I have a question, Veeky Forums

I have a question, Veeky Forums

If calories in and calories out are all that matter, and everything is either protein, fat, carbohydrate or ethanol, then why is 'clean eating' encouraged and praised and everything? I mean, if I want to lose weight, I should eat 2380 calories with 160g protein, 60g fats and 300g carbs. Why does it matter if this comes from sugar or from a potato? Why does it matter if I have 7 scoops of protein as opposed to a load of chicken?

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here. I get that fruit and vegetables are filling and stuff but TECHNICALLY there is no real reason to eat them. You could bring up micronutrients, sure, but that means shit all when it comes to how you look.

Is clean eating really as big a joke as it seems?

Anyone who thinks "calories in calories out" is all there is to it is a joker

No fucking idea. I've dropped from 235 to 211 in less than two months by just doing flexible dieting. It's not making me healthy, but I am seeing tangible results. I'm not sure how clean eating would affect my weight loss, but yeah. Just do you and keep getting gains man.

Here is last night's dinner
Whole steamed cauliflower, eggs + egg whites, cucumbers, tomatos, raw garlic clove, 1L of water

This is how you should eat if you want to look better, feel better and be aesthetic. This is the equivalent of putting race fuel in a Ferrari, while you're out there running on regular gas

Why would you eat raw garlic?

your body is not food-agnostic, digestion rates matter
taste/palatability/texture matters
stomach upset, diarrhea etc matter when exercising
vitamins, minerals, natural plant compounds and shit that we don't even know yet is good for us

you can eat dirty and lose weight, fitness is not purely about being a target weight.

>eaten off a washer
>pube touching your plate
>"be aesthetic"

you have to escape the basement before aesthetics matter jyzz

Calories are relevant to fat loss
Diet quality is related to health

hahaha yes this is an old-ass dryer but at least it's my own place.
just needs mopped ;)

I was a vegan for a year and have been lifting for 10 years. Raw garlic comes to mind when I think about great supplements for your diet. Not fucking pills or powder from the vitamin store or GNC. Just read up about it

This

I don't care if you were vegan I just wonder why any sane person would eat raw garlic over cooked garlic

Sortof like how biting from a raw onion like you would in an apple tastes like shit, but you have no problem eating some pan-fried fried

There are of course exception, but as far a whole foods go, the less tasty it is, the more beneficial it is to your body. If you cook it and then it tastes better, that means it lost something along the way

Yooo not OP but I just throw 2 bananas, a handful of pineapple slices, 3 strawberries, and a cup of mixed berries (black blue and rasp) into a blender and drink that shit. Also take a multivitamin.

Yall think that's good for my daily fruits/veggies? If not are there any vegetables I can put in a smoothie that aren't gross?

>Tfw running out of room on the blender

>Yall think that's good for my daily fruits/veggies?
smoothies aren't a good idea in general. too easily digested and it's basically just sugar paste, so it spikes that blood sugar like crazy. if no veg in there, odds are there's fuck all fiber compared to the rest of the sugar paste so you might end up with that mud butt.
you should just eat that stuff with your regular meals of the day, split it up. As in, just eat two bananas at BF, pineapple and strawberries for lunch, and the other berries for dinner. if you take a multivitamin you're good, those things always give at least 100% of everything you need. I take just half the dosage for those because other wise I'm just pissing out that second pill most likely. plus, too many of some vitamins can actually be bad for you. I use the one pill to simply fill any gaps. I always laugh when I go to GNC and see my vitamins for double the price they are at walmart next to the SUPER VITAMIN COMPLEX™ shit that has like 2500% of your daily vitamin B12. who the fuck thinks that a good product to buy?

but if you must eat via smoothies, yea throw in some greens. Kale or spinach is an excellent choice as their taste blends in with other foods well and has that fiber you might be lacking. Green beans aren't a bad choice either. I'm heard sweet potatoes/yams are stupidly good in fruit smoothies.

Bland bland bland.

I'm a chef too btw.

>You could bring up micronutrients, sure, but that means shit all when it comes to how you look.
wat

Nutrition is one of the most important parts of diet and affects your mental and physical healthy, not to mention your appearance over time.

Other reasons to eat clean:
>Less health risk
>Less correlated links to everything from cancers and heart attacks to diabetes and bowl problems
>More mentally alert
>Better triglycerides
>More filling and easier to lose weight

and these are just some of the widely studied benefits.

Yes, you can lose weight eating McDonalds and Snickers but you're just making more work for yourself and not taking yourself seriously as a human being.

This and only this

Because it's easier for general population who are ignorant to how the body actually works to believe

>Bland bland bland

So what if it's bland? Is it less healthy if it's bland ? It's less preparation I'll tell you that.
You wanna add some sort of unecessary carb/fat/salt element so that it feels yummy yummy going down your tummy Mr.Chef ?

You can lose weight eating nothing but junk and watching your calories. You wont have optimal energy levels and you might start to suffer from headaches and other conditions due to lack of nutrition.

To make things short your body needs those other nutrients to function properly. Eating junk wont deliver those.

This is what puts people off dieting, the taste.

Depending on how you prepare your vegetables/meats. Is a few tiny extra calories really going to make or break your gains?

I am always suspicious of vague, unsubstantiated claims like "cleanses the liver"