Now that the Albanians are chimping out about the 10 year anniversary of this shithole...

Now that the Albanians are chimping out about the 10 year anniversary of this shithole, let's have a thread related to it's history.
>All is welcome from illustrations, stories, monuments and general fact.
>25 year rule stands so exclude anything recent
>preferably medieval history and anything before that
Refrain from turning this into a balkanigger shitshow, this is not /pol/ or /int/, try to restrain yourself from namecalling, blaming or shitposting in general

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migrations_of_the_Serbs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_language#History
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its literally just serbian history
the state of kosovo is a modern fabrication by israel to weaken serbia

Please refrain from political discussion, just post historical shit

it was serbian, then it was stolen by turks, then it was serbian again and now it's stolen by even worse turks

Can we please read the post and stick to topic at hand

Dardania was an illyrian utopia, populated by 2m tall, blonde, racially pure illyro-albanians, who were known in the whole romen empire for their intelligence, bravery, and strength.

The sun rose over Upliana (ancient Pristina), when at the horizon a truely shocking sight emerged. It was the Slavs, who were coming in great numbers. The illyro-albanians fought bravely, but like the protagonists in a zombie movie, they just could not withstand the vast amount of degenerate "humans" flooding over them. And thus, Kosovo was lost for a millenia.

However, some noble albanians survived. In a small valley in the mountaneous northern albania, where only the strongest and smartest survive, the slavic zombies had no chance to prevail. There, this noble ancient race grew back to a respectable number, and under Skanderbeg united to slaughter the turkish invaders who were trying to conquer the last albanian stronghold, northern Albania. This epic resistance echoed back the power and nobility of the ancient illyrians.

However, the dark-skinned invaders from Siberia, grew jealous of Skanderbegs groundbreaking success. They allied with the turkish invaders, with whom they had a special connection, as they both came from the endless wilderness of Siberia, into the civilized utopia that is the balkans.They united, and once again, the albanians fell. But, with their wit and their talents, the albanians grew powerful and dominant within the ottoman empire, even more so than the Turkes themselves. They soon reclaimed most of their lost lands, and again peace and prosperity reigned in the albanian lands.

When the ottoman empire broke apart, the dark-skinned invaders, once again, panted for the albanian lands. They tried for 100 years to take away their lands, but ultimately, they failed. Kosovo is free, Kosovo is albanian.

This the story of the 5.000 years old race, the oldest and most powerful race in europe. This is the story of the albanians.

FOR FUCK SAKE

10/10

I BETTER SEE SOMETHING WORTH THE WHILE OR IM DELET THIS CUNT

well, Prizren was capital of Serbia under Stefan Dusan, the greatest Serbian king, in Serbian folk songs it was called "serbian tsarigrad"

There isn't much to say other than.
MUH SERBIAN CHURCHES
and
Albanians WE WUZING as natives who depopulated and then repopulated the area outnumbering Serbs after the two great migrations of Serbs in the 1700s
It's the least interesting place in the Balkans, just some mining towns.
At least the modern territory of Croatia and Serbia have the heritage of Roman Emperors, palaces, colosseums and capitals to boast about. Bulgaria too, Plovdiv being the oldest continuously inhabited city.
Yeah, Serbs also have Vinca culture, but who gives a fuck about that.
The interesting stuff about it is around the Balkan wars, and the recent stuff.

This is a start, finally. Now let's try to further the thread, productively

For me that's the only interesting thing about Kosovo, maybe some other anons, can tell us more about the region.

>x was part of the Serb/Bulgarian/Croat/Hungarian... Empire/Kingdom from y centuries ago
>we need to occupy all the regions that were part of that empire at its greatest extent despite all current ethnic, demographic and political considerations

What do East-Europeans mean by this?

>a group of people breed like cockroaches
>they zerg a part of a county
>dis place be mine now

dont get me wrong, serbs are guilty of this too(they stole backa and banat from hungary) just showing the other end of the argument, there needs to be a balance, now that pakistanis are majority in London, does that mean London belongs to Pakistan?

There's a difference between Serbs claiming Kosovo, and claiming Macedonia, or parts of Croatia.
Serbs claiming Kosovo is the same thing as Croats claiming Knin.
Just like there's a difference between Croats claiming Knin, and Croats claiming Srem or a border on the Drina (which was a wise decision on part of the Croatian leadership in the last war).

>>we need to occupy all the regions that were part of that empire at its greatest extent despite all current ethnic, demographic
>occupy
Typical American viewpoint a country "occupying" itself

Croats, like Albanians, have no right to claim anything.
Croats can lose Slavonia, Krajina and Dalmatia, while Albania can lose Skadar.

t. black hair and skin nislija serb gypsy

lads take it back a notch or the thread goes

>now that pakistanis are majority in London, does that mean London belongs to Pakistan

That seems (and is) bad because it happened within living memory and could theoretically still be reversed rather quickly.

If you're 300 or 500 years in the future and Pakistanis have been living there for all that time, then yes, it is questionable if future British people who retake it after that time decide to remove that population.
Otherwise, Anglos should also get out of the US and Australia return to England and leave those lands to the Natives but I doubt they will do that willingly.

I'm actually 198cm with light brown hair, born in Vukovar, now living in Belgrade.

You do realize that Kosovo was part of Serbia in our living memory right? They declared independence in 2008.

Maybe he means Albanian majority.

>Croats can lose Slavonia, Krajina and Dalmatia, while Albania can lose Skadar.
I haven't seen such pure delusions in a while

Serbia incorporated that land during the Balkan wars. Albanians remained there.

GOOD post

To the serbs ITT: You do realize you left Kosovo and settled in the Vojvodina like 200 years ago, no? IIRC you even have a specific term to describe this big migration from Kosovo to Vojvodina.

So you left Kosovo and went on to steal Vojvodina from Hungary. You cant have both. Take all the serbs that are living in hungarian Vojvodina and put them in Kosovo, or dont and accept the fact its albanian now. You basically swapped Vojvodina for Kosovo, so dont complain.

Given that Ottoman tax register from the 15th century shows a Serb majority, when did Albanians become the majority in Kosovo? Did Albanians from Albania migrate to Kosovo during SFRY?

In two boroughs only iirc, good luck seceding with that

It was in the 18th and 19th century, see my previous post Serbs will never admit this, but they all know Kosovo is albanian since 200 years, because that is when they emmigrated from it.

During 18th-19th century

Serbs can claim those territories. Serbian history is there.

Serbs migrated from Kosovo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migrations_of_the_Serbs

In Eastern Europe it is irredentism all the way down. Don't bother picking a side, they're all in the wrong somehow.

>breeding like roaches
Both Albanians in Albania and Kosovo have a birthrate under 2.3

>they're all in the wrong
Except Bulgaria

So does Croatia and Albania

Exactly. If they can claim Kosovo or any other Serbian land, Serbia can claim 'their' lands.
Kosovo was never Albanian and Srem was never Croatian(until for a short period of time during WW2).
Serbia is in advantage here, because can claim much bigger chunk of land(most of ex Yugoslavia), legitimately.
Sadly, we are too cucked to do that.

"By 1980 the population explosion among Kosovo's ethnic Albanians had become Yugoslavia's most pressing demographic problem. Between 1950 and 1983, the population of Kosovo grew by about 220 percent, while the Yugoslav total increased by only 39 percent. Kosovo's high annual birth rate (about 29 births per thousand in 1988, the highest in Europe), and the increased life expectancy of the population spurred this demographic growth"

>and Srem was never Croatian
Actually it was between 1868–1918

That is A-H. Croatia didn't even existed back then.
Now, if you tell me that was some kind of a personal union or any similar crap, please stop.

>Croatia didn't even existed back then.
So the Habsburgs were kings of a place that didn't exit?

Croatia as a independent state didn't exist.
Just like Serbia stopped existing during Ottoman rule.

So post Serbian stuff? Alb*inians weren't even a majority until recent times but they breed like rats

serbia never controlled srem before 1992

wait, actually i meant 2006, my bad

by your logic, albanians can claim all this.

when illyrians, come back into existence, they can claim it

I think every people including the serbs has a phase of extreme growth when modern medicine and agriculture gets introduced, so I doubt that is the reason. In fact, as others pointed out, Serbs left Kosovo for Vojvodina (hungarian heartland) in the 17th century and since then the place is albanian. Deal with it, my southern neighbour. Give back Vojvodina, then we can talk about Kosovo.

Albanians are to illyrians what scots and irish are to celts, their last remnant.

>albanians
>illyrians

Everybody knows regarding claiming, only two factors are important, FORCE and DEMOGRAPHICS
In Modern days when force and fighting is being less and less possible, demographics are superior, and regarding that, Kosovo is Albanian

>On 29 October 1918, Syrmia became a part of the newly independent State of Slovenes, Croats and Serbs. On 24 November 1918, the Assembly of Syrmia proclaimed the unification of Serb-populated parts of Syrmia with the Kingdom of Serbia. However, from 1 December 1918, all of Syrmia was made a part of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes.

>kingdom of serbs croats and slovenes

no serbia though, oh well :(

Scots and Irish are celts, Albanians are not Illyrians

This, why do delusional nationalistic LARPers pretend their countries existed for longer then they really had?.

They can't, because there is 0 evidence that they actually controlled it before.

The Albanian language is part of the Indo-European language group and is considered to have evolved from one of the Paleo-Balkan languages of antiquity,[25][26][27] although it is still uncertain which particular Paleo-Balkan language represents the ancestor of Albanian, or where in Southern Europe that population lived.[28] In general there is insufficient evidence to connect Albanian with one of those languages, whether one of the Illyrian languages (which historians mostly confirm), or Thracian and Dacian.[29] Among these possibilities, Illyrian is typically held to be the most probable, though insufficient evidence still clouds the discussion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_language#History

>oldest continuously inhabited city
that would be Damascus.

>In general there is insufficient evidence to connect Albanian with one of those languages

You're just digging a hole for yourself, please stop posting.

>France 1887
>not 1945

>UK 1707
>not 1922

not so fast

Nah, you are just taking something out of context there. It clearly states that albanian is definetely descendant of one of the ancient balkan languages, and illyrian is the most probably candidate to be the one.

well look, considering slavs are the closest to the proto-indo-europans, all indo-european lands belong to slav speakers

When is this coming out in IMAX 3D?

>slavs are the closest to the proto-indo-europans
Lol no

oh ok, you convinced me

now i belive you that albanians are human even though they look like rat-men, have the lowest iq on planet earth and are massively inbred

The Allies returned full sovereignty to Germany in the 2+4 agreement, you mong

Nice projecting

>Refrain from turning this into a balkanigger shitshow
This is literally impossible, Balkanites can't have a civilzed discussion without throwing insults and grenades at one another.

>earliest statehoods
>Slovakia 1993
It's 1939.

On 24 November 1918, the Assembly of Syrmia proclaimed the unification with the Kingdom of Serbia

This map is shit because it only only applies legal continuity. And even by that standard it's faulty. As Serbia and Montenegro operated as almost fully independent countries from 2003, which could be interpreted as a (revolutionary) breach of legal continuity because the document that served as the new constitution was not passed as a constitution, rather it was in a sense NATO imposed and signed by the executive government.
But even by it's own standard it doesn't adhere to France and the UK. Because the act of Union with Ireland was in 1800, and Franc has two more republics to go (even if we ignore the nazi puppet government)

It's a bait image from a few months ago.

Definite Serb detected

You forgot the part where the Serbs killed the Sultan in Kosovo and hence its a big part of their identity

> Greece 1973
That's the 3rd Republic.

That would be 1827 de facto and 1831 de jure.

The Septinsular Republic, the first Modern Greek state was established at 1800.

But that "country" doesnt even exist

>Ireland 1948
lol wut?

>no reply from serbs

Just shows they KNOW Vojvodina, their richest region is barely serbia, anywhere I got here I see Hungarian or German history and architecture.

>Croatia didn't even existed back then.

It did under the Hungarian crown, Croatians enjoyed total autonomy besides Fiume, one single city.

>It's 1939.
Okay now stop joking pls, you can have Slovakia exist the first time in Czehslovakia in 1920, or as independent in 1992, but not both ways.

Are you aware of the treaty of trianon? Serbia lost 1/4 of its population to the Austro-Hungarians. And the Hungarian minority in Vojvodina is perfectly happy with their treatment. And since you mention that it's not Serbian because its Hungarian built, then by that logic, Croatia, Slovenia and Transylvania should all be returned to their owners.

it's simple
>serbitches get btfo in ww2
>their ""royal"" family gtfo out of the country
>croatian commies literally win the war
>create kosovo cuz fuck serbitches for needing soviets to free them
>kosovo is a paradise while autonomous almost a republic state
>serbitches start changing constitution and claiming kosovo after based Tito dies
>they get btfo in the 90s like everywhere else

Calm your tits toni, Albania was never great, and if you ever try pulling anything a la kosovo again you wouldn't be able to use the NATO card again, as all your minorities live in NATO countries

I'd like to add that separatist nutjobs in Vojvodina are stuckup entitled Serbian lefty elitists. Hungarian politicians have a pretty good deal in both the provincial and state government.

>And the Hungarian minority in Vojvodina is perfectly happy with their treatment
Well those who were not slaughtered after the war. To be fair, now that Serbia wants to get in to the EU they did admit those crimes, but still, the fact that serbians cry because of Kosovo, while they did the same shit those shitskin albanians did is hilarious.

Those are crimes of the Communists and Tito, and to be fair the Hungarians didn't get it that bad. Germans were completely ethnically cleansed.
Serbia's never had trouble with the Hungarian minority.

I didn't say the Hungarians don't have a good deal in Serbia today, Serbia is a lot better to Magyars then Romania or Ukraine is, but Backa, and the cities like Zombor, Szabakda, Újvidék were all culturally important to us, so saying that Kosovo is Serbian because it "important in Serbian culture" is stupid.

Kosovo is incompatible to Vojvodina, as Serbia didn't wipe out 1/4 of Albania's population in WWI. The Albanian Liberation army mobilised first, and Kosovo was just taken away with 0 political incentive. Unless Hungary wanted to reverse holocaust itself or pay reparations for the rest of its existence, the demographics of Vojvodina, a largely rural and agricultural area sufficed. So no, it wasn't "the same shit" and if you're going to pretend to care about Vojvodina, focus on reclaiming the rest of V4 territory. Meanwhile your minister of foreign affairs constantly praises Serbia for treating its Hungarian and Slovak minorities in the best way possible and is actively advocating for early entry of Serbia in the EU by 2022, without Serbia having to ask for it.

Well like 50 thousand of them were killed, and the ethnic cleansing is what made Backa Serbian majority.
Pointing to Tito is weak, because there obviously was a vendetta against the Hungarian minority in Serbs after WW2. To be fair, while we are at this topic, I do like to add that Hungary did betray Jugoslavia, we should had listened to Teleki and not let German tanks through, but the Hungarians living in Bacska and Banat had nothing to do with this.

My original point was that Kosovo may be important to Serbs in their history, but then look at Hungary, Magyars pretty much lost all their important cities and areas besides Budapest and smaller cities like Szeged or Sopron. Irredentism is valid in all Eastern European nations because we didn't have strong centralized Kingdoms which later would grow their own identity within all of its inhabitants (like Englans or France). Letting Kosovo go is the best outcome to Serbs, then they can get into the EU, and play the strongman while receiving all the gibs like Orban does.

>as Serbia didn't wipe out 1/4 of Albania's population in WWI.

So you are literally basing the unjust borders made in 1920, which were way beyond on the ethnic lines, on the fact that lot of people died in WW1? Every nation lost a lot of people.

Its literally the same shit as Kosovo.

>Meanwhile your minister of foreign affairs constantly praises Serbia for treating its Hungarian and Slovak minorities in the best way possible and is actively advocating for early entry of Serbia in the EU by 2022, without Serbia having to ask for it.
Firstly, Serbia is not treating Magyars bad, but what the ministry says is always political, they want Serbia in so they have another ally in the EU besides Poland.

>So you are literally basing the unjust borders made in 1920, which were way beyond on the ethnic lines, on the fact that lot of people died in WW1? Every nation lost a lot of people.
No, I'm basing the territory on reparations, Serbia lost 1/4 of it's entire population to A-H without even being the aggressor, it was either Vojvodina, astronomical reparations that you couldn't pay or reverse ethnic cleansing, the territories were given to Yugoslavia under a treaty written up by bitter western powers.
>Its literally the same shit as Kosovo.
You have to understand that Serbia didn't start a war in Kosovo, it was taken by force after Serbia was bombed, there wasn't even a referendum during the conflict, or a treaty, just NATO backed insurgents destabilising the area. They also kicked out the bulk of the Serbian demographic. Serbia didn't owe anything to the Albanians, yet they decided to just take a region without any political measures, which is why their current government is such a disfunctional mess it's ridiculous that they even wanted to declare independance. This happened in our living memory, not during WWI.

everytime i see that hungary i have a good kek at their retardation

I respect Teleki for being a man of principal. I don't support suicide, but it was very noble of him.

when did you realize that yugoslavia was the resurrection of Illyria?

>Russiam puppet
retarded map