ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26244600
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27677913
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for having a wank

Stop wanking its bad for you

slight downward motion before he got it up, red light

tfw gde

I wish I'd get solid advice here like they do on leedit

can anyone recommend a good/cheap pair of knee wraps? I want to try them out before buying an expensive pair

underrated

Elitefts has good wraps and they don't overcharge.

thanks lad, but Im in the uk. the shipping would put them around the same price as titan/metal/sbd ones anyway

Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it? Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is under no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favor and go check out what the bottom of your toilet smells like?

Underrated

Just get metal then

Butthurt, slow fat faggot here

How come that someone who is 45 years old and can deadlift 300kg 3x3 is allowed to compete in the IPF?
Are they not testing for testosterone? Is TRT allowed? What a joke

instagram.com/p/BUhRzbLjo7I/?taken-by=janneesalmela

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

Im a poverty student. I dont have £60 to throw away on something I might not even like using

What are some good barbell exercises I can do in place of leg extensions/leg curls for 3x15-20 reps for a similar effect at the end of my squat day?

Tuffwraps?

tuffwraps.co.uk/collections/knee-wraps-sleeves

paste those sheiko routine links pls lads

Butthurt, slow fat faggot here

Strengthshop if you're a britbong.

still a bit on the expensive side
was thinking about their £15 ones but I dont know about their quality. if it turns out I like wraps tho, I dont mind buying titan/metal ones straight away

>wraps
Natty card revoked

They're not that much though

Strengthshop quality is pretty mediocre, but it's the only place i can think off where you'll get a semi-decent set of wraps without splashing out.

If you're feeling really cheap you can get a pair of garbage RDX wraps off Amazon.

Lunges or Bulgarian split squats

Can i switch up the upper routine from c6w with candito linear hypertrophy?

Expensive?
Do G4P if you;re struggling

£55 on strength shop

they are just to test whether I like them, but would shitty rdx wraps even feel enough like actual wraps to tell?

No, the gains police will turn up at your house and arrest you.

>tfw too fat for g4p

user was right. powerlifters are fat and ugly ;_;

Is there a PL gym near you? If there is pop down and someone will probably have a pair you could try?

nope. no pl gyms near me. I dont know a single other powerlifter irl

Any tips on breaking in a new belt faster?

Wtf does this show

bros i got blood work done and the doctor called me and said i have elevated liver enzymes and refered me to someone. how worried should i be? i dont even drink.

I can't imagine pete ever doing curls

so how the fuck are his arms so huge?

>he thinks you need to work the arms directly
he also does steroids so

but fit tells me I need to do curls at the end of SS

Everybody says the Bulgarian method has way too high frequency, overall volume and maxing out on 1-2 lifts everyday is gonna burn most people out even without performing any back-off sets, then why has nobody started doing a Bulgarian method approach but only like 2 or 3 times a week so the volume and frequency is low enough so you can adapt and include enough back-off sets so you still get sufficient volume to cause adaptation? Eventually when you're ready to do more work, you can start incorporating more days until you've reached 7 days a week.

Because it's sub optimal. A well designed program with a good amount of volume will be better for you long term

But you're describing exactly what the Bulgarian method was originally. Young teens didn't start off squatting 21 times per week on the Bulgarian weightlifting team, they slowly built up their work capacity.

It's not that the bulgarian method has too much work, but that it has too much work at high intensity. Doing 4 sets of 10 is much easier to recover from than 10 sets of 4 (at the same rpe at least). A ton of singles isn't necessarily too many sets or reps, but at that intensity, for any longer duration is gonna wreck your body.

Not to mention the lack of periodization and variation. And I don't just mention this negative stuff from a mental standpoint, it's not just boring, it's literally suboptimal from a physiological standpoint.

You should do chinups on SS since they're literally in the program, but most people just ignore it. Curls are optional for a novice.

>done with 3rd training day on TM
>already feel like I'm being raped
S-should I've started with a deload

>trappy/gain

I said that shit a year ago, but Sean and the rest of the beta orbiters were too wrapped up in their princess to stop exchanging dick pictures

Aside from being a lying homosexual child abuser, Rafael was just plain unlikable . it really speaks to the autism on this board that some people claim to have gotten along with them or to even call him a friend.

That's the feeling of trying to squeeze weekly progression out of your body

If you don't like it then switch to something that has monthly progression instead

>if you dont like it just do somthing 4x less effective. wouldnt want to get UNCOMFORTABLE now would you

fuck right off

youtube.com/watch?v=RZiYpIlUZY0
hardship makes you stronger lad

This. Even if you switch to something like 531, you're still projecting to add 60lbs to your bench and 120lbs to your Squat and Deadlift in a year and that's if you don't employ the 6 week training cycle with only a deload after the 7th week. That would add 75lbs to your upper lifts and 150lbs to your lower body lifts respectively. You just don't experience stalling every couple of weeks.

Everybody running around screaming that's not optimal all a bunch of sub intermediate level scrubs

If he's a bitch it doesn't matter what programming he does because they'll quit when it gets hard. For me personally I'd rather have slow steady progression with a few steps back occasionally than hard plateaus. But what do I know, I've been Lifting for more than a couple of years I'm like 99% of the quote unquote powerlifters here

>start with 315x5 squat, 405x5 deadlift and 225x5 bench
>do TM for 6 months
>now squatting 435x5, deadlifting 525x5 and benching 285x5
If this kind of progress is possible for you, you're either roiding or have elite genetics.

hes literally just started TM. hes likely a novice just come off SS. he can 100% make better progress on TM than >5/3/1, he just has to put the effort in. stop trying to discourage people from trying hard

direct arm work is a waste of time tb h

Theres no actual proof that it actually promotes adaptation

where did you even pull these numbers from?

5lbs increases every week on squat and deadlift, and once every 2 weeks on bench. That's literally the program.

>and once every 2 weeks on bench.
wait is that true

Have you ever even looked at the program? You rotate bench and overhead press. One week you increase the weight on bench, the next week on overhead press.

rip isnt going to come to your home and rape you if you dont add 5lb a week. you can make small jumps when 5lb becomes too hard. also, the squat progress you outlined is doable on TM without steroids for non GDEs. bench might possible if you make alterations outlined in PP and have good genetics. deadlift, youre right. TM is shit for deadlifts

Jeez dude I thought you meant the adapted version for powerlifting where you dont do that

its safe to assume if hes posting in /plg/ hes not doing ohp as a main lift. PP outlines alterations to make TM suitable for powerlifting

are you retarded? ofcourse curls promote arm growth. stop trying to meme people into having dyel arms. doing a few curls takes no time and takes nothing away from the rest of your training

I meant there is no proof that it promotes any more adaptation than compound exercises

why waste my time doing curls AND chins/rows if those already stimulated it enough to grow

post arms then. your argument is like saying theres no point doing assistance work for the main lifts

That's not at all similar to the argument he's making.

Also asking him to post his arms makes me think that you might be that faggot Sean that everybody doesn't talk about

Assistance work for big compound lifts can be an excellent way for an intermediate or an off-season Advance lifter to correct weaknesses. Snatch grip deadlifts for deadlifts for example.

It curl is such a small component to overall bicep growth that it basically doesn't matter if you're already doing heavy rowing or weighted Pull-Ups chin-ups. Anybody can throw curls into their program and it's not going to make much of a difference unless you just enjoy the pump or the .5% difference it will make to your muscle growth.

The only argument I can see for spending time on doing curls and other isolation variations is for injury prevention and for personal enjoyment

this tb h

Nah, if you train a muscle it will grow. Its nothing more complex than that.

While I admit you can grow your biceps in size through chin-ups and perhaps rows, they will never be as large as you expect from modern day bodybuilding.

The curl is the most important factor of bicep growth.
I don't understand why you'd argue otherwise.

Reminds me of when people use to say squats give you big arms because they increase your test levels
Like wtf lol do people just make this shit up

Anyway, I guarantee you don't have as much lifting experience as me so I'll let you learn for yourself like I had to for myself.

I asked him to post his arms to validate his belief that chins/rows are enough. if he has noodle arms, thats pretty damning evidence that what hes doing doesnt work

what about LTRs, or JM presses etc. for bench assistance (or hypertrophy)? are these pointless too

what evidence have you got that chins/rows are enough and that extra curls wont do anything for hypertrophy

and a few sets of bb curls takes

>While I admit you can grow your biceps in size through chin-ups and perhaps rows, they will never be as large as you expect from modern day bodybuilding.
>The curl is the most important factor of bicep growth.
And what is your proof, bodybuilders? lmao

>Reminds me of when people use to say squats give you big arms because they increase your test levels
>Like wtf lol do people just make this shit up
Not the test part but that is actually true though
>replying twice to the same post
wew

>what evidence have you got that chins/rows are enough and that extra curls wont do anything for hypertrophy
Actual studies, measured in lifters

First of all feel free to go fuck yourself

Next of all, you can't compare bodybuilding when you're talking about growth from strength training for a natural athlete. Bodybuilding is all about the chemistry and then the leanness to show off the bicep .

I'm not going to do the research for you but there's been enough studies out there to show that the benefits of isolations on top of heavy compounds is negligible for natural lifters

I'm not at all saying that you should not do curls, I'm just saying that they contribute far less to arm size then heavy compounds with Progressive overload

Hehe, you've got a lot to learn

the first person is a different poster. link to any of these studies

>fuck you
Someone's mad lmfao
>I'm not going to link any research
Lmfao
>I'm not even disagreeing with you I'm just on my period and have to be contrarian
Lmfao

>do row with 100kg 5 reps
>500kg of total work on the bicep
>do bicep curl with 15kg 12 reps
>180kg of total work on the bicep
>goofball implies bicep curl is useful
BTFO

Lmfaooo

Thanks guys

>biceps are a limiting factor when rowing

except its not 500kg directly on the bicep. also, it stacks. its just more additional volume/stimulus. if it was 680kg > 500kg. also, heavy rows are much more taxing on your body in general. you can do more curls and recover faster from them than heavy rows

I said fuck you because that's the same thing I would say to some other cunt running around acting cunty

://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc

And to simplify things for you because you keep on trying to twist my words because that's about the only fight you could try to win, I'm not saying that someone shouldn't do curls. But curls as a single joint exercise contribute very little too muscular growth unless somebody isn't already doing some type of weighted or resistance oriented pulling

If you're blasting gear though then it doesn't matter what you're doing training wise because you're going to grow anyways as long as you keep upping the dose on the right quantities

Here they compare compounds to isolations
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4592763/
>In conclusion, the results of the present study suggest that MJ and SJ exercises are equally effective for promoting increases in upper body muscle strength and size in untrained men.
Btfo

Here they compare just Lat pulldowns + bench vs those with curls and triceps added in
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23537028
> Therefore, this study showed that the inclusion of SJ exercises in a MJ exercise training program resulted in no additional benefits in terms of muscle size or strength gains in untrained young men.
BTFO

SJ= single joint
MJ= multi joint

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4592763/

Heres another one

>Therefore, the addition of SJ exercises to a RT program involving MJ exercises does not seem to promote additional benefits to trained men, suggesting MJ-only RT to be a time-efficient approach.
btfo oncee again ahahahaha

you want me to keep going

Good post, prepare for Sean to start talking about his poop and he'll probably make 10 other threads to try to hide the fact that he got his ass blown the fuck out

>louie_simmons_math.jpg

Heres a review of all the studies concluding that isolations are usless if you already do compounds

ahahahaha
B
T
F
O

I can almost hear some faggot furiously Googling to try and redeem himself from this epic blowing of the fuck out

>bbbbbbbbbbbut muh bicep curls are necessary

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4592763/
>In conclusion, the results of the present study suggest that MJ and SJ exercises are >EQUALLY effective for promoting increases in upper body muscle strength and size in >UNTRAINED men.
Lmfaooo
>Therefore, the selection between SJ and MJ exercises should be based on individual and practical aspects, such as, equipment availability, movement specificity, individual preferences and time commitment.
Lmfao

None of this disagrees with what I said lmfao

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23537028
>Effect of adding single-joint exercises to a multi-joint exercise resistance-training program on strength and hypertrophy in >UNTRAINED subjects.
Lmfao
>Therefore, this study showed that the inclusion of SJ exercises in a MJ exercise training program resulted in no additional benefits in terms of muscle size or strength gains in >UNTRAINED young men
>untrained
>untrained
>untrained

Its almost as if you didn't read your own single study

Wow Einstein you've really convinced me with all your hot opinions lmfao

lol dumbass untrained men will grow arms by from riding a bicycle

I don't give a shit about convincing you, Sean

I have absolutely nothing against curls. You can even do nothing but curl specifically for bicep growth but you're going to end up with tendonitis and you're not going to develop any type of functional carryover pulling strength from what you could do with rows and chin-ups

I even picked studies that pertained untrained men , which is basically you but I'm using the term man loosely

But feel free to keep arguing. I know you like the attention. It's probably about the only human interaction you get all day

>None of this disagrees with what I said lmfao
It does

>The effects of adding single-joint exercises to a multi-joint exercise resistance training program on upper body muscle strength and size in trained men.
> Therefore, the addition of SJ exercises to a RT program involving MJ exercises does not seem to promote additional benefits to trained men, suggesting MJ-only RT to be a time-efficient approach.
>suggesting MJ-only RT to be a time-efficient approach.
>suggesting MJ-only RT to be a time-efficient approach.

>People performing RT may not need to include SJ exercises in their program to obtain equivalent results in terms of muscle activation and long-term adaptations such as hypertrophy and strength.

cant read huh lmao, now go post a study that promotes your argument

Now go ahead and PROVE that bicep curls do anything

Let me give you all a TL;DR of this whole discussion

>you can get a pretty decent bench without isolation movements
>you can get pretty big without isolation movements
>if you wanna be jacked as fuck, you should probably do isolation movements (even if they're not very cost efficient)
>if you don't do isolation movements, you best not complain about gains plateauing or some shit cuz you're obviously a pubmed wizard that knows what to do to fix your own problems so why bother wasting our time with it

Untrained men are going to show better possibilities of continuing muscle growth with isolation movements on top of compound movements

Untrained men are going to put on more potential muscle quicker than Advanced athletes

If they did the same study on highly trained athletes you would only see even more damning evidence against isolation movements contributing to muscular hypertrophy on top of heavy compound movements

no I was reading the information presented to me

a common similarity here seems to be
>small groups
>short testing periods
>clearly untrained subjects (hence the significant change over short periods eg noob gains)
>no actual raw data on change in arm size
>all percentage differences that theyre calling negligible are infact not. theyre significant taking into account time frame
>test of strength is arbitrary("1rm arm flexion/extension test")
>it doesnt say what reps/sets/weight they were using

in conclusion. none of this seems to mean anything. our anecdotal experience is more worth while than this shit

>no ACTUAL proof to supports his argument
ahahaHAhahaaAhaahahhahh

>I don't give a shit about convincing you, Sean
So you've gotten btfo and given up? Lmfao

>I have absolutely nothing against curls. You can even do nothing but curl specifically for bicep growth but you're going to end up with tendonitis and you're not going to develop any type of functional carryover pulling strength from what you could do with rows and chin-ups
Post your sources already lmfao
>I even picked studies that pertained untrained men , which is basically you but I'm using the term man loosely
Then post them lmfao saying you have them and not posting them shows you are btfod
>But feel free to keep arguing. I know you like the attention. It's probably about the only human interaction you get all day
Literally a projection in every sense of the word

See
No you wouldn't LMFAO

youre just quoting their conclusions. if you read their data and come to your own you'll see that whoever was running the test was dyel and had no idea how to interpret this into irl gains