/fasting/

Stop eating.

New Jason Fung lecture:

youtube.com/watch?v=eUiSCEBGxXk

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28502831/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP here. Just finished it. The end made me laugh – he's evolving as a public speaker

Fung is a hack.

Fasting can still be good.

Why don't you like him?

About to come off a 42 hour fast. Looking forward to some eggs tbph

I've already planned to fast today, though I'll probably break my fast in the evening.

hey my mum sent me his vid about calories.

thnx mum

Study on sucralose aka Splenda
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28502831/

Fasting is a fad that needs to die.

It puts your body in starvation mode slowing your metabolism down and making it nearly impossible to lose any weight and the weight you do lose is meaningless water weight.

Eat less than your TDEE and do cardio you fat fucks

Stop living

it's been done since humans began existing

>It puts your body in starvation mode slowing your metabolism down and making it nearly impossible to lose any weight

uhh no, that is what happens when you do this:

>Eat less than your TDEE and do cardio

I fast every day
I'm asleep through most of it, but a fast is a fast

Hence the word breakfast

So I'm just entering my 7th day of water fast here, I would like to dispell the myth that you can't work while fasting because no energy blahrgy blah. I have tons of energy. I've worked both my jobs during the week, closed the bar last night only got about 4 hours of sleep then volunteered in the spookyhot sun for 10 hours today. Plus all this energy is from too many beers I had last year. I'm going to call it at ten due to the fact that it is unsupervised and I didn't really pay attention to how to prepare, but I think I'll do this at least annually.
Also working nights serving at a bar I carry food all shift and have to turn down free food from chef bros, and free drinks from the paltender. This shit is good shit if you're not a big ol' scaredy loser.

nice. have you told any of your coworkers about it? how did they react?

No one knows, my girlfriend/roomate is out of town because her dad's sick. I've told everyone I'm off the liquor until the 31st just to keep myself in check and one of my coworkers decided to join me in that.
This originally started because I drank a bunch last friday night and felt like shit, then I looked at my bank account, bills came out and I only had 20$ left. I usually spend about 20$ on food a day, give or take so I figured why not just not eat and save some cash.

>>Also I wanted to lose some tummy while she was away too, focus on myself for a bit

>taking advice from your ethnic competitors
>when they tell you NOT TO EAT
Holy fuck you guys are retarded.

loser

literally me on fasting days

The fact Veeky Forums still has people who arent on keto and fasting makes me only come here for funny shit like FPH

otherwise everyones a fucking moron besides fellow keto fasters

>tfw you read the sticky
>tfw you know all of the fastards here will ***NEVER*** make it
hahah lol!
Enjoy no gains

>sticky written by a 17 year old indian guy 10 years ago

lol

was it?

I love being in a deep fast and going hiking feels goodman

Something tells me you're a dumb woman

already btfo'd you on fat general kiddo, just cico.

Can some fasters post pic of themselves? All I can picture is skin and bone twigs.

What supplements/vitamins do you take?

At 20% body fat, how much can I expect to be rid of if I fast for a week?

Starvation mode takes like 24 to 48 hrs+

If you're doing IF or 1 fasting day a week you won't be in starvation mode.

You're lucky your body isn't as retarded as your brain.

when does fasting start getting easy, 3 days in? 5?

so how do you prepare for a water fast? i never fasted, i work out on the reg, but im thinking a few week fast might aid in some cutting

Everyone is different but usually the hardest is the 2nd day, but if you make it through that its easier.

Also something that usually isn't addressed is when you do a water fast past 1 day you might shit your pants.

I kid you not you're gonna want to fart sometimes but be careful cause it will trick you and you will shit your pants. If you feel like you have to fart go to the bathroom.

About 2% depending on your tdee

4th day, 2nd and 3rd was the hardest

Shit, really? Definitely doing this to fix my shit. Lifting can wait.

>Also something that usually isn't addressed is when you do a water fast past 1 day you might shit your pants.

I've done a few accidental 3~5 day long fasts in the past and I don't remember any weird poop related incidents.

its only with water fasting

These two books changed my life

what fasting did you think I do, cola fasting?

Guys, can I drink Coke or other sugary drinks while fasting? Can I from the 99 cent value meal while fasting as long as I don't order a full meal?

ye it is really slow

>Can I from the 99 cent value meal while fasting as long as I don't order a full meal?
wut

and please stop being dumb. Do you not understand what a fast is?

Slow? 2% a week is fucking great lad

Note that I'm not a beginner to lifting, so I'm not too worried about getting back up in strength.

No, it is calories in it which will break your fast

You can do a juice fast if you want to lose all your teeth.

Guess I am just impatient haha, I want to get lean and I probably started at 20. I looked at some weight loss calculators and I'm gonna have to fast for a total of about 6 weeks, currently 5 days in

Like I said everyone is different, and lucky for you didn't shit your pants.

A few friends and I did extended water fast to see who can last the longest and 4 out of 5 of us nearly shit our pants

That is fucking nothing, I just wasted 5 months doing traditional cutting with little to no result other than lowered body weight and losing my lifts, couldn't even squat 70% for a triple last time I went to the gym

Guys, why is Jimmy "Eats" Moore a fat fuck? He's knows more about fasting than anyone here.

Because you enter starvation mode and don't lose weight at all ever.

Any of you fine folk try dnp while doing psmf?

If Fung a faget?

No, you stupid fucking nigger. Fasting itself has quick results as it is.

~0.3 kg / day after the initial water loss

>stop covering fatshit medical problems
>no more fatshits
problem solved

I was 18.8% body fat on Friday, and ate literally nothing but junk food on Saturday and Sunday. I fasted Monday to Friday afternoon, and didn't exercise at all during the week recovering from a minor injury. I was 17.8% body fat on Friday, lost about 2 lbs.

If I had been able to workout during the week, even just walk around for lunch, I probably would have lost 3-4 lbs or more.

Fasting is literally the only way to lower body fat below 20% without strict as fuck diet and exercise for weeks on end, which will only have you lose ~.25% body fat in a month.

Just take Himalayan salt and Natural Calm Magnesium powder on fasting days.

I like intermittent fasting+keto. I started doing it after seeing that 6 part lecture Fung did about obesity. But he never talked about the psychological side effect of progressively longer hourly fasts. I start getting really excited about eating a chicken salad. This is from a guy who used to pound down cokes and mt dew all day, eat candy, and about 6 slices of pizza a day. Never used to touch salads but then again no morbidly obese person does.

Lost about 50lbs doing IF so far, 220 in total -_-;;

Why, I am trying to build muscle

b-but breakfast is the most important meal of the day

but it's just the breaking of your fast, so does it really matter whether that's 12 hours after you last ate or 12 days?