Whats a good beginner program that is not too squat centric. Is Greyskull Phraks Variant any good?

Whats a good beginner program that is not too squat centric. Is Greyskull Phraks Variant any good?
Im 194 cm and 95kg and my lifts are pretty shit.

Bench 60 kg, Squat 80 kg , Deadlift 90kg , OHP 35kg

What's wrong with squatting?

Unlike what you might believe, squatting wont make you fat, or ugly. Eating at a ridiculous surplus while ONLY Squatting will do that.

SS recommends Squating 3 every single workout. I just dont think its proportional to the upper body workload.

You do upperbody same frequency though??? Presses?

Rows and powercleans?

What it sounds like to me is you're a fucking bitch and you're seeking approval for your bitch tier choice making.

Who the fuck is able to do power cleans as a beginner with proper form?

>I just dont think its proportional to the upper body workload
you sure have years of experiences with lifting and coaching right? Getting tired of all these faggots trying to "invent" new variation of this and that just because they don't like certain exercise...

Learn to do it with the bar and progress then you fucking cretin. What are you looking for? A bitch program that makes you do curls and bench 3-4 times a week and squats/pulls like once every other week?

This

/thread/

i want the new year resolutioners to leave.

Everyone knows SS is a meme. How about some real programs?

why is it a meme for beginners?

Yes, Greyskull is better. You squat twice a week and deadlift once a week. It just makes more sense.

How is Squatting every single workout okay? Do you ever think for yourself?

SS being meme is meme... works good for beginners who never been in gym... 80% of guys who are saying that SS is meme never actually read the book

i do squats every single workout... no problems with that

Because you get to train your lower body and core often while simultaneously getting enough rest

???

"Beginner" is too broad a category. There are 14yo beginners, there are 45yo beginners. There are skelly beginners, there are fatass beginners.

SS is a program for 14-17yo high school athletes, and possibly 18-21 college athletes. It's designed to build athletic strength for football, wrestling, baseball, and powerlifting. If you're in that category, it's the best.

Might also recommend SS for women, because of the leg and strength focus, because women are always scared of getting bulky arms. T-Rex-mode for girls is attractive.

Otherwise, I would recommend GSLP or SL.

>preachin

reg parks 5x5 m8

whats the difference between ss and sl concerning the "t-rex-mode"?

Im doing the Fierce 5 beginner program. Its working for me better than SS.

Sorry, I tend to think of the original version of SL. Pic related.

The current version of SL is only different from SS in two ways
>SL has rows where SS has power cleans
>SL does 5 sets, SS does 3 sets

Bit of a long rant ahead, 1/2.
Tldr SS is a very good program if you have a coach over your head

Yes, Phrak's GSLP is similar to SS, it has some autoregulation in the form of + sets but doesn't allow you to go nuts, and it's more specific to how and what you should do for upper body
Do it and gains will come
Another good beginner routine that is balanced but not too squat centric is 5/3/1 beginner template, but I'd say that GSLP is better because of simplicity and specificity. The more information and complicated program you throw at a beginner the more confused and disoriented they become.
No, you don't. You train triceps as often as squats, and pecs and delts half as often. And those are small muscles who can tolerate and need more frequency
As for back, all you do is deadlifts, which are mostly leg. Chinups are merely mentioned as an afterthought in the program, to be added as an accessory without real regard for their progression.
This is not optimal for arm and back development as lats and biceps require concentric motion and stretching through a full ROM for hypertrophy, not just the isometric hold a deadlift provides.
>Rows
Directly quoting Mark Rippetoe Himself from the book:
>Fuck barbell rows. Really, fuck them.
Rows are provided as a tertiary accessory because "you can't overload them without losing form something something", which is not the case if you do chest supported barbell rows, cable rows, T bar rows or DB rows. Really, the only rows that allow unconscious cheating are Yates and Pendlay.
(Cont)

Cont, 2/2
>Cleans
Cleans are 90% lower body, you have no idea what you're talking about. Erectors and traps are already taken care of by squats and deadlifts, we need some lats, rear delts, rhomboids and biceps.
Plus, doing (or selling a book that suggests doing) power cleans by yourself without a coach is at best irresponsible.
>But muh coordination and athleticism
Fuck off, if Rip was really concerned about you being athletic and fit he wouldn't recommend dirty bulking and would advocate HIIT or hill sprints as conditioning. But he simply says "well you can lose weight later lol". Another afterthought.
>There is no middle ground between self learning power cleans while squatting heavy 3x week and doing chest and biceps every single day
Ok
I agree 100% with everything you said except one thing
>SL
Might as well do SS
The point OP makes is that he wants to squat less, not more

>he wants to squat less
why desu

Imagine your least favourite exercise. Whatever that is. The least comfy one (in your subjective opinion) that targets the muscles you are least interested in developing.
Good, now do it 2-4 times as often as all your favourite exercises

>you are least interested in developing.

It just happens to be squat because he's a NYR. He'll grow out of it and thank himself for not being a faggot. If he keeps lifting that is.

Why Phraktures GSLP over standard GSLP?