I bike 14 miles in 33 min, so why is it so hard to run 2?

I bike 14 miles in 33 min, so why is it so hard to run 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Watts/Kg_for_60_minute_40km_time_trial._P2619855/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bikes are more efficient than legs

Running is higher impact and way more technique dependent.

I don't know man. I just went 75 miles in my car in an hour. Tried running that and didn't even come close.

You're more used to biking

Who is that

You're putting strain on your shin and joints when you put all your weight on each leg separately into the pavement or whatever you're running on and you do this repeatedly in such a quick motion.

Human Beings don't walk on all fours so our weight isn't balanced proportionately for running like cheetahs, tigers, dogs etc.

this

lol, you are 100% full of shit
>14 miles in 33 min
>2.35714285714 minute / mile
>converts to 25.454545454576 mph
>Google search top: How fast does a cyclist ride?
>According to "Bicycling Magazine," the average Tour de France rider maintains an average speed of 25 to 28 mph on flats, or a 2:24 to 2:08 minute mile. On mountainous terrain, pros make climbing look effortless as they ascend at about 21 to 25 mph, or 2:51 to 2:24 minutes per mile.
>OP is apparently a goddamn tour de france level cyclist
yeah no brah, you're full of SHIT

>average Tour de France rider maintains an average speed of 25 to 28 mph on flats

Maintains, as in, over hours and days at a time.

you must be OP since apparently your perception completely ignored the part right before that
>the average Tour de France rider maintains an average speed of 25 to 28 mph on flats, or a 2:24 to 2:08 minute mile.
>flats

>Human Beings don't walk on all fours so our weight isn't balanced proportionately for running like cheetahs, tigers, dogs etc.

How come we're the only species capable for running 10+ miles, though?

to pace the,selves for an incredibly long ride

kek

horse

I run 2 miles 6 days a week and I'm a fat fuck who smokes and eat junk food.

It's not hard.

they're saying that the overall average flatland speed is 25-28 mph, and the ascension speed on a mountain is 21-25mph. OP claims to be pulling over 25 mph, i.e. the same flatland average speed of a professional tour de france cyclist.

So some Kenyan runs a marathon averaging six minute miles and that means it's impossible for a normal person to hit a six minute mile. Word.

that's because you regularly run, if it was never hard at firs then you were jogging

Biking is one of the most efficient forms of locomotion

Running isn't even close

In fact when I bike I'm almost never out of breath even if my legs are in pain

>quotes flats speed
>replies to the mountain speed
you need glasses user

>biking is easier than running
holy shit I had no idea

>run

sound like a self defense mechanism to protect your ego. of course the kenyans breaking world records are going to run better than a normal person- athletes at the very top usually have genetic advantages to their sport; in the case of the kenyan it would be more fast twitch or slow twitch fibers. I'm surprised this isn't obvious to you, but then again the mind does some amazing acrobatics to help maintain the ego

Sorry you're incapable of busting your ass for 33 minutes.

No, it was an analogy so you could understand the logic you are using. You on the other hand sound like you're using a self defense mechanism to protect your ego. The rest of your post literally does not pertain to anything he said and is just a basic explanation of some stuff. What relevance does an athlete being faster than a normal person or top athletes having good genetics or your pathetic shitflinging have? Start using your brain and learn to process things.

Humans can run further than horses because running on two legs expends less energy than on four. Also, we sweat and can drink while running. Horses can't do neither.

so? you said no other animal is capable of running 10+ miles. you are just wrong. I don't care that humans can run farther for those reasons, I know that

>reddit tier humor

You have to go back.

>How come we're the only species capable for running 10+ miles, though?

>he actually believed that stupid distance running meme

Bunk unproven science.

okay, so you're seriously claiming you ride at the level of a professional tour de france cyclist, the top in the world? is this your claim? because you seriously need evidence for that kind of claim. video? what kind of device did you even use to measure? because that's one hell of a claim to make. its MUCH more likely that you're full of shit and think you're wayyyyy better than you are.
>No, it was an analogy so you could understand the logic you are using.
it was a poor analogy and I explained why in my previous post, top athletes by definition are different than "normal" people because their genetics are abnormal. I guess you're just ignoring this because you again want to protect your ego.
>You on the other hand sound like you're using a self defense mechanism to protect your ego.
really? how? you didn't explain, it sounds more like a toddler going "I know you are, but what am I"
>The rest of your post literally does not pertain to anything he said and is just a basic explanation of some stuff
well its no surprise you didn't comprehend it, you completely ignored the part where I explain why your analogy was shit.
>What relevance does an athlete being faster than a normal person or top athletes having good genetics or your pathetic shitflinging have?
it means your analogy- the entirety of your argument on that post- is baseless shit
> Start using your brain and learn to process things.
I just fully processed your bullshit and made a goddamn flower patch for you to learn and grow from. you should be grateful.

if you were some guy claiming to deadlift lmao 6pl8 Veeky Forums would be in hysterics asking for proof; this is basically the same thing except there's not many people on fit that understand cyclying statistics to point this out.

I'm literally not even OP, just someone capable of running a six minute mile. Have you ever actually tried hard at anything? Maintaining a really good pace on a bike for a half hour is nothing like maintaining that same speed for a whole day, then the next day, then the day after that.

If you A) ever played a varsity sport OR B) have a 1000lbs total OR C) can actually run five miles without needing to walk at some point in the middel, I'll eat my fucking keyboard.

Can't we all just agree that running is hard? At the very least, endurance running is not something you can just easily step into, I think some user was talking about technique earlier.

Cringe

What's the line between jogging and running?

I usually go 2 miles in under 15 minutes

>six minute mile.
>The Women’s 1500 Meters (.932 miles)
Ladies, the standard for the 1500 meters is 4:06. That translates to a 4:24 mile, or a 66 second lap around the track. If you can run one lap at this pace, you are a whopping 25 percent of an Olympian.
so you're nowhere near the time of a female Olympian, so again I have no idea where your claims are coming from. you clearly do not come anywhere near the standard of a top professional athlete's performance, so whats your argument?

running (0wheels) < bike (2wheels) < car (4wheels) < rollerblades (8fuckingwheels)

it's basic math

nothing beats the cringe of OP's delusion. I bet you he's a fat guy, like that one meme pic of the fat chick that claims to run a 4 minute mile

Dogs and horses and a bunch of others can do all that. Outside of mammals, pretty much any flightless bird is able to run and run and run.

no, he didnt claim he runs at the level of a top tour de france cyclist, because they dont go for short distances.

>it was a poor analogy and I explained why in my previous post, top athletes by definition are different than "normal" people because their genetics are abnormal. I guess you're just ignoring this because you again want to protect your ego.
That doesnt refute the analogy at all.
>really? how? you didn't explain, it sounds more like a toddler going "I know you are, but what am I"
because you think you're right and you're defending your retarded opinion
>well its no surprise you didn't comprehend it, you completely ignored the part where I explain why your analogy was shit.
no you didnt
>it means your analogy- the entirety of your argument on that post- is baseless shit
no it doesnt
I just fully processed your bullshit and made a goddamn flower patch for you to learn and grow from. you should be grateful.
im not grateful for you being another retard on this planet.

marathon record holders can run around 5 minute miles. it is very achievable for amateur athletes to reach under that mile pace 10ks. these are normal people doing anbormal things at a lesser distance. They dont need the best genetics in the world to do this, neither does op.

Idea: rollerblades ON THE HANDS.

Double idea: rollerblades WHILE DRIVING A CAR.

You're really really really fucking stupid. You just took my argument and are now using it to say it supports your point. If OP claims he can bike (for a very short amount of time) the same pace the TDF cyclicst do (for a very fucking long time), that's a believable claim. He's not Lance Armstrong, he's some guy who can ride almost as fast as him for a very short distance.

How fat are you? 7.5min miles is slow for a runner, but ok fir average joe

Plus they are all hopped up on epo

>14 miles in 33 min

no you dont

Pic for reference?

no idea, i said at the start though. op probably doesnt normally run and running is usually hard when you're new

if the speed were maintained, it'd convert to a ~59 minute 40km TT. with a good position on a TT bike, you'd be needing an FTP in the low 200s according to people on slowtwitch (forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Watts/Kg_for_60_minute_40km_time_trial._P2619855/)

it's very doable. i've only been cycling for about 8 months and my estimated FTP is 257W

OP is still probably lying, though

to quote from elsewhere:

"Also, check out this test done by German Tour Magazine.

They tested Uwe Peschel with all the different aero bits, and you can see how much drag was cut when each change was made. Once again, I think it's on an indoor velodrome

Required output to maintain 45 kph on a:

Standard road bike, hands on hoods = 465 Watts
Same bike, hands down on the drops = 406 watts
Same bike with aero bars = 369 Watts
Same bike, triathlon position (5.5 cm lower bar, saddle forwards)= 360 Watts
Same bike, as above, with 2 tri spoke wheels = 345 Watts

Cervelo TT bike with 2 tri spoke wheels = 328 Watts
Cervelo TT bike with tri spoke front & disk rear = 320 Watts
Cervelo TT bike, tri spoke front & disk rear + aero helmet = 317 Watts
Cervelo TT bike, same as above + skin suit = 307 Watts
Cervelo TT bike, same as above, with saddle pushed back 3cm = 293 Watts"

bear in mind that this is 45 kph, not 40 kph. given that the OP didn't specify any equipment/positioning he's almost certainly full of shit

>funny joke that isn't racist
>"reddit tier"
go back to 9gag and stop trying to fit in

OP's time would put him @ rank ~50 of last years tour de france time trial

now lets see: OP probably doesnt ride a 10k+ $ bike, doesnt ride on closed roads which are perfectly maintained and definitely could run 2 miles if he was anywhere close to the time he posted.

my guess? ergometer stats

Dumb frog poster

yeah, him being on a turbo trainer (or rollers) is a good shout—i didn't think of that

(ITTs at Grand Tours are a little misleading, though. unless someone is going for yellow, white or the stage win, there's not much point in a rider tiring themselves. that's not to imply that OP could even get through in the time limit, let alone place 50th.)

FTP doesn't relate well to road cycling power or speed. Very few top road cyclists average 250W, two main reasons being that their power output varies significantly, and they're more about being light af than powerful.

It looks a little suspicious, but I've seen road times like this before. If you have plenty of straight roads with no stops going downhill plenty of people hit 25+.

14 miles in 33 minutes on a bike trainer or outdoors (without tailwind)? No way you can actually bike 14miles in 33min and not be able to run.
t.triathlete with top tier times

>finally a humorous post that isn't aimed at faggots, jews, muslims, niggers, liberals
>wahh reddit
go back to pol sunshine

Lol my dude, you're a bit off. Pro/1/2 races have ftp's of much higher than 250. You're right that ftp doesn't translate well, but top road cyclists definitely average higher than 250, and the average watts for the ride tend to be around that range, but it's a mix of attacks and sitting in, and it depends 100% on position of what your power output would be in the race

step away from the keyboard. go get some fresh air.