People who have been casually going to the gym 2-3 times a week for YEARS and have nothing to show for it

>people who have been casually going to the gym 2-3 times a week for YEARS and have nothing to show for it
Am i the only one infuriated by this? What the fuck have they been doing in the gym for so long? Why do they look like shit? Why won't they get it together? How the fuck have they been wasting so much time just to look like that when they could have looks juicy af by now? I know so many people like this REEEEEE

I HAVE A GLANDULAR PROBLEM OK

FUCK

They're not putting the work in to get bigger. You can't just go to the gym and half-ass it. It's like playing pinball everyday without learning the game rules or picking up techniques from better players. You won't get better unless you actively try to get better.

But WHY
WHY can't they see they're doing nothing but wasting time

You're wrong, OP.
Most people that go to the gym are not doing it to change their look. Rather, they're doing it to keep their look from changing.
The gym is the only reason they're not getting worse. It's their excercise.

Damn never thought about but you're right

Maybe it's relaxing for them

Ok, so there is this guy in my gym
He says lifts for 3 years
He does 40kg OHP (looks more like push press) with powerlifting belt, memes aside
He's got absolutely no idea what he is doing, yet you will know everything about pre-workouts because he is like a fucking fly, sticks to you and keeps disturbing
I do even bully him with other guys (we all 17-21, while I'm the oldest one) like imitating professional cast while he tries to squat with 40kgs on his back or like asking him stupid questions about his PR.
This particular one is great because although his instagram profile bio goes "Powerlifter Bench press 100 / DeadLift 140 / Squat 110"
He could barely lift ONCE 100kg on sumo deadlift (2 plates cuz I told him he is considered a powerlifter in the gym so he can not disappoint his fanbase)
So he tries to lift it so hard, with powerlifting belt and shit, goes for a cat back obviously so I stand in front of him, making him look like he blows me
Worth mentioning he was not able to do 1 dip, no additional weight (besides his stupidity)
www.instagram.com/kacperkamenc
(you guys need to follow him, because he made his IG private after making fun of it as well) I post a pic of it anyway

My friend has that attitude, he was once fat, so for a year he went to the gym hard, and lost a bunch of weight. Nowadays he goes to the gym once or twice a week. He says he doesnt care about improving he just doesnt want to become fat again.

Its a pathetic mindset, what person strives to be the same person for years. I dont get it

they could just have shit diets. even 2-3 times a week of leasurely lifting and a good diet will get decent results over a year. At the very least toned otter mode

Maybe some people don't have massive body dysmorphia and are happy staying healthy.

The fuck are you talking about? You completely missed the point. This is about having a general attitude as human being to strive for improvement

This only shows your inability to see working out as anything else than vanity. Its also about training discipline, setting goals and finishing them, learning to push through discomfort, striving to improve.

So far I have yet to meet a single jacked guy who is a failure in life. The things you learn in the gym on the road to becoming jacked are things that you can apply in all aspects of life.

>This is about having a general attitude as human being to strive for improvement

And yet you are here posting on Veeky Forums.

I'm sorry user, but you're autistic.

are you okay with dying alone, because you sound like the sort of person that dies alone

The only reason to get big is vanity you dumb shit. Most people don't lift just to get stronger. They do it to stay in shape.

>getting mad that other people aren't lifting to your standards

How autistic can you get?

>www.instagram.com/kacperkamenc
>Powerlifter Bench press 100 / DeadLift 140 / Squat 110
>what makes me furious is the BDS.
>I look down on you if you don't talk about the three lifts in the order of which they are done in competition

I want retarded millennials to leave

If they're fat it's because the intensity isn't enough or their diet is completely fucked.

If they're DYEL, 99% of the time it's a combination of refusing to eat enough + not adding weight to the bar

Law of accommodation.

t.triggered neckbeard

That's the most retarded thing I have read all month. Congrats faggot.

People have different goals when they excercise bub.

>little cousin grew up, currently in high school
>has an insane frame, wide shoulders, V taper without lifting a day in his life
>started lifting less than a year ago
>lifts are lower than mine of course BUT
>looks more buffed than me, his arms are 2x mine

It's a strange feeling of being extremely proud as fuck and angry/envious at genetics at the same time. Why the fuck did I have to be cursed with long ass octopus arms that can't put on mass no matter what I do. At least my unnatural wingspan helps me while playing basketball I guess..

Yeah but you see, thats because you people are virgins who think lifting will help you get girls, so the only reason you see is vanity. I never had a problem getting girls before I started lifting, so what would be the point in going to the gym then? Apparently none if it was up to you lowlifes.

But good luck trying to make it with that shitty shallow attitude. I forgot that this is a board where self-improvement is retarded and "GETTING SWOLE AND BANGING SLOOTS FUARK" is wisdom

This is pretty spot on tblh
>I want millennials to leave
I want r9k to stop visiting.

based retard bro

>The things you learn in the gym on the road to becoming jacked are things that you can apply in all aspects of life

This is actually true, I can't tell you how often proper bench form and nutrition for hypertrophy come up in engineering

Thirded
Although I'm a virgin who thinks that lifting will help me get girls(because it will shithead) the lack of ambition, especially among libs, is fucking disgusting. It's not that they aren't striving for something, it's that they're actively striving for mediocrity to the degree that they will put effort into lowering themselves so as to not over-achieve. All through the comfort of mental gymnastics, deep deep mental gymnastics, vidya and cheap distractions AND more mental gymnastics, all to silence any lingering desire to become masculine.
I've slowly been losing friends(nobully), not as a result of being a shit person to hang out with, but deliberate effort to distance myself from cowards without a slightest hint of ambition. Normalcy is fucking pathetic. I want to be surrounded by disciplined people, or at the very least people that have ambition, but it seems that in modern society, these individuals are few and far between.

>Its a pathetic mindset,
i hate fat people. i fucking hate fat fucks. if i had my way, they would be cut off of insurance, food stamps, etc etc, until they either die or stop being fat.

that said, i don't think what your friend does is pathetic. he lost the weight and at least does something to keep it off. it's better than most people. yes, he could be doing better, but doing the minimum is still doing something

Different people have different goals and don't strive nor care to lift heavy weights, 99% of the gym goes just want to keep themselves in shape. This doesn't tell us nothing about their discipline or lack thereof nor about their ambitions in life.

Seek help.

>So far I have yet to meet a single jacked guy who is a failure in life.
I knkw plenty, for some it's a coping mechanism; they fail in literally anything else yet they believe to be better. Nothing worse tbqh
For most luckily it's not like this, yet at different ages they have different priorities

Bullshit, most of the regulars you see everytime youre at the gym, they have the most results. They are the most consistent in both training and diet. Theyve trained their discipline, learned to force themselves to go to the gym even if they had a hard day.

Overcoming laziness in order to achieve goals, do you not think this is something that can carry on to help you in other aspects of life?

Youre most likely fat or dyel and are trying to justify why your progress is subpar. Stop projecting

Not everyone lifts for aesthetics, Chad.

Those people are probably fitter than you, but you can't SEE their cardiovascular health so you wouldn't know.

Professional boxers are some of the fittest people on the planet yet they don't all look ripped. Same with triathletes, marathon runners etc.

Weightlifting for bodybuilding is EASY compared to most other sports.

>Bullshit, I completely agree with you
>Even people who train just to stay in shape may be disciplined

Seek help for your reading comprehension as well.

Nice joke. I don't even lift retard.

What a surprise, just like 70% of this board

>looks more buffed

when will the new year resolutioners leave

I work with 2 guys who go to the gym everyday after work and they look the exact same 1 year later and ive came to the conclusion that it's all diet related, they eat complete shit food like beefaroni or other food in a cardboard box that gets microwaved for every meal and they only eat 1 of those shit meals during our 10 hour shifts and we work a labor job

if you don't get quality food and enough protein in your diet all your gym sessions are useless

What the fuck is wrong with you? How small is your dick Napoleon? Why are you measuring your progress against anyone else?

You sound like you were raised by a domineering single mother. Top for the future: Everyone elses life is not your personal problem. Shut up. Fuck off.