Veeky Forums careers

what do you all do for a living? Are you fulfilled? Does it affect your fitness goals?

I'm currently in an unsatisfying job and im looking for inspiration. I feel like i'm getting too old to go back to school for too long so i was thinking about getting into a skilled trade.

pic related is the only thing I'm better at than most people.

Other urls found in this thread:

10fastfingers.com/user/1002278/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is typing so comfy bros?
My best is 140 wpm.

I don't know user, I enjoy doing it but I type in a really inefficient way so I think I've hit my speed ceiling.

My average is 125, fastest is 140. I'm kinda similar to you in that I had a NEET lifestyle for a while, and now I'm not sure what to do for work. I fixed my fatness, but it takes time to fix my lack of skills and I'm not sure I'll be able to find a job with such a huge gap of years between work. Probably have to settle for some pretty low level shit. I wish there were something I could get for typing.

I'm a bartender
I mean it's fun and i get to talk too alot of people. stopped like 3 girls from drinking roofies
I work at night obviously so i can workout in the day
> I use these underneath the bar

how the fuck is that shit possible. if i'm really going i could maybe top out at 75 wpm.

Roleplaying on AOL as a kid. Not even kidding.

>mfw I average 160 wpm on typeracer

literally no one cares in the real world user
sorry

I'm not a NEET necessarily but I'm not far away from one I guess. I work at costco for like 14 dollars an hour and i have an associates degree for transferring to a university but I got that like 6 years ago and I don't know if its wise to go to university and go back into debt with how over saturated white collar work is.

My fastest ever was like 152 on typeracer but I failed the like "confirmation" speed test after that so my highest recorded is 146 as shown in Typing is fun but I don't think you can make good money off of it, you could be like a medical transcriptionist or stenographer but both pay pretty shit.
for me It's just spending way too much time in my youth playing online multiplayer games on the PC

You guys ever do typing competitions on 10fastfingers.com? They make me feel good about myself.

H-here's my profile 10fastfingers.com/user/1002278/ , compete in the US competitions, you'll see my name on the lists.

started working at UPS recently. I've had to eat like a fucking madman to hang on to my gains. five nights a week I hobble back into my house, take a shower, and pass out at about 4 in the morning.
it's a different kind of demand than weightlifting. strength, yes, but endurance strength. being good at squats, deadlifts, etc. does not significantly help with the workload.
on the other hand, my forearms and grip are worked intensely. the guys that really keep at the loading work have the most sickening forearms that I've ever seen

I never made an account on tenfastfingers I do most of my typing on typeracer, ten fast fingers is pretty cool though but I feel like I make more mistakes because its just a bunch of random words instead of a coherent paragraph.

Court typist here.. I do court transcripts from home for state supreme court

Chill as fuck tbqh, get paid per 100 words.. get to watch an interesting court case every day

Plus you can use autotext to speed up even more
e.g. type yh it becomes Your Honour... they say that 500 times a day that cuts 10 mins out of your work.. then do that with thousands of phrases

If you know your legal/medical terms you can usually find typing work through a typing company or a law firm user

im thinking about becoming a cop. my only concern is fitting lifting in with all the 12 hour shifts cops have to work

do you use that goofy shorthand machine?

I'm a combat veteran in college, when I'm done I'm going to either become a police officer or take the foreign services exam. If both of those fail then I'll probably go to law school.

Do you have to type it live, or do they record it and you transcript it?

I always wanted to be a typist.

I stopped going to college and became a personal trainer because I hated everything I was doing

how is that working out for you financially? I'm thinking about learning to become a personal trainer because the only thing i'm passionate about is fitness after losing 114 pounds.

It's not exactly viable long term but for now it's been fun, I'm working at an la fitness. If you want to end up doing it a long time you have to get some more education, really market yourself and run your own business.

Nope no shorthand machine, everything gets typed by someone remotely at least in my experience.

Someone records a courtroom in another state and the sound files get uploaded to the server. I connect through VPN, download the sound and type it on a normal keyboard from home. Everything's organised over skype.

It's not exactly typed live but for a trial or something we complete it asap, so we get the morning typed by lunchtime then the arvo typed by the end of the day. Great gig honestly, it's comfy as fuck.

that sounds fucking awesome. I have a 130-135 average wpm and find typing so relaxing. I would kill for a job like that.

Working as a PO, it's pretty cool. We have a okay gym at work.

Outside Sales in Oil and Gas Industry. 25 y/o, majored in Industrial Distribution.

ID is an amazing major, and I love what I do. Literally golf and talk shop with cool people all day every day. Make pretty good money.

Probation Officer?
Mind if i ask you a couple questions?

Prison officer actually

being a normie defined

I'd go back to the trades in a heartbeat. I was a power lineman for 2 years, made it halfway through my apprenticeship, then got laid off. Now I design the lines I used to build - it pays decently and I don't have to bust my ass in shitty weather anymore, but I miss the physicality and satisfaction I'd feel after finishing a structure. You can't get that working with paper.

One thing that sucks is having to drive to shitty places like midland and okc, but it's okay because not my truck and not my gas. Company gives a new f150 every 2 years and a gas card, about to pick up my second one since working here. Pretty pumped, gonna get white I think.

I don't understand how autistic half of you people are but the humor threads always crack me up. Don't really get "REEEEEEE" desu.

I have a sizable inheritance that I was granted recently but I keep going to work anyway as an accountant. I thought about quitting but I find my job sort of cathartic in a weird way. I like working with numbers and my coworkers are kind to me. I'll probably just work until I retire, worst case scenario my kids will get a lot of money in case the economy takes a big shit again or I die benching in my homegym without a spotter.

I'm a grad student in physics, pretty long hours and stuff but it's very stimulating and I find the time to work out throughout the week.

This sounds like a great idea user. Keep doing work if you like it, and treat yourself to some nice food or an exciting trip every once in a while.

Yee props to you user. Most would just quit work.

Despite attempts to the contrary stenography is pretty much dead now in most places. No career in something where 99% of positions have been laid off in recent years.

just keep living normally and treat yourself every once in a while

smart user

programmer
no
no
because we are autistic

mirin' scores itt

pic related ain't bad for an amateur, right babes?

phd student in theoretical computer science

spent most of my high school years building IRC botnets
stopped doing that when people I knew and who had massive botnets started going to prison for several years.

now I do theory because I like math.

I'm a lab tech. I get a cheap membership at a nice gym through the company, so that's nice I guess.