>some women even said I should model
>personally think I'm a solid 6.5/10 from the way I look in mirrors
>take a picture of myself
>jawline disappears
>face looks wide, fat, and shorter than in the mirror
>crooked everything
>turn into a 2/10 disgusting piece of shit and lose all confidence

fuck Veeky Forums please help me I don't know what to believe anymore

does anyone else suffer from the same issue?
are some people just extremely unphotogenic?
and no I'm not posting my pic here cause fuck that shit

>are some people just extremely unphotogenic?

yes it's a thing

how does this make any sense though?
attractive people are attractive in person therefore they should look attractive in photos too

I'm not even trying to say I'm super attractive or anything but Id just figure with all the compliments I get that I'd at least be above average...

I have the same problem. It's because you aren't relaxed and natural around the camera. I always looked like shit in pictures, until someone took of me, without me knowing about it.

There's also an art to photography which most people don't care about. This is an example of how the same shot can change depending on the lens used.

And here's a really shit comparison of lighting directions. See how much of a difference it makes?

what the fuck
I didn't know about any of this shit, but I suppose it makes sense

it just seems weird though that some people can take random selfies without regards to the lighting or anything technical and still look fine

Dude, are you me?

>play for high school soccer team
>they bring in a photographer to take some shots to advertise the program
>photographer picks me to be the "model"
>tells me how to pose and stuff
>remember he says something about "very strong and confident"
>take a look at the pictures on his camera screen after
>looks like the neanderthal exhibit at the smithsonian
>pictures never get used
cont.
>work in retail
>mention to a customer that i dont have instagram
>says i should get it because i have muscles
>take photo for cbt
>"DYEL you look like a failed abortion"

>>looks like the neanderthal exhibit at the smithsonian
I lold

Spoilers: people who post millions of selfies probably take ten times as many photos as they post, even though they know the most flattering ways to shoot. There's effort put into it, however vapid it may be.

5/10 face but

You're just ugly , deal with it. And of course some girls will say something to be nice or you may seem relatively attractive compared to an even uglier girl. Everything is relative, so just stay away from places with pretty people

Take a video to see what is real, increase distance to camera to ~2m for highest accuracy.

Be advised that you are probably still a 3-4/10 though, everyone overrates their appearance.

>I feel fat today, Veeky Forums, please tell me I'm pretty

Go hang around your grocery sluts if you want headpats, Chad.

i think this type of post is more appropriate for facebook or some other blogging website

do you think I walk up to girls and ask them if they think I'm attractive?
they're the ones coming up to me

it's not me over rating my appearance, I get compliments all the time without even fishing for it from randoms

put some effort into it. Take a lot of photos of your self and see how you can make yourself look better on camera

people coming up to you and complimenting you is a common way of breaking the ice in a nice way. are you a NEET who's not used to normie ways? you're taking their comments way too seriously. it's already been shown in studies that guys have a tendency to basically think that girls want the D, when in reality they couldn't be further from the truth.
but hey, everything relative- as long as you find a girl that seems relatively attractive compared to you, what else matters?

thats a bad example, his face looks attractive in both pics (left a bit moreso imo). also im pretty sure that contrast in body was mostly due to him sucking it in/tightening his muscle, not because of some magic camera or lighting tricks

There's definitely lighting shenanigans. First photo the lighting is straight on facing him (looks like a more natural light source than a lamp), whereas the light is positioned above in the second image and is better diffused to boot.

But yeah, the rest is from flexing, leaning forwards slightly and having a wider stance if you look at what his legs are doing.

you are used to seeing yourself in the mirror, which means that you are used with the mirrored image of yourself. when someone takes a picture of you, then your face is flipped and you think you look ugly as fuck, although you look normal to everybody else.
use good natural lighting (near a window for example) and take a selfie from above your eyes. if the image is flipped then flip the picture to match your mirror image and see that you look normal.

To add to your point, this is slightly more autistic but you could do the 90 degree mirror trick

>are some people just extremely unphotogenic?
yes, I am one of them. I also know people that look like shit in real life, but transform into models when photographed.

I personally hate being photographed and would rather be good looking in real life

same shit, only that every photo of me is a mugshot

>notice myself in mirrors often
>Looking nice, 7.5-8/10, patchy beard accentuating jawline, hairy really looking good and making my face looks real defined
>eyes are forward
Then when it comes to photos
>Have practically NO jaw whatsoever, think about accidentally turning the front camera on on your phone
>beard looks creepy
>eyes never focusing on what they should
>hair makes my face look weird
I've had a lazy right eye for my entire life. it's not permanently crossed but it comes and goes and it's always worse when I have to look at a camera.