Whats the point of hiring a personal trainer for an extended period of time, like half a year or something...

Whats the point of hiring a personal trainer for an extended period of time, like half a year or something? Wouldn't you more or less figure out everything out after a month or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/health/2016/02/17/for-fitness-motivation-losing-money-beats-earning-more.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WpdIVwzKO0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well they definitely inform their clients of anything. They just probably tell them to do something because "it will help with this."
If they actually told them how to make up a program/routine, they would lose their clients and money

Personal trainers will always have shit to tell you, they need you to keep coming back otherwise they don't make any money.

I guess it can help if you want/need to regularly change your program up for some reason, and maybe if you need help with nutrition and diet planning. Some people spend a lot of time with PT's and coaches for motivation or if they're training for something in particular like competitive sport.

Nobody here who actually lifts uses a personal trainer

Personal trainers are a scam for middle age fat women or DYELs too scared to figure it out themselves.

I don't think I've ever even seen a personal trainer at my gym have one of their clients do any kind of barbell movement. Usually they have them do a bunch of things on TRX straps and then a couple machines. But I guess the people that hire personal trainers are okay with that because they probably don't want to do any kind of research for themselves.

Why would you ever hire a personal trainer? 99% of them don't know what they're talking about. I cringe when I see new people in the gym being taught bad form by DYEL PTs.

some PTs in my gym sit next to their clients and count their reps out loud, that's their "usefulness".

Only time I've ever seen a PT "teach" their client how to do a barbell movement was deadlift, and the fucking idiot PT had him put the bar so far in front of him that this guy could barely pick up 95lbs without his back rounding.

I hired a PT for 3 months, cost me $1200, which is actually pretty cheap for 1 on 1 training. I personally thought it was a good investment. Quickly realized I had no real intensity in my workouts before that. I also finally built a strong habit of going to the gym.

The guy was pretty dumb to be honest, in anything that wasn't fitness related, fit like every gym rat cliche you can think of. But guy is jacked and likes to help out, I still text him about my diet and shit a year later and he's always happy to answer

Im in Hong Kong, and I get a personal trainer session every 6-8 weeks to help me make a new program.

Its the complete opposite of what Veeky Forums describes. He is knowledgeable, capable, loads of free weights, reminds me to eat and sleep more, etc. and seems genuinely happy when I put on muscle

Is Veeky Forums overreacting again, or did I just get lucky?

>$1200

If you wanted more intensity, why didn't you just work harder?

How about online coaching ?

you suck his dick as well

Personal Trainers only exist so bored housewives and slutty fitgirls can get hollowed out By alphas on demand

Just gonna leave this functional fitness here

> DYEL who's too scared to figure things out on their own.
> Possibility of losing money when missing a workout is a good motivator.
> See foxnews.com/health/2016/02/17/for-fitness-motivation-losing-money-beats-earning-more.html
> People who have no intention of getting in shape, but just like to hang out with their personal trainer.
> Of all people, Rich put out a video on this youtube.com/watch?v=WpdIVwzKO0Y

I largely think the same, though I did have 2-3 training sessions just to get my form right first, and teach how to do things like squats properly.

He said 'bro' way too much.

People probably use it as motivation to keep exercising otherwise that money down the drain.
They're also too lazy to make their own programs

I got a PT that I go to for 100 a month.

I have been with him for like two years on and off and then a full year straight. I did it at first because I knew nothing about lifting and wanted to be sure I learned what the hell I was doing so I dont go to a gym, fuck up, get tired and give up all together.

I still go now because, well frankly he is a cool guy and it's dirt cheap. He keeps me motivated and answers any questions I may have for him.

Also it's a nice little social snack since I go with other people (up to two) and I get to watch them slowly improve at the same time I do. It's good times.

100/10 crip walk

>have exercise science degree
>not fit, have almost never been really fit, but could get fit looking if i really tried
>hate people, but like being the boss of people, feeling superior and telling people what to do
>feel like nobody would actually take me as a trainer because i don't roid and have unfixable natural gyno

hmm

PT here. I never tell my clients anything beyond "this exercise works this area, so if you want that toned/big do this".
Honestly, after about 6 sessions with me, you've learned it all. The people who keep coming back need that personal motivation, a spotter, or simply have the money to spend on someone else to think for them for their workout. I have a client that's a investor guy, I've had him on SS+accessories for 2 years now. I haven't added a new exercise for him in all that time, same AxBxAxB ect. program since day one. He still comes, every other day, some times every day. If he just kept track of what I told him to do and on what days, he wouldn't have needed me after the 4th session.
Some people don't deserve the money they have.

To keep lazy fucks motivated

>Some people don't deserve the money they have.
you have to understand the mentality that people with money have
>friend does freelance computer work
>does a bunch of work for a doctor's office one day
>doctor asks him how much the bill is
>"$300"
>"oh, come on, son."
>"uhhh...$600?"
>"that's more like it"

guy WANTED TO BE CHARGED MORE because he wanted to see a young man have the same killer instinct he probably had in youth.

i learned something very special from this story...if people like you they will contribute for you to succeed. That is unironically the entire idea behind the word "meme"...we can see things in other people that are like expressions of the same genes we value, so we help them

I walk like that 48 hours after leg day.

Yea I don't think it's that, more of he's just lazy and doesn't care to learn. He pays me 150 an hour, he probably makes 1500 and hour at his job. 90% of what he says is bragging about how much he makes off of deals, what he buys, and the trips he takes. Last session he spent 40 minutes telling me about how he cold called 10 doctors all over the nation and got them all to invest a collective 4.5 million dollars in some new medical equipment company out of Idaho.

that's actually hype as fuck if it's true

damn, $150/hr to stand aroudn in the gym...and i already have an exercise science degree

i'm a weird person, i've been 260lb and 160lb 16% BF, i have the type of natural arm/leg size that many guys here would kill themselves for, but im out of shape as fuck and havent lifted seriously in years

maybe i should get in shape and do that shit but it always seems like something for another person to do...on the other hand i actually have the education that no trainers ever do

>dirt cheap
>100 a month

Nigga that's two times the amount I pay for car insurance

>implying most people know enough about fitness to direct their own growth properly

the client should know how to perform the routine you designed for them after a few sessions, sure. but as they make progress, you change their program to continue challenging them. progressive overload m8. that's why is a a shitty jew-tier trainer. His clients don't need him after the 6th session because he doesn't do the rest of his job. If his investor client hasn't grown out of SS after 2 years, then user is a shit trainer. If his client has outgrown SS, then user is being a lazy jew by not adjusting the clients routine to stimulate growth through challenge.

You make 150 an hour as a personal trainer? Wtf

The only personal trainers that are worth it aren't called personal trainers, they're called coaches

Considering the cost of most PTs that put you through basic routines, yeah thats fucking dirt cheap.

We dont do the same routine every week, it changes every session and is catered to what I want to get out of it. the results have been great so far too.

>well frankly he is a cool guy
>Also it's a nice little social snack since I go with other people (up to two) and I get to watch them slowly improve at the same time I do.
>It's good times.

There's a fine line between being a raging autiste and filthy fucking normie.

not sure why that picture is such a meme here, it's a legit part of boxer weightlifting routines to build up shoulder stamina and i'm assuming explosiveness. that guy is actually training for a purpose you can assume