take a multivitamin

2 weeks in, down 3ish lbs and feeling p good

Only trouble is actually hitting my Survive calorie point, most of that shit has very few calories

bmcevolbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2148-10-15

It's America man. Most carbs consumed are de facto crap with the lowest quality vegetable oils mixed in. That's what they mentally recall when carbs comes up.

Not to mention pervasive "doping" of everything with sugar.

that's waterweight
eat less protein, more fat

>bmcevolbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2148-10-15

This seems to be about alcohol metabolism, not rice consumption.

examples?

not avocado hate that shit

eggs
as for alvocado, it tastes better if you sqeeze lemon juice

I did, it still tasted like ass

tried a couple different "perfect" guac recipes, hated them all

cheaper if I just eat eggs desu

This reads like a normie wrote it. Like, you don't even definitively know what fiber is, you literally prefaced it with "supposedly".

Some people latch onto keto simply because it's a culture where they don't feel shamed for eating pretty much exclusively unhealthy food. In fact that they think it's healthy and take pride in their diets being 90% butter and bacon.

>heart palpitations

lack of calcium, not potassium/sodium

this is why keto isn't for people without a health fitness related degree desu

Eskimos aren't particularly healthy neither.

>carbs consumed are de facto crap with the lowest quality vegetable oils mixed

So now hydrogenated vegetable oils are also "carbs". To what lengths will ketards go to justify their lunacy?
These are carbs. They are good for you. Fried eggs and bacon are not.

So I'm 12 kg overweight, started traing two weeks ago and was thnking about doing a keto. For how long shoud I diet like this before slowly reintoducing carbs in the diet?

you're never gonna make it

>So now hydrogenated vegetable oils are also "carbs".

great reading comprehension friend

This is solid advice, thank you.

Look up slow carb, my man.

For me, doing keto with 20/4 or less IF (aka one big meal a day) is the best way to lose weight. Keto's only drawback is that you have to plan your meals so much, by only needing to plan for one it's much easier.

keto diet makes me not depressed. eating sugar/carbs sends me on a massive depressed cycle where i cant move. only a keto diet makes me able to not be severely depressed the whole day

the worst part it? [spoiler]im vegan on top of that. literally vegan keto[/spoiler]

[spoiler]please kill me[/spoiler]