Would you guys rather own a restaurant or a gym?

Would you guys rather own a restaurant or a gym?

what do you mean? all gyms in my area have a restaurant and conversly, all restaurants have gyms

OP is NOT gonna make it

Gym, at least I know that when people don't come back it's always their fault, rather than the food/service as is the case in a restaurant.

gym by far. even if lifting wasn't a hobby.

gym with a milk restaurant in it

Too many idiots come to gyms and do meme workouts

Too many fatties come to restaurants and binge eat food

I used to work at a restaurant and the owner hated it because it was so much work. With a gym once you have the equipment set up you are done.

don't know about gyms, but restaurants are notoriously precarious investments

To make money? Probably a restaurant, but I'd have to hire somebody to run it because I have no idea or interest in restaurant shit.

But if it was just for myself I'd want to own a gym, set it up like lumberjack's shack, have an outdoor area, and have a live band playing medieval folk music.

>when people don't come back it's always their fault

maybe the gym is dirty, the trainers are useless, the ventilation is terrible, the equipment is shit, there's a cheaper gym around the block.
you'd be a terrible businessman.

>mfw grounds keeper Willie doesn't look big to me anymore

I've seen too many episodes of Kitchen Nightmares to want to own a restaurant as my retarded self

I think i'd be better at a gym owner.

Both have a sky high risk of going bankrupt, I'd probably choose the gym since it's less stressful and requires less staff to run

negative desire to own a restaurant
great desire to own a gym

Dude I'd rip some weight with some ballsy voiced mother fuckers singing sea shanties to get me hype

Would pay membership fee/10

gym because no need to order food
But fresh plate deliver will be a hassle

slave away in a kitchen with a bunch of fat guys that smoke 2 packs a day for 12 hours, or pick up weights and mop the floor and talk to the hot receptionist girl you've hired.

Hmmmmm

A gym, it's pretty much a 1 time investment and your monthly costs are fixed rather than variable.

t. Finance major

Gym is way easier and has a bigger chance of financial success

Interested in getting my mba and becoming a finance manager myself how do you like it?

owning a gym is a million times easier than owning a restaurant

Restaurant

If that would include a pretentious coffee shop.

Restaurants, aside from fine dining, are very little profit and very high stress. Many restaurants don't even manage to turn a profit and are either forced to close or kept afloat only because they are corporate.
Also 75% of individually owned restaurants are owned by people that know nothing about them and just think it's a cool thing they would have liked to do

groundskeeper willie is a very decent size user

Gym is much easier to run and maintain, restaurant requires much more effort

Gym.

gyms are also really poor investments

At least with a gym you can use it for free every day

even if you just break even you're saving a bit of money

>all restaurants have gyms
Explain

Well, if in both cases the owner is also the manager, then there is still a lot of work to be done in the gym, like making the work schedules, hiring/firing etc.. and if you are still in the "small" stages of running your gym you are probably still working front desk part of the time and signing people up for memberships and all that.

Both businesses take time and effort before you can delegate the work to other people.

Even in the case of the restaurant, at some point, when you set up your business well and find a competent manager you end up not really doing jack shit.

That's why planet fitness is so bad, right?

The business model is simple. Sucker in people during new years and make them not want to come back while letting regulars do their thing.

>Running a business just well enough so the only benefit is not paying for those services

Fucking hell

he's trying to meme

poorly

Gym seems like ez money. Imagine locking some cuck into eating $30 worth of food every month from your restaurant and then they dont even show up to eat their food

he is also at least middle aged since he is bald

>You're monthly costs are fixed rather than variable
But that's wrong and you won't have a decent estimate of your projected variable costs until several years of operation.
>Inb4 But I can use demographic data to make a reasonable estimate of variable costs so it won't be a problem
No you can't because if you find a gym in a demographically similar area that has been successful they will have certainly built one where you want to put your gym. So of course you have to open your gym somewhere that competitors have decided is too high risk. Then you would have to create a new business model for your gym that will make your gym successful where others have failed. That takes an innovator not some 105-120 IQ money manager and that's what you're training to be.

restaurant for sure.
pic related

Planet Fitness is a pizza and donut chain