What does Veeky Forums think of PPL routines?

What does Veeky Forums think of PPL routines?

Particularly pic related.

switch to lower/upper

But why

How is there still not a consensus on this, get your shit together Veeky Forums

Fullbody

I've heard that PPL is not enough frequency. If you think about it if you do some variation of PPLxPPL you're doing lifts only twice a week. For arguments sake there's 50 weeks in a year. You're doing those lifts only 100x a year when if you hit them 3x a week it would be 150x a year. It adds up.

while i agree that 3x time a week per muscle group is optimal for natty lifters, finding a way to program that is actually rather difficult allowing for appropriate volume and avoiding the eventual fatigue

3xfullbody per week will not give proper volume for hypertrophy to occur and fatigue will set in long before you can actually manage 3 sets for every muscle group

ABABABx where A=shoulders/chest/triceps and B=Back/Legs/Bicep/Abs/and various accessories as necessary is my current solution to 3x a week with necessary volume for growth and its given excellent results so far

Post it plz

And weights for the eventual hater

upper lower till i die

Each workout is approximately 1 hour - 1.25 hours and I have started to use pre-workout just to break fatigue which is pretty much 100% going to happen during this.

ABABABx

(I start with bench on A because it is my weaker lift proportionally)
A=Flat BB Bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Incline DB bench 3x8
DB Lateral Raises 3x12
French Press/Overhead tricep extension/Tricep Kickback 3x12
Above the knee rack pulls 3x12
Crunches (Weighted 10kg) 3x12 + 1xF

B=Deadlift 2x5 (This is only on the first B day of the week otherwise heavy pronated BB rows will substitute)
Lat Pullups/Chinups 3xF
Supinated BB Rows 3x12
Squat 3x5
DB Rows/Seal Rows 3x8-12
Leg Extension 3x8-12
Leg Curl 3x8-12
Seated + standing Calf Raises 3x8-12
Bicep Curls 4x12
Crunches (weighted 10kg) 3x12 + 1xF

Genetically my neck is thick as fuck so I dont bother to train that. You can see why the pre-workout would come in handy especially on those B days.

Overview: Deadlift happens once a week on the first B day then it is replaced with a heavy BB pronated grip row for the next 2 B days in the week. The First A day of the week is 3x5 strength progression based for flat BB bench but the rest of the week i drop weight and go 3x8-12 to aim for better hypertrophy since my chest is lacking.

Also go fuckin heavy on the deadlifts

I feel like that B day will seriously fuck you up when you start it with heavy deadlifts

Seems waay too much volume to me

Also how the fuck is deadlift a lower body exercise? It's like the ultimate full body lift and you definitely use your upper body for it

you're doing it wrong then.

What in fuck is a "face pull"?

I've always been thinking of this type of routine but I was worried there wouldn't be enough recovery time.
I'll give it a try for a few months and see though

clearly you dont lift

google it faggot
>DYEL

lol

Just do pic related

How can u manage all that shit in B in 1hr 1/2?

I do that, the Reddit ppl, without any dead lifts, because they have no aesthetic benefit for the risk.
It's good, I like it. It's short enough, 1.5 hours, so it doesn't become a chore and not too much volume that you feel dead afterwards. It's given me good size despite being a Skelly. I've heard there it's not good for strength, which might be true since I'm really weak on it but that might be just me being very weak.

Why no scheme of progression? When are you supposed to add weight? Is this doable like PPLPPLx as natty?

Great if you can recovery fast enough. A bit slower progression compare to a upper/lower/Fullbody maybe. Just do whatever fits your goals.

dont u need like, atleast 2 days recovery time?

You add weight when you can do your current weight with good form, when else?

Is there a point to Romanian deadlifts? I think I'll just do a set of regular deadlifts instead, and pass on the leg press and leg curls. Maybe add lunges.

Also going to do leg day only once a week, but warm up with squats on pull day, and also run three times a week.

This is a shit criterion for long term progression

What, why

When you stall you deload to 90% and pick up from there.

I believe a program with a planned scheme of progression will help you not stall and be more hellbent on achieving that day objective rather than leaving the decision on the basis of 'increase when I feel like it'

how are your numbers supposed to go up like that.. benching for strength 1 time a week and 1 deadlift per week lol

It's not about feeling like it, every time you're trying to achieve more weight than the last. It's linear progression.

It's like a deadlift but you lift the bar with your face.

Best workout for jaw and cheek muscles.