Hey, Veeky Forums. I'm a 23 yo female and I want to start lifting

Hey, Veeky Forums. I'm a 23 yo female and I want to start lifting.
My objective is: I want to be physically stronger. I want to lift heavy shit that I can't at the moment.
Is it possible for a woman? I mean, I know I'll never be as strong as a male who lifts, but I'd like to be, like, stronger than my girlfriends.
I'm 50 kg and 1,60m. Just the regular exercises from the sticky will give me that? What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/gender-differences-in-training-and-diet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My thoughts are that women are cringe.

Only a woman would think it's a good idea to post Simpsons reaction meme on here. You like every other woman on this planet have zero sense of originality or uniqueness.

Anyway your 50kg and 160cm so your probably really fuckable so I'll let your boring uninteresting personality slide for now until I get bored of pounding your cock socket.

Cool, now would you answer my question?

tits or gtfo

May I ask why you want to be physically stronger?

I mean you're a girl; your physical appearance is your most valuable feature in this world, your strenght is irrelevant.
If it's for self-defence purposes, pick up a martial art

>is it possible for women?
What, to get stronger? Is this bait?
In any case, do SS and drink milk.

Read the sticky, check the thread with the ugly weightlifting chick on the catalog.

Women can get stronger than the average lazy man, and look good with a bit of muscle on them with proper training.

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: strongerbyscience.com/gender-differences-in-training-and-diet/

Yes you can get much stronger, so long as you do a proper novice strength routine endnote follow it properly.

But no amount of strength is going to stop your snot from exploding out of your nostrils when I face fuck your throat.

Yeah of course they will. You'll get stronger by doing lifts no matter what you are. Do SS and eat a lot and you'll get strong.

Wow, what a stupid post
Obviously picking up heavy things on a regular basis will make you stronger than most of the female population, why do you feel the need to bring up mens strength?

I want it for work related purposes.

Do SS

Because "oh you'll never be as strong as a man lol" as if I didn't knew that already
And when you don't know stuff, you ask. Right?

I just imagined that
That doesn't even make any sense
But it was funny, 7.5/10

Ok well just follow the sticky
Concentrate on squats, lunges, deadlifts, pull-ups/chin-ups and benchpress (I suggest dumbell over barbell)

No need to isolation exercises if all you care about is strenght

Do SS, eat at maintaince calories no need for cut/bulk cycles, and eat 1g protein per pound of bodyweight, take supplements if you need to like whey protein. Dont pay attention to the bitter fags.

Pretty much this, but still read the sticky to get a better idea of what your doing

Read the fucking sticky, you dumb cunt

Thanks for the advice. Checked out on SS and I'll do it. Also going to eat loads of meat.
You're all so warm and welcoming :^)

Post pic of pussy and ass so I have something Original to fap to

To be fair you asked some common sense questions, don't be too offended people called you out on it and called you stupid

>You like every other woman on this planet have zero sense of originality or uniqueness

lmfao savage, it's true tho women are just meant to look good so men had to play power games to get the hottest woman so that's why there's so much variation in the male hierarchy while women just had to sit around and be attractive

but that being said of course there are unique girls out there since nature always produces it's weird little experiments

WHY IS FP ALWAYS BP

lol no, women are s t u p i d l y weak. Like, newborn infant weak. We're talking noodle arms that are essentially worthless for anything beyond putting on make up.

Exactly which is why I want op to post her pussy, it's only fair. We gave her our knowledge and now she should leave us with a pic of her 23 year old pussy.

I don't think that's asking for too much, I mean what else is she good for if not that?

This place is not 50/50 give and take, so far she's only taken.

know your place, cunt

Wow you're so edgy and cool how is middle school treating you

t. Butthurt roastie

There's a sport called strongwoman

Basically building muscle in the deltoids, back and legs and grip strength in the off season and training competition movements when it comes close to the competition

hahahahah, ideally we'd demand pussy before any info but then we got beta fucks barely clinging onto the bottom of the food chain like that take any miserable opportunity to try and get on the good side of a female

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Gupta.

Like omg guyzz I'm a strong independent woman who wants to pick up "heavy shit" to look super strong in front of my girlfriends. I'm gunna go on instagram and post myself doing deadlifts with shitty form and my ass sticking out and caption it with something about how much I can lift. Woman power amirite dudes?

lol I didn't realize it at first but this is exactly what this post is. It's pathetic when women try to be "one of the guys" just so they can get extra attention.

Deadlifts
Squats
Bench press
Lift heavy but not too heavy where you're putting yourself in danger. Give your self 6 months to evaluate how strong you are.

SS mixed with hypertrophy and add a cardio day.
Example:

Squats 3x5 @35lbs (use a womens bar since you have a vagina and youre probably undertrained everywhere)
------Your choice of meme accessory exercise 4x8+ (leg extensions on machine, donkey kick on machine, stiff leg deadlift).
----------If using machine do full range of motion no half shit. Track progress on machines and increase when you can do 4x12 on all sets

Bench 3x5 @35lbs (most girls have shit upper body strength and probably cant bench for dick. Learn to bench).
----------Chest press 4x8+
-------------or db tricep extension 4x8 (light weight)

Pendlay row 3x5 @55lbs (If you cant do these do bent over row, pendlays have a huge learning curve look up videos)
-----------Lat row 4x8+ or your choice of meme accessory exercise for back. (keep track of weight and increase when you can...dumb bitch)
-------------Your entire goal of back development is to get to 8 strict pull ups. If a girl can do 8 pulls up shes probably stronger than most girls.

tl;dr take the SS program and add hypertrophy volume sets after your main barbell movements.

>No it isnt a lot a volume
>No its not going to take forever
>Most girls that I had run this program took at most 1:25 and they were sweating do the 5reps
>If you want an ass as another meme accessory after squats but you are going to squat 3x a week be patient you cunt.
>Your a girl so youll get bored doing the same old 3 over and over so the "your choice" is to keep it engaged

Quit being a bitch and lift.
Also for cardio the entire exercise day should be less than an hour. Jog miles, work on pull ups and chin ups and do every variation of pull up crunches.
Also squat ass to grass high bar dont look like those girl that think they can squat but they look like they have lumber Lordosis with weight on their spine

Thank me
/thread

For got to add this Women do not need to bulk just eat maintance or if you want to "omg guys im bulking too" jut eat an extra meal

>tfw thinking about you hurting

This is sad. I feel like a lot of people attracted to lifting had either weak/absentee or overbearing mother figures, not sure which is more damaging.

>inb4 "no I just hate DUMB FUCKING CUNTS coming into my man space saying DUMB CUNT shit. ugh
>inb4 "t. cuck"

Lol gay

Underage b&

OP, are you me? Same age and height, except I'm a fat fuck.

Anyway, I started building strength this year and I've been making some steady progress. Though I'm still horribly weak, (lmao 40kg bench press) it's been nice to see some improvement (struggled with only the bar in the beginning).

Read the sticky and don't give up, you can definitely become stronger.

you're not wrong

Read the sticky. Do a beginner's program like SS is the long and short of it, you're not different enough from a weak guy to warrant a whole new method of getting stronger.

>My objective is: I want to be physically stronger. I want to lift heavy shit that I can't at the moment.
>Is it possible for a woman?

Nope. Women are physiologically incapable of getting stronger through the stress-recover-supercompensation cycle that men use to get stronger.

But, if you think I'm wrong, do SS. And actually read The Book first, so that your squat might not be utter dogshit on the first go.

PS: the 3x5 setxrep scheme in SS can be better adjusted to 4x3 for women. It'll allow you to lift a higher percentage of your "max," which is handy, because your average female's max is going to recruit a lower percentage of total muscle fibers than an equivalent male, because female motor unit recruitment tends to suck ass.

But this also means that a higher percentage of your max won't tire you out as much as it would a male.

Everyone needs to stop recommending that SS meme and the shitty programs in the sticky

>hey guys I don't even lift can you all stop recommending lifting to people? Thanks

you are wrong

Why is this board the second most misogynistic after /r9k/?

Because at some point, all of /r9k/ migrated here with the hopes of actually making something of themselves, failed SPECTACULARLY at that, but never actually left afterwards.

So what we have now is a vaguely gym themed /r9k/ with half naked dudes posted everywhere. It has become a wretched place since the glory days of TinyTrip, Squats, and Oats.

What a fucking train wreck of a thread
>someone interested in fitness asks for advice
>autistic critical-mass shitshow blossoms to life as anons compete to out-retard each other
Do you even understand the point of "we're all gonna make it, bruh"? Do you not see we're all working towards a common goal?

>I want to lift heavy shit that I can't at the moment. Is it possible for a woman?
Not sure if b8 but you probably have seen women lifting before so it should come as no surprise that they can it's just that majority don’t for whatever reason.
My thoughts are that before even thinking about lifting you should do at least 1/2 year of bodyweight core exercises. You should be able to do a plank for at least 2x90sec as an indicator that your back and core are strong enough to attempt lifting the bare minimum.
Lifting has made my autistic scoliosis back super strong, dead lifts are one of the most amazing compound exercises out there. I would love to see more girls lifting instead of wearing themselves out on the sad sad cardio machines.
Also, get a trainer to teach you proper form before you take on any programms. Not only will that make you not look like a fool, it will minimize the risk of hurting yourself. After that just zone out, ignore all the daddy issue projecting fags and work hard.

>FIGJAM
hahahahaa omg xd xd xd so funny

The sticky answers her question
She's just asking for attention

insecurities from people whom lifted for girls

Scroll through thread

Read nothing

No tits
No ass
No pussy

Wow... I hope everyone was mean to this stupid bitch

As opposed to what friendo? What beginner program would you recommend for someone who wants to be stronger?

Then user can just say "read the sticky, gtfo" or ignore the thread

I'm looking at shit like
Where I can't tell if I'm on Veeky Forums or a minecraft chat room for special needs children

Squat
Bench
Deadlift

Squat
Press
Row

All 5x5 except DL at 1x5

So much better for gains

Isn't that just SL 5x5?

which is in the sticky???

Cry more

>40kg bench press
p...please tell me that's your 1rm? guy here, currently doing 40kg for working sets...

How dare you even suggest that! Look closely!

desu this OP.

I have a friend who is almost your height. She benches around 1,5 plates (80kg) and deadlifts 3 plates (140kg) , I do not know about her squat. She isn't fat either, all in all very athletic. So it is definately possible for a girl to become strong.

>taking advice from a man who has never benched above 120kg on strength training
>doing barbell rows instead of weighted chinups
If you want something different than SS just do either GSLP or Reg Park's 5x5

You want to know how I know you didnt read the sticky?

Yes it is possible. And very likely if you follow the sticky. And almost certain because most women are fucking weak even for women, so getting stronger than the average woman is not hard.

Well Veeky Forumss biggest strength lies in bullying each other for every little imperfection over and over again to break the false image we have of our selfes and to make us improve ourself over and over again

If you don't like it, leave

Read dem stickies first
>I want to be physically stronger. I want to lift heavy shit that I can't at the moment.. Is it possible for a woman?
You def can. but that's only if you lift for yourself and not caring about what others say, then you can lift heavy af weights.. My advice to you is to eat more than what you normally ate, find a powerlifting routine that is designed to lift heavy shit, do your cardio and have tons of fun.

Don't take roids. If you jus wanna casually lift then the side effect that comes with it isn't worth it.

Wgat are your side effects atm?
Still worth it?

Worth it. I wouldn't change a thing. Google female sides from gear if you wanna know what I'm dealing with

>until I get bored of pounding your cock socket
I'm fucking dying here

oh cool another moronic therapist analyzing the mental capacity of other moronic anons

read the sticky and fuck off you vapid cunt

>oh cool another moronic therapist
So mom makes you go therapy huh.

I don't actually know what my max is, I just add 5kg after consistently finishing 3x10 on separate days with the current weight. I'm sure there's a more efficient way to do this, but it works for me.

Are you seriously asking if its possible for a woman to get stronger? How stupid are you. After like two months of training I could beat most of my weaker male friends at arm wrestling. Its not even that hard to get stronger. You'll never be stronger than a male with the same amount of training as you, but same could be said for a man vs a man taking steroids. It might be harder, but do you seriously think its physically impossible for you to get stronger? How dumb do you have to be?

Just eat more and better food and start lifting. Focus on the main lifts like bench press, deadlift, squats and overhead press. Don't be a coalburner. Help the effort to retake Constantinople. Find a workout schedule that works for you, if you're unsure about form then just look it up online, all the information is readily available to you.

It might seem scary at first but remember, no one gives a shit about you in the gym, they're there for themselves and the only time they will interract with you is probably when they're offering some advice. Just get started without thinking about it too much, it's pretty damn easy.

BRISBANE

> this fucking autistic af thread

never change Veeky Forums

This is why guys think girls are fucking retarded

all these newfags butthurt about a golden post

keep on keeping on

>women asking retarded shit for attention
>people call her out
>"lol look at these pathetic virgins lmao"

NEW FARM

>asking retardedly obvious questions
>"can a woman get stronger if she lifts weights????"
gee, I wonder. It's not like google exists or anything where you can google "workout programs for women to add muscle mass" and get hundreds of results instantly.

>Hey, Veeky Forums. I'm a 23 yo female and I want to kill myself. If I kill myself, would I die?

Read the sticky, do starting strength

If OP were a guy, this thread would have 2 replies at most, all of them pointing him to the sticky.

And that's how most beginners should be addresses. If you do not care enough about yourself to do basic research on your own, then you're not going to make it.

>this cancerous thread
Veeky Forums you never stop disappointing. Show her the way to the sticky and that's it.

Don't even pretend you've touched a woman before you pathetic fedora virgin

That image in itself is a diffusion of responsibility though. "Oh I always fuck up like this lol."

Read the sticky roastie

Posting for screencap

post socket or gtfo

my fucking sides, is this the birth of a new maymay"

wtf is a women's bar