Kicked out of gym for deadlifting

>deadlifting
>using mats so it's quiet
>doing the full rep, up fast and down controlled
>PR comes over and tells me to stop dropping the weight
>the gym has banned deadlifting from now on but instead of telling people with a sign or notice, they just tell people who deadlift to stop
>i tell them if i can't deadlift anymore then i can't work out here and will have to quit
>they tell me to come back on Monday and they will refund the rest of my membership

i went to a gym for a little while and they bitched twice about me being too loud with the weight so i left

fuck em its a gym if you dont want me to lift how i want then ill leave

>i tell them if i can't deadlift anymore then i can't work out here and will have to quit
>they tell me to come back on Monday and they will refund the rest of my membership
How is this a bad thing? Getting a refund from a gym is usually harder than squeezing blood from a stone.

I was asked to stop once, told them I'm out and to give me my money back. I got my money (luckily), and since then, they've shut down. Turns out, unless you're planet fitness, telling people to stop exercising in a gym is a bad idea.

>go to a YMCA
>it has a deadlift platform with bumpers
>there are also 4 power racks

why does everyones gym suck compared to my wholesome-ass ymca

sounds comfy as shit

it's so fucking great. I am starting to get the picture here that people avoid YMCAs. Did you know you can give them your W2 and they will adjust membership rate based on your pay? YMCA is fucking great. Also, your membership pays to go to every YMCA in your city.

YMMV. My closests YMCA is worse than every planet fitness.

OP here, now i pay $100 a month to use a small fitness centre gym with old equipment

but the staff are very friendly, everything is actually clean, and most people are old and just play on the machines instead of taking up the rack and bench

i fucking my local gym. its too crowded and all of the equipment is falling apart. i had to do some bum ass curls the other day with a rusty kettlebell in one and the other with a dumbbell with mismatched plates.

>get depressed
>friend convinces me to go to his gym
>pull up
>hole in the wall tucked in the back of a light industrial zone
>"GYM" is painted in one of the windows
>go in
>guy sitting in an old barber chair watching a tv smoking a cigar and holding a glass of whisky
>neck big around as my thighs
>"Hey Mac, this is my friend, he's going to work in a couple days."
>Mac nods and holds his hand out
>reach to shake his hand
>"This is MY house, you understand?"
>nod sheepishly while he's still holding my hand
>"There's only one rule, RESPECT my fucking house."
>nod
>"y-yes s-sir"

There's newspapers taped up in the windows from 10 years ago. There's stacks of weights probably older than me. You lift heavy shit and there's noise. Its a real gym and not some feel-good bullshit.

There's no contracts, the monthly dues are kind of an optional thing.
>walk in this month, first of the month
>hand Mac two twenties for our memberships
>"get the fuck out of here with that"

is it sick or is it a shithole

I have a YMCA two minutes away from me.

They don't have a single squat rack / cage and no platforms. Terrible gym.

That sounds fucking awesome
Remember that guy for when you need to hide a body

is he kinda wealthy and just has the gym for fun?

Congratulations you've found an actual gym

>Lift at a hole in the wall gym
>one day a sign is posted on the door saying staff might not be present so don't hurt yourself
>few days later same sign but the lights are off but doors are unlocked and the sun is going down
>everyone is working out until the building owner shows up and says we have until sunset to finish up.
>few days later everything is back to normal

Stop fucking your gym.

Jesus fucking christ. 100 dollarydoodles a month?

Been going there for 14 years now

>been there for 8 years at this point
>I'm one of the regulars, 4 or 5 times a week
>leg day
>evening
>working with a buddy, maybe 12 people in the place
>fatass mid-20 something woman messing with free weights, she works at the beer distributor next door
>probably 280 pounds
>been coming in every morning for two weeks
>she's taking advice and putting in effort
>finishes her curls and drops the weight and is gasping
>me and a couple guys give a clap, "good set". Something stupid we do after someone does a full effort
>group of three teenagers snicker
>one makes a comment about her arm fat weighing more than the barbell
>she hangs her head
>the very next thing Im aware of is the sound of benches and chairs being thrown aside
>Mac is making a bee-line from his chair swatting away steel like paper mache
>veins bulging out of his face and neck like mad pythons
>Mac points at me and screams "GRAB HIM!" So loud that his spit makes a cloud
>he grabs two of the guys by the neck and drags them with their feet scrambling to stay under them
>start pushing the third one out the door in pursuit
>get outside
>Mac throws one of them practically ten feet through the air onto the car
>slams the other one in into the hood
>"I FUCKING TOLD YOU. I TOLD YOU TO RESPECT MY FUCKING HOUSE!!"
>smacks his fist down on the hood next to the guys head leaving a massive dent
>go back inside
>woman is standing there
>Mac claps his hands, points at her, "Good set, you hear me? Good set"

then you woke up

god damn that sounds sick

nothing of this happened, but you really should start writing fiction

i think it happened

I think I remember this. Mac calls you princess or something because you broke your fingernail or...?

>princess
Kek, no, thats my boyfriend. But yes, he dropped a weight and broke his nail.

Gym I work at is two stories. Upstairs is machines and cardio equipment. Downstairs is the weight room.

>chalk everywhere
>steel plates
>actual Texas deadlift bars and Ohio Power bars
>7 deadlift platforms
>8 power cages
>4 competition benches
>2 mono lifts
>dumbbells go up to 250lbs
>chains, bands, bamboo bars, trap bars, swiss bar, buffalo bar, and safety squat bars as far as the eye can see

I'm not even a powerlifter but the atmosphere is pretty fucking dope.

You are one lucky motherfucker to have a YMCA with a gym like that.

> homegym masterrace

> blasting whatever fucking music i want
> weights always free
> use laptop in between sets
> give doggo a pat

Help me in making a decision.
I just entered a nice gym, it's just 30 a month, it got a lot of stuff, even sport courts. When I returned home I told my family but they sperged out. Telling me to enter planet fitness instead because it's just 10 dollars a month.
What do I do? It's my money. I don't want to go to planet fitness. I went one time and it was shit.

>start liftan in February
>go ask to the gym, that's allegedly for judo, karate and bjj fighters training in the same building, literally one minute away from my house, if it's a public gym and if I can sign up
>walk in, huge gym
>black and white posters of oldschool bodybuilders
>machines that are older than me
>there is one old man, could be around 60-70 deadlifting 200 kg
>told him if I can ask something
>he said "wait little boy, till I finish this bitch"
>holy fuck, I already like this nigga
>comes up to me, totally red and swole, ask him if I can join
>he says I can, 15€ is monthly payment
>"Yeah sure that would be awesome"
>"If you fuck up some equipment you will answer to me"
>we talk a little
>then he adds: "well, so come tomorrow and I will train you.. If you don't mind having as a trainer an old shit that trained champions of bodybuilding of Europe and of the whole world"
>holy shit, is this Pai Mei from Kill Bill 2?

Fuck off with this bullshit. We only tell the truth in this anime themed fitness board.

Stay at the $30 gym...how the fuck is this a question?

>old shit that trained champions of bodybuilding of Europe and of the whole world
>this guy

"Back in the day" guys are the worst, get out.

PF is 10 bucks, for every person that quits 10 will join in.

>go to gym naked
>smoke meth in the power rack
>take a huge shit on the barbell then bench it
>ejaculate on the smith machine (that's all I use it for. I like the sheeny gloss of my pearls on that useless heap of junk)
>make love to several cheap prostitutes one after the other as I concurrently make them sit on the thigh squeeze machine
>then force them all to spot my 2pl8 poop bench then drop it just to see if they can catch it
>die because they don't

Amen brother, home gym literally for life.

>"Back in the day" guys are the worst
Only if they can't back it up, 200kg is a solid lift for a 60-70 year old.

Charge cheap, more likely to keep members that show up 2-3 times a month and don't cancel their memberships cause of how low the price is. It's genius, they also take out any motivation to try to better yourself and stop you every time they see you trying to get fit.

My gym's weight section is on the second floor. Who's idea that was, I have no fucking clue. The women's workout section is right below. I've received complains about my deadlifts from the women's section. I literally took that as a compliment. I now set the bar down gently, but I actually prefer it that way. It feels like a more proper deadlift. So I guess I can thank the normie check for not being able to handle my diddlies.

>Gym.
>Doesn't allow deadlift.
Lift at an actual gym then?

if you actually make that much noise during a deadlift then you probably have shit form or are using too much weight. learn to control the movement first you fucking retard.
slamming the weights on the ground isnt impressive, it's annoying. a proper deadlift should make NO sound

Keked

Man, if I win the lottery, this is how I would spend my money. Buy a cheap warehouse. Turn it into a private gym. At first, you have to deadlift at least 3 plates, or show some in depth knowledge on programming to get in. After a year, access is invite only.

Membership would be 10 bucks a month. I'll just live upstairs. And if anything goes missing I'll check the cameras.

I like this.

>Spyro
Ayy friendo!

> I went to go eat at a friend's and he kept getting pissed when I ripped farts at dinner. Fucking hell it's a dinner, I'll fart how I want too.

I only live 1 hour from Wichita Falls, should I go train with Mark?

how's your 5th week of SS going

"""""""""""""""gym"""""""""""""""

kek

Fuck off with this wannabe 80s movie bs

That sounds sick

That's better than 99% of fit

Try this
>I payed a stranger to cook me a meal, the potatoes were undercooked so I didn't eat them.
>he tells me to leave and never come back.

Wut

Audible kek

This reeks of a redditor who's trying too hard.

>go to gym specifically catering to power lifters
>people drop weights all the time
>even scream encouragement when they see others struggling with weights
>everyone is also super chill and courteous

Take a look around your area and see if there are any gyms like this.

nice reddit fanfiction you faggot

get a home gym
>choose the music
>weights always free
>no faggots
>dont have to leave the house

confirmed bullshit.

>move because muh love of my life
>small town, only one small gym
>full of cardiobunnies doing meme stuff on meme machines
>owner is literally a male cardiobunny, the kind you see in late night tv ab-blaster commercials or whatever
>next town i.e. gym is a 25 mile drive back and forth, not that much tbH but not really doable with my schedule
>no way I can lift here, or am gonna pay for it jfc
>do calisthenics and shitty dumbbell stuff until I find a solution
>one day rant to SO's uncle about this shamefur dispray, he's a right proper twat but used to oly lift back in the day so he understands me
>he gets all shifty eyed and secretive
>tells me to follow him to basement
>oh god he's gonna fuck me and steal my kidney isn't he PLSNORAEP
>nope, homegym the size of rhode island
>am invited to lift with him as long as I dedicate about an hour each day afterwards to listening to him get drunk and wallow in his probably made up stories of greatness
I have a new best friend, I mean he's probably whacked in the head and I hate him, but he's got 600kgs worth of eleiko pl8s and some good dirty jokes so w/e. abstract kind of feel

This. Experienced lifters are among the most chill, helpful people you'll ever find and they all seem interested and encouraging to your progress

Great gym

I went to your moms house and your dad bitched twice about me fucking your mother on the dinner table

fuck him its a house if you dont want me to fuck your mom how I want it then ill fuck you too

It's "paid," you PC subrace ignoramus.

How old are you? 8?

My local YMCA is also pretty deadly. 4 power cages, plenty of benches, multiple sets of DBs up to 110 pounds. It also includes a great pool and plenty of cardio machines and open workout studios.
Overall a great gym.

This is meant to be for players in csgo, but I find that it applies to almost all areas in life.

>dumbbells go up to 250lbs
Who could lift this shit??
i guess Kali Muscle goes there to curl them.

that's fucking hilarious
tell us a story he told you

Wasn't it a fat guy the last time you told this story?

t. dyel

lol implying I even listen, you need to imagine him like a 20 years younger abe simpson in terms of storytelling. but a few assorted ones were until now:
>200kg c&j after five months of no training but no proof because alone during training
>secretly fucked [local female """celebrity"""] when she was a teenager
>broke a man's neck with his bare hands, resuscitated him by cramming it back into place
>already had a 4.5in cock in elementary school (no I don't know how big it is now, shut up)
>once took cheq drops as preworkout and accidentally cleaned a weight he was supposed to rack pull
>was shot 14 times in a single night, not from a single guy or gun
I guess you get the idea of what kind of stories I mean. he's got lots of limericks though, that's always nice.

Sounds unbelievable. What part of the world do you live in? I can only assume USA with the owner being named Mac, or that being the default name you go to as an alias.

>secretly fucked [local female """celebrity"""] when she was a teenager
>was shot 14 times in a single night, not from a single guy or gun
i believe these two, nigga is a beast, you better not fuck up with his niece

So you weren't kicked out?

lol no I won't because I do love her (inb4 /r9k/ thread derail), but I still have a hard time believing most of his ramblings. guy was a vicious manlet cunt I'll give him that, but I'm skeptical.

>a proper deadlift should make NO sound
Have you ever seen anybody who's serious about lifting in any respect do a silent deadlift? I'm very curious, because I haven't.
Serious bodybuilders are moving the weight fast and the landing isn't as hard as powerlifters but it isn't an easy one, and they're pulling sets of 12-15 so it's pretty noisy.
Serious powerlifters are naturally making a racket because they're pulling serious weight and you can't pull an actual heavy deadlift and let it down slowly and with perfect control, because it's a huge waste of energy.
Serious athletes at my gym, people training for sports outside of weights, also make a racket with their deadlifts in various ways.
The only people who I've seen perform silent deadlifts are Asians, chubby newcomers and skeletons who never increase the weight they lift.

That sounds awesome. Stick around, buy him good scotch and he might end up leaving the place to you

He sounds like a big lenny character, I'd kill for that

I have heard of weightlifters being punished by their coach to do pulls with like a 30 second eccentric and they have to touch it down without making a sound or they have to do more sets. But that's not a common training tool or anything.

>tfw that makes me his Genova
not sure if want

my uni gym has 5 or 6 power cages, 4 semi-power cage, 2 squat racks, and idk how many barbells but theres always something available. The entire top floor is semi-crossfit-y with the floor being like one large mat you can drop weights on. Its a really cosy gym and you OP should look for something that isnt shit

I don't know who all these gym owners are who think it's a good idea to have weights upstairs. Especially Crossfit

its a tad unnerving when downstairs and the ceiling lights shakes, but i am fairly certain they kept that in mind while building it, seeing as the building was literally built to be a large gym

Yah I'm paying $70 for mine but 5 power racks and 4 platforms is just too good. Can be as loud as you want.