Time under tension or amount of weight?

Time under tension or amount of weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fphys.2015.00245/full#h8
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/publishahead/Strength_And_Muscular_Adaptations_Following_6.96040.aspx
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26885978
minervamedica.it/en/journals/sports-med-physical-fitness/article.php?cod=R40Y9999N00A17042604
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

both

multiply them together = total volume

Consistency & high level of effort > all else.

B O T H
O
T
H

Time under tension. If you don't lift heavy enough, your muscles aren't under tension.

Lifting has 4 components:
(Muscle mass) A muscles total depot of energy
(Nerve efficiency) The amount of energy used per second to generate the force of the contraction
(Mitochondrial efficiency) The amount of energy that can be restocked in the muscle per second
(Cardiovascular efficency) The body's ability to remove and supply the muscle with needed energy/oxygen/nutrients to stop the deterioration of the regenerative ability of the mitochondrials

You need both for max gains nigga. Strength working sets + hypertrophy tension work = max gainz

Time under tension, all those people saying max weight are overcomping power lifting cucks who will fuck themselves up and die before 50 without mentioning that nearly all of them are on high end high dose gear.

Imagine Strength of a muscle is like a bath-tub or a pool.
The size of the pool is the amount you can do without getting tired. Pure strength is how much water you can stomp down the drain, it is the force output. The size will determine how much force and for how long you can maintain it before the pool is depleted. Mitochondrial regeneration is like a guy filling the pool with a hose. The faster he can refill it, the faster you recover your strength His ability to refill the pool is gradually worsening, this is how mitochondria needs the reactants to make glycogen etc, after a while you get lactic acid, or muscle burn. Cardio is how fast your body can remove bi-products, and refresh with new reactants and oxygen for the mitochondria.

The force output also decrease over time while exercising, it is about the CNS and ions for muscle control.

That's nice and all but how do I get j00cy as fuark?

Try to muster as much force as possible
Train to failure
Train with shorter rest periods
Train endurance for muscles : 25x8 rows
Do dropsets.
Try to lift heavy as fuck compounds in the beginning of the session. Deadlifts, OHP is easiest, (wont be awkward failing a rep)

How are you supposed to measure time under tension? Like is there a formula or even just a rule of thumb? Count to 3 every rep?

>train to failure
>shorter rests
>endurance
>dropsets
None of that is actually effective for hypertrophy or strength training. On mobile or I'd post my source infographic

Tell us what is effective for hypertrophy then? Aside from time under tension

The amount of time the muscle is under tention, but accumulative tension (more reps) are better than fewer slower reps.

I'm theAlso eccentric, cheat reps are better.

Also adding the amount of time the muscle is depleted of energy / fatigued. That is why we do sets, instead of just 1 long dropset for each muscle

The more you exert yourself, the more rest time you need. That's why for power lifting and strength training you rest for 3-5 mins. Hypertrophy is 1.5-2 mins, although medical studies show lower rest time has zero benefit.
Like the other guy explained, you're basically only resting to recuperate the energy needed to exert the force repeatedly.
Hypertrophy is 8-12 reps, with higher reps being attributed to isolation exercises.
However, strength = size, so you can purely train strength and still look good. Your diet is what's going to determine how cut you are.

Kai Greene is ALL about the "low" weight 4 sets of 15-20 reps exercises, and he's fucking huge. Keep proper form and don't rush your movements. If you fail, lower the weight and keep at it.

I would recommend myo-reps.
Where would they fit the picture?

goal bod

contractile failure

>train to failure
journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fphys.2015.00245/full#h8

>shorter rests
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/publishahead/Strength_And_Muscular_Adaptations_Following_6.96040.aspx

>endurance
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26885978

>dropsets
minervamedica.it/en/journals/sports-med-physical-fitness/article.php?cod=R40Y9999N00A17042604

Only one of those is a good source and it doesn't disprove what I said.

>denial

>damage control

>denial intensifies

t. Skinny fat manlet

Excellent debate lads, very riveting and insightful.