Ketosis and Stronglifts 5x5

tl;dr: Skinnyfat semi-Beginner on Keto cutting diet - should I do SL 5x5 in keto bulking/maintenance to switch to regular diet?

>do brosplit for a year in 2014
>gym has shitty equipment, crowded, too far away, excuses...
>quit and grow belly fat
>start cutting on keto at 600kcal deficit 2 months ago
>lost 22 lbs (10kg) over the last 2 months (185lbs -> 165lbs / 85 -> 75kg at 183cm / 6ft)
>used this calculator ketogains.com/ketogains-calculator/
>build home gym
>start SL 5x5
>not sure if I should bulk in keto, maintenance or cut or switch diets completely

I love keto and don't want to quit. I have energy throughout the day, I never feel hungry. None of my old clothes fit me anymore.
The only issues I have are a little keto rash.

Should I stay in Keto and bulk for SL 5x5? Or maintenance eat? Or switch diets completely?
I don't want a normal diet again. The keto diet is too perfect. More energy and the food is delicious. Not getting tired of it so far.

T-Thanks Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/Shoshomiga
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you me?

We got the exact same height and I started doing keto and lifting three weeks ago with the goal to drop from 85kg to 73

I'm stuck at 83 though but I've gotten way stronger on my lifts since then

Why don't you go to a regular gym?
How many calories total per day were you eating in the last 2 months?

>ketosis

Stop, please.

How much do you weigh and whats your bf%

The only viable gym is a 40 minute commute there and back.
It's super crowded, has only a single squat rack.

I ate 1500 kcal per day at first, then switched to 1400 kcal once I hit the 80kg (176 lbs) milestone

I feel great

I walk 45 minutes every time I go to the gym and it has a single squat rack, super crowded etc, but I really like going because there are people there and I have no friends

Did you get rid of your belly?
You should post some pictures so we can estimate your body fat

If you're already skinny then cutting is only going to make you look more skinny. I would either eat at maintenance and recomp or go on a clean bulk. Eating at a deficit is only going to take you so far on SL anyway. I would be surprised if you got past a 2pl8 squat without hitting a wall.

But Ketosis on Maintenance won't impair my progress compared to a regular diet, right?

Keto has been the only diet that really appealed to me. It feels so natural and healthy. I would love to do SL and eat Keto at maintenance while doing it if it's possible.

I don't have any friends either. I'm not socially awkward. The issue has rather been that people talk to me too much and distract me. That's on top of the fucking 5 bros occupying the only bench for an hour.

As long as you get enough protein and calories you should be able to gain muscle while staying in ketosis

Hey if you have discord you can add me, maybe we can talk and share some information since we seem to be in a similar spot

My tag is shoshomiga#6601

I'm not a keto expert but I don't see the point in doing it unless its at a deficit. Since you're a beginner you should be able to burn fat and gain muscle at maintenance on a regular diet. I imagine at some point keto will hinder your gains since too much protein will knock you out of ketosis.

Yeah, sure

I don't have discord unfortunately
How about Steam, pidgin, telegram?

Thanks for the input

>too much protein will knock you out of ketosis.
Yeah, that was my concern also. At 10% surplus I get around 2000kcal.
Ketogains calculates 163g of protein.

I want to stay on Keto not because I want to punish myself or get extra gains, but because it's the best thing that happened to my life in quite a while. It's delicious and I feel great.

You can add me on steam steamcommunity.com/id/Shoshomiga

I've been eating over 200g of protein for a few days and I feel fine

If you mainly like the food why would you worry about staying in strict ketosis mode?

If you want to stay on Keto, then stay on keto man. Just be sure to supplement with an electrolyte product (I really like the raspberry Ultima replenish) and possibly a cal-mag-zinc supplement as well. Multivitamins are also good, and using MCT like coconut oil can give you energy all day between meals. Remember to hydrate excessively, especially if you drink coffee the body uses a lot more water in a keto metabolic state.

All the people who say keto is a meme diet have probably never suffered from inefficient insulin processing like you and others have. Living a life based on carbohydrate highs and lows is a miserable existence.

Look around you in society and observe what all the normies and idiots are eating in excess: carbs and sugar. So, don't do that. See where it gets you.

Remember when the fucking USDA told an entire generation of kids they needed 8-10 servings of bread a day? But should only eat sugar and sweets sparingly?

Your body processes that bread into glucose, so there's really not much difference except dietary fiber which you can get (much more healthily) from vegetables.

All the mindless foods like French fries, potato chips, etc are like a drug to your little rat hindbrain. Your tolerance to that drug increases with excessive use. This is how people develop diabetes.

Carbohydrate overload is the leading cause of obesity and heart disease in the developed world. Ignore the naysayers. If it's working for you and makes your life better, you don't really have a reason to stop.

If you find yourself lacking in energy, consider using Phenylalanine (sometimes in conjunction with Tyrosine) before your workouts to help keep your CNS on point.

Keto is difficult (at first), socially maladjusted (society is cancer), and requires a lot of research and self-regulation. That's why it's not for everyone.

As for me, I'll keep calm and Keto on since it helps, it works, and it is fucking delicious.

Hey mate

Thanks for your input.
Exactly, those are the conclusions I've drawn over the past weeks also.

What do you do in social situations? Like a dinner with family or friends that would knock you out of keto?

I feel terrible in the phase of re-entering keto once I'm knocked out.

If you're tracking your calories right there's no real reason why you can't eat fatty foods AND have carbs. You won't be in ketosis but if its the taste that you like then you're really just missing out by not having carbs.

Just ask the waiter if you can sub something in place of carbs. Plenty of places wouldn't mind subbing a salad or vegetables in place of potatoes, rice, chips, etc, just avoid crutons and try to get olive oil instead of a dressing.

If anybody gives you shit for it, just say you've eaten a lot today and only want a light dinner.

I haven't been able to reconcile alcohol with keto quite yet so I just avoid it. It has lots of calories and really kicks in carb cravings, not to mention the dehydration.

It's ridiculous how many people will just blindly defend a carb based diet to you, even though they themselves are 50+ lbs overweight. It's almost like their gut is controlling their brain, instinctively justifying its consumption habits. Very very strange.

Carbohydrates are insidious, pointless and they're everywhere.

Now ask yourself: why?

ketosis emulates a state of starvation.
you will not be able to build muscle easily, specially if you don't have god tier genetics.

just eat fucking normally please.

Source?

Or are you just talking out of your ass?

Do you even know why keto became a thing?
Keto is literally intended for emulating a fast which is literally only useful for people with specific health issues like epilepsy or very sedentary lifes.

Keto causes adrenal fatigue, thyroid issues, can destroy your gains and makes it very difficult on your food choices.

What's stupid is that it isn't even better than non keto for losing fat and gaining muscle.
In fact a good ammount of carbs and proteins and low fats will be far better for it.
Carbs help protecting muscles from protein breakdown in caloric defficits, giving you a higher muscle protein synthesis balance at the end of the day.

It takes a lot of protein to knock you out of keto. Don't worry about it. Still get 0.8 to 1g of protein.

Keto works.

BUT MUH CARBS ARE WHAT BUILDS MUSCLES

no you fucktards. Protein synthesis will still happen in keto.

Normies and fatfucks who do keto don't eat enough protein cuz they're afraid of being out of keto.

If you lift, get a lot of protein.

Do targeted keto OP

Once your are in ketosis, which you seem to already be, you have 50-70g carbs around your workout when you want to use them, and keto the rest of the time. It's not ideal for hypertrophy, but you can surely get stronger and lose fat this way.

Personally I like a beer or a sweet potato after my workouts, and maybe some maple syrup in my coffee pre-workout.

There's no way you're not based Canadian poster.