What's wrong with Crossfit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nTF3oTlZysE?t=1012
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing but its easy to make fun of.

nothing, generally. seems like a great way to get fit. did wonders for my coworker.

expensive as fuck though so if you don't have a rich husband probably not worth it lol

Doing compound lifts with bad form for time instead of reps is an excellent recipe for injury

no regard for human safety

Why do you tripfag? Just stop it.

I saw a pregnant woman doing cleans in the crossfit class that operates within the gym i go to

They also try to enforce that nobody else is allowed to use their special plates and kettlebells. Like somebody might break them lmao

They're the fucking worst

Some of the exercises are cool, effective and fun. It's a good intro to bodyweight exercising.

Cons I can think of, it does nothing to promote good form. In fact, it seems to encourage bad form.
People with weak joints are prone to get really ugly injuries.
Also, its whole "subculture" (naming their workouts of the day girl names, trainers screaming all the time) is pretty obnoxious.

What the fuck was that?

because they say 'forging elite fitness' but this is their performance on a triathlon (jump to 16:52 and watch for a while)

youtu.be/nTF3oTlZysE?t=1012

It's douchey.

So is pretty much all fitness though, so go for it.

>tripfag
>vegan
>trap
>nothing wrong with crossfit
like pottery

Powerlifting = strength
Bodybuilding = aesthetics
Cardio categories = endurance
Yoga = flexibility
Sprinting/sports = speed and agility

crossfit = bragging about how many of a thing you did, and how you did 50 burpees after that without a rest. oh but i have to take a break for a month because my shoulder is really bothering me today. also do you want to go on that mud run next weekend? color run is the day after that, i can probably do both!

DEATH LIFT

Why do they accept those things as pull ups. They are not pull ups

It depends on the box's coach. Some coaches are good and know what they're doing; others are trash. It's easy to make fun of because the culture around it is so cringeworthy.

And there are plenty of CrossFit boxes in my area. When shadowing a dermatologist, I was talking to an athletic trainer and he said that CrossFit was the best thing that happened to his practice.

Boxing is superior to fagfit in every way.

Get fit
Learn to fight
Cheap
Roasties love it

Well, of course. More people getting off their asses and moving about leads to more injuries. When I was snowboarding every weeked I used to get injured more often.

Pretty much this. Crossfitters train for mediocrity across all spectrums of fitness and then act as though that cumulative mediocrity makes them Navy SEALs.

Not to mention the fact that it's literally cheaper to hire Jeff Seid as my personal trainer for a year than it is to buy a 6 month membership at my local "box."

The only thing you need to know about CrossFit, is that if they couldn't show off or brag about it on social media, etc..... At least 85% of it's practitioners wouldn't do it.

Wrong. Crossfit = strength, aesthetics, endurance, flexibility, speed & agility. All of the above, faggot.

I squat, deadlift and OHP more than I ever did when just working on lifting alone. Also I can C&J & Snatch close to my bodyweight as well as having a higher level of cardio endurance.

Don't be an ignorant cunt just because you've only ever seen that 1 video of those retards at that Albany gym and think that's what all of Crossfit is like.

>B-but those clips of people lifting with bad form

Go into any gym in the world and there's plenty of Curlbros with horrid form. You're one of those people who probably brags about how much weight you "lift" on the leg press.

Also, Crossfit girls are more attractive than cardio bunnies.

Because they distinguish them between strict, kipping and butterfly. There's not just one kind of pullup. Just like there's multiple ways to do chest flyes or bicep curls.

Considering you're probably breaking workouts into chest, arms and chest days it's not surprising you didn't know this.

This cultist obsession with "crossfit" is what is wrong with it.

You're just crosstraining while paying an arm and a leg to a cunt who patented the term "crossfit" and sells instructor badges just like in a fucking cult. Just for the bragging rights.

It's a scam. Does it work? Sure. But it's still a scam.

>extremely expensive
>does high rep compound movements that leads to shit form
>meme shit like kettle bells and power cleans that is literally useless unless you are an actual athlete
>Shit like box jumps that will fuck up your joints
>Push pseudo science like the paleo diet.
>weird ass races were the goal is to 'win' instead of to make the most gains, this leads to dumb shit like kipping pull ups.

I went there a year and I made decent gains but it was twice as hard as making gains in any other gym due to wasting your time doing meme shit

/thread

poor programming, encouraging high number of reps in the least time possible over high quality reps (injury), depending on the location there may be low quality trainers.
The programming is the biggest flaw of cross fit in my opinion. There is no progressive overload and you may only do a compound lift such a bench a handful of times in a year so there is no room for progression.

completely accurate. I didnt believe the memes but my dad started doing crossfit (he is overweight so I'm not going to say its bad because ANY exercise is good for him.) But when he talks to me about lifting and I say oh I added 5 lbs. to my squat today he will go on about doing pull ups then running 200m then doing bodyweight squats. Its just glorified cardio training

Have you ever been to a crossfit gym? Coaches get on your ass if your form is off.