I was thinking about getting one of these. Not really sure which one to get though or why

I was thinking about getting one of these. Not really sure which one to get though or why

What will you use it for? I've used plenty of variants, so, ask away

Get one whose color matches your purse

I already started lifting and i want to start running too. Just wondering if its worth it since the price is pretty steep

No, if you think they're pricey, no.

lolno

I've heard the calorie tracking is wildly inaccurate, is that correct?

I think they're good if you're going to find motivation from them. I like to set challenges with family and friends which do make me go for that extra walk or run to try win. I also like the way it syncs with MFP, the calorie count isn't accurate but I like to eat a quarter back or so.

My obese mother got one and never syncs it with her phone so I can never see if she's walking more. We thought it would help her get out and about but she doesn't join our family challenges. I honestly feel like she wasted her money because I don't feel she's getting anything out of it.

I have the Alta, it's slim and has a changeable band so I have a metal one that doesn't irritate my skin.

Oh just to add, I like the way it tracks sleep too. I'm a Type 1 diabetic so I can actually see what nights I had a hypo since I can see when I got up to go get food. Then I can see what activity I had done that day and see if I can notice patterns. That's more specifically useful to my case though.

>I feel the urge to consume without any good reason and was considering obeying this urge

Yes, it is wildly inaccurate. You could however, rely on (if using a heart-rate belt) eating for approximately 50% of said burnt calories, and take it from there.

If I do a decent ride, it might say I've burnt 1200 calories, but I will probably eat about 500-700 extra that day

i had one of the samsung versions.
it hooked up to your phone and read text messages and shit.
i stopped wearing it because i'm just not a watch person.
i don't like wearing watches.

In such cases, they can be great.

I also use mine for logging workouts, whether it be lifting or cardio. I sync to Strava and MFP as well.

personally im interested in the HR
history of heart disease (including afib) in the family, currently moved to a city i hate (family reasons) thats sent my bp up 50/20 pts, waiting for canadian health care (blown shoulder) so ive been pretty sedentary

tl;dr trapped in shithole country want to monitor heart rate on regular basis
are these any good?

I think a chest strap would be more useful for heart rate monitoring, not too sure how accurate the watches are for that.

ive heard theyre usu off by 1-2 bpm (there are a couple of tests vs proper hr monitors online)
i considered the chest straps, but i want extended info (all day) to see if my hr is irregular (ie afib).
can these be used for an entire (or most of a) day?

lol why are there still people who don't own apple watches?

just buy the apple watch you know you want it xD

These consumer devices aren't going to pick up afib.

Bought gf one for christmas, and she loves it. I like wearing my nice watch though. Form>function.

Wait until the breakthrough version where every fucker buys one. Like with the iPhone 4s.

>vegan trap
>apple

I bought the knockoff version called the EiffelT on Amazon. It works well enough for me and it was only 27$

Get the one that looks like a watch, not an autistic wrist computer.

yes, goy, good goy, buy them all

I use it to track TDEE which varies, and since caloric deficit at -200 is just enough for me to lose weight while not losing strength, and +200 is enough to gain weight without gaining too much fat, it makes counting much more accurate

I also made aprogram, because fitbit is open API that synchs with my scale, a BF caliper reading, and HR. Along with manualling making entries for lifts, I can actually see HR, performance and other stuff in pretty graphs and can get some neat info on it