$20 a week for food?

Canadian Veeky Forumsizens, I'm pretty fucked money wise and I have just over $20 a week for food. What should I buy to get the most out of my money for the week? I might be able to get a job in a few months to increase it, but I can't spend anymore until then.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qiSg6lwIItU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oatmeal

youtube.com/watch?v=qiSg6lwIItU

oatmeal, rice, beans, befriend your local butcher to get sick deals on meat, eggs, milk

buy some boneless chicken breast at .79 a lb and fry that shit up

only buy 5 dollars worth of meat for the week. the rest should be spent on the largest cheapest bag of frozen veg and rice/beans/lentils. you could probably buy a 2.50 pack of of the single serve quick oatmeal if you wanted too. anything left over spend it on eggs.

rice
beans
oats
potatoes

theres a reason people at this a lot during the poort times

Buy cheap peanuts, great nutritional value and if you buy some ghetto brand it can end up extremely cheap too

I'm pretty sure most meats go for ~$6-9.

Will do, thanks man.

>$20 a fucking week
>buy single serve oatmeal
Certified retard

Rice
Beans
Eggs
Oats
Peanut butter
Bagels

it is pretty stupid since a 2lb bag can go for as little as 2$

>currently bulking on rice and beans, vegetables and oats

fucking kill me

Beans and rice man. It isn't fun

eggs are cheap nigga cmon

You're basically fucked for $20 a week in Canada. I live in Toronto and spend $20 - $30 a day on food just to hit my food goals.

I feed a family of 5 on 250 a month, no shit. Every meal has rice or pasta, buy 10lb bags of chicken at .59/lb .99 cent large cans of pasta sauce, chili/beans, homemade enchiladas, no overpriced beef, just chicken, tilapia, pork, cheese plus beans, rice, pasta. Have about 12 different recipes we cycle between....

literallywhere

Live in the south, if you are poor and live north of Kansas you are a retard.

.79 cent chicken is norm, I buy 50lbs when it hits .49/.59

>boneless chicken breasts
>79 cents/per lb
Piiiiiiickerooni

holy fuck americans are stupid

He said he was Canadian in the OP you retard

..... Canada, north of Kansas, yup
Retards confirmed. You guys are stupid.

Here I'll add a qualifier, if you are poor and don't mind the lack of the rule of law, live south of Texas, otherwise, south of Kansas.... Canada included faggots.

No one gives a shit about shithole southern USA you retard, OP clearly specified that he lives in Canada
Don't try to BS your way out of this because you made yourself look like a complete moron on the internet

Canned tuna? In US one small can is $1 which has about 26g of protein. Chicken breast is always good too if the sea shit is too much. 4 oz will give you about 11-13g of protein.

Carbs: Rice.

Veggies: I'd recommend lettuce + spinach or some other in season veggie of your choice. Lettuce makes a good base for mixing but the only thing you gain out of it is water.

Drinks: Man up and go water 24/7.

Sauces: Will be your life savor. Hot Sauce, buffalo, saracha, etc are worth while investments.

what's up with the oat everyone talking about?

I understand how good it is, but how do you eat it/what are some simple recipes?

Consider alternate day fasting.

That's exactly what he's doing

150g oats, 400-500ml whole milk, 2 small apples. Grate apples into bowl, put oats and milk in that bowl, stir then wait 5-10 minutes. Eat.

+1100 calories, 33g protein, 29g fat. Tasty.

This

I quit lifting because it cost too much for food to make gains

thanks for that!

im not sure how this is going to taste like, but ill try it

You're welcome. It'll taste apple-y and slightly nutty/creamy. It won't be as overwhelmingly sweet as those little packets of flavoured oats and it will be chewier than oatmeal but it will be nice.

Also, oats are steamed as part of the milling process so they're already cooked by the time you buy them. So don't worry about eating them "raw"

>Thought only I watch their shit
>quality youtube channel

RICE AND BEANS

get your complete proteins and complex carbs bro you'll make it

Peanut butter can be dirt cheap and also gives you shitloads of calories for not much of it, as well as fat and protein