Am I the only one who thinks bench press is a meme?

Am I the only one who thinks bench press is a meme?

> normies love it
> they all have fucked up shoulders
> they're never strong at anything else

overhead press and fly everyday

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bench is useless unless you compete

what would you suggest as an alternative that is just as good for chest??

I think it's because bench is the iconic gym exercise.

Rippetoe at al are trying to start an alternative to powerlifting with squat, press, deadlift and less homoerotic in general
I hope they suceed

If you want an aesthetic chest, cable/machine flys and dumbell press variants absolutely shit on flat barbell benchpress.

Benchpress is a meme exercise for aesthetic, just like OHP

db/bb incline bench, pushups, dips, press (works upper chest), cable crossover, one arm db chest press and so on

you have so many choices it's insane. flat bench is the worst choice

Fly.

Most people are way too pussy about the weight they use like they're going to break something even though they go hard on bench without fear.

How much of a difference does the increased range of motion make for a dumbbell press rather than a bench press?

Wrong and dumb. Bench press is important for proper chest development. People fuck up their shoulders by not knowing the proper way to bench. As long as you stack your shoulders and set your back as a proper platform then you push from your chest and with your triceps. If you bench wrong, yeah, it's going to cause you shoulder problems and it won't be optimal for gains, same as how if you squat with poor form you can fuck up your knees and hips and reduce the benefit to your quads and glutes and hamstrings.
Bench is essential if you don't want to be a chestlet twink.

>press is meme for aesthetics
>literally the best front delt exercise that also works triceps, middle delt and pecs

incline > flat

prove me wrong

bench is for people who like to move lots of weight for no reason

Yeah, OHP is the bread and butter exercise for Olympia winners now isn't it?

Wtf I hate being a nazi now?

so what exercises do they do for front delts apart from db press variations? front delt raises? kek. useless exercise compared to press

If you do flies do cable flies, because db flies only work your chest on the first few degrees, while cable flies train it over the entire range of motion.

>db anything
Doesn't allow you using heavy weights
>cable crossover
No rest between reps, not really a compound, no heavy loading
>incline
Tends to make you cheat
>one arm db chest press
w-what?
>pushups
kek
>dips
fine, they're awesome but maybe not enough shoulder and upper chest involvement

Klokov Press + Incline Bench masterrace

low test fairies vs skinheads. easy choice desu

Good call.

Anecdotal, but everyone I've ever seen do cable flies is DYEL as fuck, while the guys doing db flyes are always big boys

cool story bro

Flat BB bench is easy to progressively overload.
Since it is a compound and you are in a safe position (not angled in any way) with a barbell you can progress it very well.

As everyone on Veeky Forums hopefuls knows, progressive overload is the key factor in increasing muscle mass.

You can ass whatever accessory and isolation exercise to benching that you want.
You could also do incline BB bench instead of flat and try progressing that, but IMHO it stalls faster and is more prone to injury because of the angle.
Also most people don't touch chest because they lack mobility, hence progressing it becomes a matter of ending the reps higher and higher, making it really hard for oneself to judge whether strength improvement has happened or if it actually just was a cheat rep.

If you're saying nattys don't need more than bench and ohp I agree but there is a scene in pumping iron in which arnold goes full retard on the cable flies. Since you obviously havent seen the movie yet, I must ask:
Do you even lift?

omg i can deadlift 500 lbs after a year of lifting but my bench is 220. bench is meme exercise cant make gains on it. better stop doing it

i wasn't talking where you can move the most weight, i was talking about what's better for aesthetics and everything i listed is far better for it than flat bench

pushups are really good and basically the same biomechanic as bench but feel much more natural to do. if you can weight them they are even better. that goes for ALL bw exercises

>more prone to injury because of the angle
This is either true or I'm doing them wrong

Strength = size

Post your chest, twink

>Strength = size
youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg

provided your not using some retarded arch trick, strength more or less=size, but keep memeing

I don't get it. That guy has massive breasts

Goals.mp4

Even bear gryls cannot overpower skinheads

I hate Veeky Forums and every other fucking autistic retard in this thread. Do everyone else a favour and kys

> overhead press

> not fucked up shoulders

pick one

I favor trump over the other option which was hillary, but good God people like this make me embarrassed to say so.

>antifascists
>all wearing uniforms
I can't wait for these fucksticks to start marching in my city

If you can't strict press without fucking your shoulders up, they were fucked to begin with

He only trains for flat bench and look at his chest and shoulders

>tfw no high test fairy skinhead bf

Incline is an essential supplement to flat bench, it is very helpful for mass and strength, and it's an excellent way to make sure you are stacking your shoulders correctly and activating your chest when you perform the push. For sheer development of mass, however, you simply can't perform the same volume with incline that you can with flat bench.

What does stacked shoulders mean? Is it just retracting your scapula?

pic related, it's you

utterly false

Same weight I'm sure.

More or less. It's keeping your shoulders out of the movement. It's easy to say "just retract your scapula" but it's important keep your shoulders and back pulled tightly, not just inward but also downward. It's possible to retract your scapulae and to shrug your shoulders upward (toward your ears) during bench, but if you stack them down and back you're less likely to stretch your shoulders out of place.

nice excuse for having a shit bench, m8y

Is it Antifas better run (like in we hunt antifas) or Antifas. Better tun (like in, we are antifas, run away from us)?

Without proper grammar, it's impossible to know.