Veeky Forums experiences with drugs

I'm currently taking lithium as treatment for bipolar disorder (a diagnosis I am not sure is correct but I'm no a doctor so I'm gonna trust the guys who is). However it makes me feel "weak" and kinda foggy, so I was considering taking phentermine to counteract the fogginess. Any experiences? There doesn't seem to be any stuff online with how it'll interact with lithium but I doubt there any major interactions. Any other stims you guys recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/06/28/magazine/i-dont-believe-in-god-but-i-believe-in-lithium.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23021477
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

look into CBD for treatment of BPD i just started taking 30mg/day and it seems to work for me with no side effects.

it's also cheap, 30 bucks for a 30 day supply.

Will that show on a drug test? One of the places I work for doesn't allow marijuana use even if you've got medical.

Tried amphetamine. Felt like made it without making it. Fucks up your dopamine receptors sensitivity.
10/10
would not recommend

How bad does it fuck you receptors?

If you take it for too much time, you become tolerant to it. It causes addiction and chances are high that you will get used to it. You will need larger doses and more often. Simple human pleasure will stop making you happy. This also will eventually lead to brain chemistry disorders or mental diseases.

I'm pretty sure that lithium is tricky and interacts with a lot of other medications. I know that I tried a fuckloads of different Meds for my bipolar, but never lithium because it interacted with all the other ones I was on. So just be careful dude and make sure nothing you take interacts with lithium. I hope you feel better soon and find something that works for you, brain fog is a real motherfucker.

>phentermine
No, if you have bipolar dissorder it may worsen it by inducing hypo/manic states once it kicks in, or depressive states once it wears of. No stimulant of the amphetamine class should be used, except, maybe, bupropion.
Use modafinil, phenylpiracetam, noopept or aniracetam. Don't use phenterine.

It doesn't fuck up your receptors if you don't take more than 40mg a day. It can't, it's not meth (and not even meth can do it with 20mg or less). It fucks up your dopamine release after using it for a couple of weeks, but can be counteracted by having healthy sleeping/eating/working out habits, unless you've used it for more than two years. It can fuck you up, psychologically, pretty badly, though, so the depression can be real for not only bipolar people, but everyone.

what does being on lithium feel like?

I took lithium for a little while before. I've never had a manic episode but desu I failed so many medications for depression they started trying different stuff. Anyway, I felt fine, but I was so dehydrated and could never drink enough to feel right, so I had to stop it before even reaching a full dosage. Consider your hydration and electrolytes I guess. Otherwise, that weakness could be a side effect but I'm not aware of it.

but doesnt it make you want to make it more

Stop taking lithium it's going to fuck you up permanently full srs

Im pretty insensitive to shit so not a whole lot affects me. Its good and bad at the same time, I would love to be a light weight and take half doses of shit but for the most part its usually double or triple the assumed dosage.

OP here.
Tried the phentermine (2 capsules, 15mg each) and I was asleep within half an hour. Felt nothing beside tired. IDK if that was an interaction with the lithium or if the phentermine had no effect, but whatever it was, it was total weaksauce.

Explain how? Everything I've seen said it was pretty low risk.

Lithium will fuck your kidneys long term. Here's the story of a bipolar woman who took lithium and had to get off it because of renal failure.

nytimes.com/2015/06/28/magazine/i-dont-believe-in-god-but-i-believe-in-lithium.html

Lolol, are you a girl? I'm afraid you may have ADHD. Happened to me with meth.

Go have a urine test for phenethylamines and show this to your doc. I don't actually care if you're a girl or not.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23021477

I take Trouxal, Temesta, Duloxetine and Nozinan. My head and body often feels really heavy but I try to work out anyway

If you do take it, make sure you're getting enough fluids and electrolytes to help your kidneys flush it out easily enough.

jesus why.

Also note, you may only be too sensitive. It's a bodily reaction for *some* people to actually feel sleepy when a drug hits them too hard in order to avoid becoming overheated and/or hypertensive. Try a lower dose, if it isn't more stimulant, then you may have ADHD.

Lithium and amphetamines shouldn't interact, but they may. IMO lithium should be a last resource, however it's very safe and somewhat neuroprotective in clinical quantities. If your doc wants to keep you in it for more than a year, change docs, though. You should be trying to learn how to deal with your issues, not pretend they don't exist.

Because I have been hospitalized 3 times and its the only thing that makes my compulsive thoughts easier to handle

Bipolar disorder type I, I'm guessing.

You should change shrink, that guy is only selling you meds, that is overkill. Most of those drugs do the exact same thing. Shit, son, you're literally being scammed. I'm not joking.

have you tried not taking so many drugs

I'm not even going to pretend it's a cure-all, but have you tried a ketogenic diet? There must be something that can help besides taking several overlapping and fairly powerful drugs.

nice try, but that's for probably lithium carbonate or lithium citrate, both available only as prescription drugs. my guess is because these forms of lithium are so poorly absorbed in the human body, a lot of it needs to be administered to reach a therapeutic level, which is why routine blood testing is needed while on them. tl;dr it's not lithium, it's the form of lithium

>I'm gonna trust the guys who is
Trust him all the way, ask her about the interaction, she'd probably give you green light.

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna talk to him about this when I have my follow up appointment. I'm not gonna tell him I took recreational stims though in case I decide to try and get some stims prescribed in the future.
OP here, to be fair, I am on lithium carbonate, though my doc did warn me to get lots of water to help it get flushed from my system (he also said increasing sodium a bit would help).
I just don't want to be unable to get prescribed stims in the future if I admit to taking stims recreationally.

>probably
>my guess

you sound like CNN

nice ad hominem. here's a fallacy too: go back to /pol/, you faggot.

>says a fallacy is calling me a faggot

so when do you graduate kindergarten?

you could also try taking more fish oil as a way to cut back on the lithium. but yeah, lithium, being a mineral, could affect other minerals and vitamins in your body by competing for absorption with the former and therefore affecting the latter. are you getting enough magnesium and zinc? i wouldn't recommend a stim for dat pump because it could just mask something more serious

Why do I keep going on Veeky Forums, lads?

It's this pic that made me question everything I do here.

A girl like that won't come into my life. Lingerie models live in a different world, lead a different life to mine. She is nothing but a picture to me and yet I feel sad when I look at her.

I don't turn off showing images when I come on fit even though I have a Firefox plugin that lets me do that very easily. Why do I keep torturing myself with looking at photoshopped (or not) pics of beautiful women I'll never meet. What do I achieve by this? Out of thousands of pics of beautiful women I've seen on Veeky Forums it's dat ass that made me contemplate this.

Sorry, I had to vent.

YOU WANNA GO U FUKN TWAT?

maybe you need to stop fapping so much for dat natty test boost (on the 7th day)

I've been on lithium carbonate for about 8 years now, without any major episodes during last 4 years. Should I stop taking it completely? I'm skipping the schedule anyway, taking a single 300mg pill every other day.
At this point it looks like it's doing more harm than good.

I'm only 2 weeks deep and I find the brain fog and shit intolerable. I'm supposed to be at 600mg/day but I'm pretty sure they wanna up my dose to 900. Tbh I'm really unexcited about that. I'm willing to give it a shot but I don't think I'm gonna stick with lithium.

Do you even know what bipolar disorder is?

You will probably get used to it eventually, 600 is my supposed dosage and I don't feel the difference whether I stick to it or skip for a week.
What's your story btw?

I never wet into full blown mania, but I experienced hypomania as a really aggressive narcissism. I never lost my mind, I just got over confident. I felt like Chad except with more ill will towards other people. I will admit, it feels great (600mg hasn't one anything to stop it yet) but at the same time I understand that it makes me hard to be around. I threw away relationships left and right with that behavior. But what was worse was the manic depression. I had so many great (almost) relationships where I'd go on a few dates, and we clearly liked each other a lot, but then I'd hit a depressive episode and my ability to communicate would drop and there'd clearly be something wrong with me. And it's unfair to expect someone to stay with you if they think you're gonna always be that emotionally draining so I let those people go, cause they deserved better.

Tried MDMA way too many times this past winter. Probably damaged now but i wont see it for a while. Also did LSD, cocaine, amphetamine anf shrooms. The problem is not really drugs by themselves, the problem is staying up 2-3 days on a drug-binge. That shit made me psychotic a couple of times. Been four weeks no without any drugs and i feel fine, which is surprising to me. But like i said, Maybe the damage will show up later down the road. 9/10 Experience would recommend, but it is degenerate and stupid as fuck.

>I never wet into full blown mania
Never go full homo.

>degenerate
See, that's what I want right now. I wan't to be the Veeky Forums king of the degenerates.