This is what Rippletits actually believes

>this is what Rippletits actually believes

startingstrength.com/article/pajama-boy-redux-the-male-in-modern-society

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/pajama-boy-redux-the-male-in-modern-society
youtube.com/watch?v=nTF3oTlZysE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's not wrong. if you lift and progressively overload while eating right you will look like you lift

>Strength training is not popular right now

Crossfit is hugely popular among normies.

definitely. if you improve your lifts by say, 100%, you obviously will look more fit

CF is more like cardio. AMAP with shit form

>crossfit
>strength training

>crossfit
>strength training

Lmfao

>you will look like you lift

>crossfit
>strength training
you are special one aren't you...

Whats with the fat deposits (circled)?
I get that men can be strong without looking ripped, but this looks a bit like too many beers and burgers.

>all bald

top kek they already failed at life, why even lift.

>High testosterone levels

He says this while shitting on pic related

memes aside he looks stronger than the average normie would. Which is the entire purpose of the program, strength as efficiently as possible. Anyone have the before? Never actually seen it

They are old farts guys.

He looks like shit. No one cares how much you can squat if you're at 25% bodyfat.

He's just a stereotypical baby boomer mad about youth

nobody cares if you have abs and look like a stick figure either

Bait

rippeltoe plz go

I seriously hope the guys is doing a set of 20+ reps.

No way an adult male should ever have a photo taken while deadlifting such babby weight.

Men don't but girls do

goal body?

If he cut he'd look good. He just bulked hard from already being kinda fat and got more fat. SS itself doesn't make you fat, 4k calories a day do tho.

actually, women do as long as the frame fits. And I'm saying that as a regular gymcel

with that said, you have to cope quite hard to delude yourself into thinking the zachboy from SS looks decent, but he achieved good strength goals which is the point of the program. With my 8 years of experience I wouldn't recommend SS to someone who purely trains for looks though, rather PPL meme shit to make it simple.

>tfw 25% bf

SS is the best intro program. it only lasts 6-8 months tops. if you stay on it for more than a year you're an idiot

Nah he wouldn't, his upper body would still be subpar, but he would have decent-ish legs

Reverse google searched for the before, but that image is dead

However I did find his end stats

Bodyweight: 242
Bodyfat % measured at 7 skinfold sites (equation detailed below): 20.95%
LBM: 191.29 lbs.
Bodyweight increase in 15.4 weeks: 25 lbs
191.29 - 177.07 = 14.22 lbs. LBM increase
14.22/25 = 56.8% of gain as LBM, .92 lb./week

Mother fucker gained a pound of muscle a week for 4 months. How is that not crazy.

Normies do

it's the best intro program for someone looking to venture into powerlifting and it's decent for someone that wants to go into another strength sport in the far future.

For Bodybuilding? Fuck no, much better ways to blast through your noob gains phase. More volume does the trick, and brosplit faggots only look like shit because they neglect certain parts and don't eat enough

because people think that they can get big without eating and that they will look like any YT fitness celebrity after 1 year of PPL

LBM calculations are highly inaccurate, also his bodyfat% is far above that. Water weight not included either, if you think that's 190 lbs of lean mass with those stick arms you're deluded

I hope everyone has figured out he's trying to groom men into looking like that naked pepe picture with a big ass and chicken lower legs. You've all been scammed.

Literally posted under the stats

Now, it may be that I don't know how to use skinfold calipers, but you assume that at your PERIL. These pictures clearly show a male at about 20-22% bodyfat. It may even be that I shopped the pictures, but I know even less about that than I do lighting. The fact is that Zach has gained 78 lbs. in 6 months, 46 lbs. of which is LBM. His squat has gone from 145 x 5 to 345 x 5. Anyone who says otherwise is either calling me a liar or is saying that I don’t know how to weigh and measure bodyfat. That’s fine, and we can settle it whenever you want to. Anyone who says that skinfold caliper testing in the hands of an experienced operator is inaccurate compared to hydrostatic weighing is unfamiliar with the procedures. Furthermore, Zach is not taking steroids, and anybody who claims this is full of shit, as is anyone who says that X lbs. of LBM/year are the absolute maximum that can be gained. We do it here all the time, and you can too if you do the program correctly.

He's a MASSIVE cut from looking ok. If he went on a lean bulk and a ppl, upper/lower, or brosplit for a year he'd look 10x better than he would at the end of his cut and enjoy the journey twice as much.

cool you read that article, I did it like 7 years ago when this meme was posted everywhere. Using LBM for bulkers when water weight alone makes a huge contribution is retarded, end of rine.

>decide to start lifting
>read SS and PP
>start lifting and eating right
>gain weight and strength
>reach 1/2/3/a bit over 3.5 in around 8 months
>cut all fat in the next 2 months
>realize that most people haven't even read the book and don't know how to eat

i had great results with SS but then again also did accessories and both bench and press on the same day (did press for volume if heavy bench or the other way around)

is this the natty limit

Nah, this is

Except Rip's whole philosophy is if that guy goes on a cut to look more aesthetic he's basically a fag

lol you looking to start an itty bitty titty committee?

wrong. he said in one of his podcasts that people misunderstood his GOMAD advice. it's only for literal skeletons not people who are already fat. he said that you should never go above 20-25%. all he wanted to say is that you can't grow if you don't eat like you want to grow. people who are obsessed with their abs are the target of that because their progress is not good because they don't want to eat.

E-statting, lol

I didn't say anything about GOMAD. 25% is also fat as fuck. There's really no reason to go above 18. If someone wanted to drop down from 18 to 12 and lose some strength in the process he would probably make fun of them.

>above 18
I'd even say above 15-16. As soon as your abs go, it's time to stop and start another cut/bulk cycle. Or maintain if you're already thicc

pajama boy doesnt look to magazines or websites to define his goals
-mark rippetoe, "my goals are more valid than yours", startingstrength.com

So he's claiming this kid gained twice as much muscle in 6 months of SS as actors do with access to steroids, professional trainers, nutritionists, and 2 hour a day workouts?

more muscle mass than serge nubret

Are you joking? Just look how many fucking redditors and kids on Veeky Forums recommend trash routine like starting strength and stronglifts

>startingstrength.com/article/pajama-boy-redux-the-male-in-modern-society

As if he is the only fitness personality that rambles on with faux-inspirational garbage.

They don't eat big

I would do the same
Rippe was actually strong

Not estats he strict presses 245 for reps, 5x5 iirc
You're just a jelly little fuccboii

so i've been doing stronglifts + accessory work, eating at ~TDEE + ~300 (w/ .8-1g protein/bodyweight)

am i doing it right? am i getting meme'd? i really just want to look good, i'm weak as fuck so i need to improve that but that's not really my main goal, also i don't mind if i'm not making 100% max gainz as long as i don't turn into a chubby fuck in the process.

what should i be doing?

SS + accessory work + TDEE+500

Do Candito's LP program

SS > SL, but the differences between beginner plans are not particularly large. it's more important that you pick a plan and stick to it than fuss about trying to solve an insoluble optimisation problem

you aren't being memed. don't expect to look good in the short term, though. it's a long trek

and you're not going to get fat overnight. once you're so fat that you start hating yourself, cut

"rational analysis" suggests blowing out your body by your 40s with YUGE LIFTS to impress other men may not be the best life strategy

it's feefees all the way down

>this
fucking this, 80% of guys here are maymaying about SS but how many of you actually read that book?

do i need to preemptively bump up to TDEE+500? or should i stick to what i've got and only increase if i'm stalling on progressions?

You'll be fine doing what you're doing as long as you're mindful and consistent

the difference is small (and probably comparable to the measurement errors and the fluctuations in your TDEE (e.g. 1 kcal of protein requires more energy to consume than 1 kcal of sugar, etc.)). the consequent effects will be small. you're overthinking it; eat at a small surplus, whether that be 300 kcal/day or 500 kcal/day. it's up to you

Boardshorts you're still here? Thought you would have made it and left by now.

I drop by and offer dissent here and there.

Gotta go for now, in Cancun and don't have internet outside of the room

mark rippetoe was never strong in his entire life despite that being the only thing he cared about. he always looked like shit as well.

a 60 yo guy deadlifting 5pl8 is pretty impressive

not if hes 230 lbs and on hrt

i think the decline started when people started taking the chad meme seriously.

>No one cares how much you can squat if you're at 25% bodyfat.
Who cares about who cares

>Crossfit
>Strengt training

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Awful.

My coach would care.

sounds good. much appreciated gents.

>implying accessory work isn't already In The Program

okay Mr. Autism

The guy does look good. He has the 'dadbod' like in that pic that has dadbod (chopping wood) vs. lazy shitbag bod (some skinnyfats drinking beer)

Also that might not be his max that he's deadlifting.

>awful
post what you consider a good body then

youre p. good at lifting by normie standards for a 60 year old mr hrt spent your entire life telling people how to do a deadlift morbidly obese bmi ruined knees man.

How do your knees handle 5 days of squatting.

>Monday
>Wednesday
>Friday
>5

Kys my man

Crossfit hate on here is silly. The people I know and known that do or have done crossfit push themselves super fucking hard, and are fit as fuck. I doubt half of the giggling fatass powerlifters shitting on them can compete.

Baldcel cope. Haor loss is triggered by DHT sensitivity, NOT your test levels.

16:57 and onwards. truly, the World's Fittest

youtube.com/watch?v=nTF3oTlZysE

No he doesn't lmao, he looks like a fat sack of shit you delusional fuck

Only way you'd think he doesn't look like a fat sack of shit is if you're an even fatter sack of shit LOL

>looks good
>massive gut sticking out

never change ripetits

When will you fucking retards finally realise that only a small proportion of lean body mass is muscle?

Counting really isn't your strong suit, is it Opie?

>bmi

If you just looked at the shit articles rip writes nowadays you could have found loads of stupid shit to bring to your internet arguments without making a fool of yourself like that.

Ex: "Olympic lifting isn't strength training" - Rip referring to the "Bulgarian style" oly training which is highly specific to the sport and doesn't include any bench/deadlift/back squat work.

Crossfit should only be done by a tiny part of the population that needs it like police and firefighters.

You'll never be able to do that and the man is likely thrice your age.

Git gud faggot

You started lifting to get a better looking body.

Don't lie to yourself user.

Don't project like this user you double nigger

Obviously not him but I started because lifting heavy shit looked awesome and also because I wouldn't stand to have my then-gf be more fit than me

Nobody in that image looks happy to be alive.

I agree CrossFit is a blessing. I look forward to watching the deadlift ladders every year. All the guys and I get a good kick out of watching the event once a year. It's incredible how much the human body can take without becoming paralyzed.

>Balconybro as goal
I see you want to be paper thin with chop stick legs.

>tfw no 25% bf

May be sagging skin from age, or from being fat in the past.

Either way, most folks balloon at that age. Gotta 'mire dat.