Eating healthy is easy!

>eating healthy is easy!
Tell that to the 44 million Americans who only get $29 per week in food stamps.

Meanwhile, you can get "unhealthy" food like chips, cookies, etc which give you the calories to actually SURVIVE for a lot less.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VpPDVqMltx8&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=yuedZ1Y_dU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is their $29 a week in food stamps intended to be their only source of money for food?

I mean, the name is Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. It feels as if it was meant to pad their money spent on food instead of be the only money for it.

Why do Americans feel the constant need to be given shit for free? "uhh hurr durr minimum wage is too low gib more" well minimum wage is not meant for your 40yo mother of two ass. "hurr durr can't live off stamps :( " well get a fucking job then? Buy frozen veggies and not fresh, don't buy expensive af eggs which don't fill and are low in calories. Buy tons of lentils and rice and frozen veggies and ur good to go.

Is that true? Why are vegetables so expensive in Burgerland? And why does this family need a new lime for every day? Like they're downing mojitos all the time

oh, also looking at the pic more, the fuck kind of shit did she buy? 1 fucked up expensive potato, some weird grass in right bottom corner, limes, 1 tomato and whatever is right up ?
Why not buy proper stuff like carrots? Cheap af, healthy, filling, CHEAP cheap. Potatoes in season are CHEAP af too. So are apples, those are cheap all the time.
God damn it, fucking hollywood bitch doesn't know shit.

>Veeky Forums can't even name their greens

>Limes
>Avocado
Nobody needs these and they are expensive.

she isn't dumb she is just promoting her agenda, you are dumb for falling for it desu

English is not my first language so I have no idea what's it called like in English.
I have SOME idea what it's called like in Czech but still shit all looks the same - green and crunchy unless cooked and munchy.

Don't know where the fuck you are shopping my man.

youtube.com/watch?v=VpPDVqMltx8&feature=youtu.be

Take that lime and avocado out.

>Tell that to the 44 million Americans who only get $29 per week in food stamps

How about going getting a job instead of relying on food stamps then?

GWYNETH PALTROW RECOMMENDED A $15,000 GOLDEN DILDO TO "NORMAL WOMEN" IN HER SEX TOY GUIDE. SHE IS CLEARLY OUT OF TOUCH WITH AVERAGE AMERICANS.

YET YOU TRUST HER TO TELL THE TRUTH ON THIS SHIT? THAT SHIT IS NOT 29 DOLLARS TRUST ME.

>7 limes

>S.N.A.P.
>Supplemental Nutrition ASSISTANCE Program

America is not a communist state, get off your fucking ass and get a job.

This guy went out of his way to buy the most expensive chips he could find ruining his entire point. That makes him as retarded as the people saying fast food is cheap.

There are a lot of places in the US where a minimum wage job is no where near enough to support kids, even if both parents have one. The person in the OP is some rich person trying to make a point and failing at it, but it doesn't change the fact that SNAP does help low income families.

>get better jobs
not easily done while working full time with kids. Especially in populated areas.
>move somewhere better
Moving costs money, more money than a lot of families can afford.
>learn how to eat healthier
fair enough

>green and crunchy unless cooked and munchy

I'll allow it

We just had a huge thread about this.

The cheapest foods are usually raw plants, healthy. Junk food is way more expensive than cooking yourself.

>The cheapest foods are usually raw plants

Yeah, if you live near the source or are the source. Prices vary a lot per region, season and climate fucking the harvest

Even in most cities that's the cheapest. Maybe if you live in Detroit or some shit it's a bit harder but I reckon even there you can get the basic stuff like rice/beans/potatoes very cheap. You'd just be lacking variety.

I'm not from the US so Idk about your pricelevel. What I'm seeing here is most fresh greens are more expensive per kg than meats, even if they're domestic

It doesn't matter how many fucking dollars the chips cost. They could cost $0.59, it would still be just as expensive as 3 days' worth of fucking beans, you fucking massive retard.

Also the chips have ZERO nutritional value and are empty calories only.

> most fresh greens are more expensive per kg than meats
The fuck? That's so incredibly backwards

(You)

I mean asparagus sure but everything else? Spinach/broccoli/kale should be way cheaper than the worst quality on-sale meat.

Actually I recently got 3kg asparagus for 5€ which was pretty awesome.

Avocados are like $2.50 each. Effectively a luxury food.

A 15lb bag of rice is like $14 at any Chinese supermarket. That little bag of rice was probably $4 or $5.

You can get 36-packs of eggs for pretty cheap; like $5 (granted they aren't the best quality eggs).

Also why did they buy 6 limes lol

>America is not a communist state
Not yet, bitch. I'm coming for that toothbrush

Me and my wife just got $600 for 1 month... Bitch can't even into loop holes.

Just buy more oats, rice and milk. They're all cheap as fuck and will last well over a week.

>get rid of all the meme vegetables
>buy rice in bigger bags get 4 pounds for less than 4 dollars
>buy 4 pounds of beans for about 5
>buy 36 eggs for 5
>supplement vitamins for no more than 13 a month so about 3 dollars a week
>buy a cheap fruit like bananas no more than 4 bucks
you could probably get a loaf of bread and milk for the rest of the 8 dollars. I wouldn't know I don't buy them. Maybe some tuna if you really want meat

Tbf I go to the word chainstore in my neighbourhood, but it's pretty bad. Leafy greens especially, since they're sold in smaller quantities.

Regardless, a kilo of meat is still more useful than a kilo of vegetables

I don't know what snap is but I know 3 people personally who get more than 800 a month for food alone

>all those greens
>complaining about lacking calories

deserve it

Hence why you should be able to get like 3kg for the same price. Probably still lower calories but infinitely much better health-wise.

Shop at Aldi. Eggs are 68 cents per dozen. I bought some avocados at 40 cents each on thursday. Sweet corn is going for 19 cents an ear this week

I'll add in some veggies because it's the right thing to do, but you can't bulk on them

Dont be poor. Problem solved. There are countries where if you're poor, you die. Be thankful that you're getting any help at all. You're not entitled to free food.

Well if you're so poor you're struggeling to get enough food bulking shouldn't be a priority.

>having kids while making minimum wage
Condoms are free from the county health center

Stop judging poor people based off what a rich person thinks poor people buy.

I grew up in poverty and pretty much every meal was some combination of rice, corn, eggs, and beans. Sometimes ground beef and hamburger helper.

We wouldn't have died without food stamps, but they made it a bit easier for my parents to make sure we had food every night.

half the money on that table went into those fucking lemons

shes just pushing her narrative with false bullshit

This. Food stamps are meant to supplement income, they're designed to be redeemable vouchers to go towards groceries. They're basically meant to make food affordable for people who are spread thin financially. Not meant to be the dividing line between starving and living.

>Meanwhile, you can get "unhealthy" food like chips, cookies, etc which give you the calories to actually SURVIVE for a lot less.

I live in Manhattan, so groceries for me are about as expensive as they get in the US (probably comparable to whatever market she's buying her shit in). My wife and I spend about $350 on food a month if we eat in for every meal. We consume meat (about 50% of the total expense because I like my beef), eggs, lots of vegetables, and milk every day, and very little processed stuff. A pound of beans, which lasts us for a few days, costs the same as a bag of chips ($3) or 2 bottles of soda.

Oh I'm definitely not, just really cheap

Purely from a kcal perspective, obviously junking is cheaper. When you factor in future healthcare costs though...

The avocado alone costs at least 2 bucks. That could buy you two pounds of rice or a pound of chicken legs

How is that costing fucking $29? Health care costs you so much and apparently so does food now.

>"BUT MCDONALDS IS SO MUCH CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>"I'M A PRISONER OF MY PAY CHECK! I HAVE NO CHOICCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

meanwhile:
>every fat person you see anywhere at any time is performing oral sex on a Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Coke, Monster, Starbucks Unicorn Drink W/ Extra Gay Pride, milk shake, Sprite, Brisk, Crush Orange Soda, Mug Root Beer, Schweppes, 7-Up, Fanta Grape, Stewart's Black Cherry Wishniak, Dr. Brown's Black Cherry, A&W Cream Soda, Mountain Dew Code Red, Surge, Mello-Yello, Sunkist, Barq's Root Beer, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Pibb Xtra, Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Dr. Brown's Cel Ray, Seagram's Ginger Ale, Sierra Mist, Arnold Palmer Iced Tea, Ahmad Tea, Associated British Foods Tea, Bettys and Taylors of Harrogate, Brooke Bond, Clipper Tea, Fortnum & Mason, Glengettie Tea, Horniman's Tea ... [+79] ... and finally, Pumpkin Spice Latte.

>Some of these drinks cost up to $6.00 for a 32 oz., which is a normal size for a fat person to have with every meal
>up to 35% of their meal budget goes toward a sugar acid drink that burns your arteries and has no nutritional value, and in many cases is a hypertonic solution (will not hydrate you)
>They could have filled their cup up with water for FREE and saved all that precious money that they don't have to buy healthy food

I've had nothing but water my entire life and never had a single problem. I didn't even talk about alcoholic drinks at bars that make you pay $8.00 for a shot of empty calories and toxins.
Get a fucking grip fat fucks. You have no excuse.

I can get 4 avocados from Ocado (by British standards, an upper middle class fruit from an upper middle class shop that delivers this shit to your door) for £1.99.

Damn that's pretty expensive

might as well buy 2 pounds of beans and 2 pounds of rice

I checked your walwart prices and for that money you're getting the 2 pounds of beans only. But love me some rice n pea anyway.

So, if you're near a university, you can often get free pizza and cookies at talks. Planet fitness membership gets you free pizza and bagels and a place to shower. If you beg near a McDonald's, guess what they're going to give you. So less money spent on calories, more money to spend on nutrition. Frozen vegetables are better than fresh. Chicken or protein powder depending on prices at where you live. Don't forget if you're unemployed, you have more time to grow your own.

Main cost of food is protein. If you solve that, everything else is easy.

I've lived in 2 major East Coast cities in the US, and I've never seen an avocado being sold for less than $2 by anyone other than street vendors.

>SIETE LIMAS
jajajaja

What are some good recipes with limes ? 7 of them to be more precise ?

>good recipes with limes
Caipirinhas

F R O Z E N
R
U
I
T
S
&
V
E
G
G
I
E
S

fag

>apples
>cheap

Perhaps shit apples like golden delicious. And lets be honest pals, anything but Granny Smith is a shit apple and should not be consumed.

Crazy. Don't get me wrong, they are normally expensive af over here, but you can get cheap as shit ones anywhere. It's usually like under £1 for normal, a bit over £1 for organic. I always thought US food was meant to be cheap as shit, so I find this sort of thing surprising.

then the 44 million Americans should stop being worthless lazy fucks leeching off other people and get to work

>all that salad shit
>beans
>peas
>tortillas
>single pepper
This is why ICE exists

Granny Smith is a fucking cooking apple.

desu

Ingredients:
7 limes

Instructions:
Step 1: eat 7 limes

just like mama used to make

SEVEN
LIMES

5lb chicken - $10
rice - $2
beans - $3
vegetables - $14

When life gives you limes make limonade.

Why the fuck did you buy so many limes????

>anything but Granny Smith is a shit apple
What fucking pleb

Nigger, don´t you ever again say shit like this about Granny Smith, you understand ? Go chew on shitty sweet flavoured apples.

GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY LIME

nah nah why don't you get a job?

somebody else did this and bought $21 worth of limes

memes aside, what is lime good for, if anything ?
>inb4 alcohol

How the fuck do they do that ? Why is it so cheap ?

guacamole. but they only bought ONE avocado and ONE onion... no way they're making that much guacamole

I feel like in America necessary things are very expensive (food, housing, healthcare), while non-vital stuff is very cheap (consumer goods, entertainment). It's how they keep us sick, poor, and happy.

>guacamole
dude I'm white

>36 eggs for $5 is cheap
lol a dozen eggs has been around $0.60 at the local Aldi lately

me too. i dont even like guacamole. i only know about it because my friends really like it.

ok, fair point I guess

>people are legitimately upset poor families 29$ a week to help pay for food
one rich person doesnt know how to shop like someone in poverty, so fuck actual poor people just trying to get by amiright

>Muh familly, muh Chillans! Mah babies daddies up and left us BAWWW!
Prophylactics are cheap, and you shouldn't blame others when you're a poor judge of character and don't plane accordingly.
>Healthy foods expensive!
Beans, lentils, and rice are cheap.
>I don't know how to cook.
Google/youtube.
>I don't have a computer.
Then use you're smart phone. And, if you don't have one, public libraries offer free access to the internet, as well as access to cook books.

But, none of these suggestions matter the powers that be need people to be on the gomments tit, so they can keep getting votes so they can keep on fucking over and taxing to death the middle class so we'll all be equally dumb, miserable, and horrid creatures.

>aldi
youtube.com/watch?v=yuedZ1Y_dU4

>You have no excuse
genetics called ;)

>memes aside, what is lime good for, if anything ?
Limes are god-tier for marinading pork. Let some pork chops marinade in lime juice and onions for a couple of hours, then toss them in a pan. Don't do it with beef, tho. It toughens the meat (pork won't). They're also great as salad dressing instead of vinegar. You can also use them to make a very fresh-tasting salsa with some tomatoes, onions, and parley/cilantro. If you're making noodles or a risotto with a heavy cream sauce, you can squeeze some limes on top when serving to help balance out the fattiness. I always have limes in my fridge.

their produce is usually lower quality. bought potatoes there once and they were moldy within a week.

>muh genetics
seriously, why has Veeky Forums been so tumblry lately?

using tesco online prices which aren't the cheapest

>Let some pork chops marinade in lime juice and onions for a couple of hours
oh fuggg forgot about this, used to put it in my shashlik marinate

Stop oppressing people with genetic dispositions to be fat :) Can't everyone be size 10 skinny :)

>bag of potatoes or rice
>bag of frozen vegetables
>ground beef or pork
>oats + sugar/milk to taste

Easily coming in at under $29 with change to buy whatever else and enough to live on for a week

margaritas, theres a 17 dollar bottle of tequila out of the photo

>Meanwhile, you can get "unhealthy" food like chips, cookies, etc which give you the calories to actually SURVIVE for a lot less.
GOOD GOY, perpetuate obesity so the other goys will be fat and lazy and compliant and do what the jew master race tells them to do without question!

Your pic is retarded. YOU are retarded. YOU probably have Mommy do all the shopping and cooking and she doens't even let YOU near the kitchen because YOU don't know what the fuck you're doing. YOU fail at trolling us just like YOU fail at life. KYS.

What kind of fucking name is Gwyneth? Were her parents druids?

SLAVGAINZ

7 gallons water
>$7.00
7 multivitamins
>$1.00

wow that was hard

>guacamole
>dude I'm white

I'm asian and I fucking love guacamole.

Apples are a low tier fruit anyway.

Nice job trying to justify your shit eating habits.