Wow why does anyone even listen to this guy he looks like shit

Wow why does anyone even listen to this guy he looks like shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mC5-g1Ugmgc
youtube.com/watch?v=P-XYS7wYz2I
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He killed a Raccoon once by crushing its head with only his left hand.

Because people see very appreciable strength results as a beginner if they correctly follow his program and realize that it's not the be-all, end-all of lifting. SS is so easy to follow that you don't even need to write anything down and will teach you the fundamentals of lifting and progressing. It sets you up for success.

>Inb4 Texas Method

TM is a template, not a program. Read Practical Programming, you can make TM into literally anything. Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Calisthenics.

He could crush your left nut with his pinky toe.

TM is shit for anything besides squats.

Because starting strength and GOMAD and all that shit actually works.

His guides are about becoming big and strong. He doesn't give a shit about aesthetics or small waists, which is admirable in a way. A confident strongfat will have waay more luck with women than an autistic guy with low bodyfat who isn't very strong.

The thing is..true confidence comes from within. When you're spending all hours criticizing yourself and forcing yourself to diet down or lower bodyfat or whatever, you yourself feel low in confidence. Your lifts decrease and you feel bad. You see some flab on your hips and you feel bad. This channels into how you act around others and thus how you are perceived.

Someone like Rip would be confident always, because he realises there is more to life than how you are perceived: its how you perceive yourself. It's how God perceives you. On SS and GOMAD you're defined by strength. Your lifts increase and you get strong, and thus you feel good about yourself. This is how you see yourself. You're confident because of it, and this reflects in how you act and thus how you are perceived.

It's ironic, really...the less you care about what other people think of you, the more attractive you become to those people.

best post

He deadlifts more at his age than you do now, OP.

can't tell if you're serious or not

Literally who cares

How many times have you had to deadlift something in real life? Nobody cares

Plenty of times.

>doing things based on how many people care about it.

Sad.

>not exercising proper deadlift form when lifting anything from the ground

I deadlift my cat mate not even joking. Proper deadlift form is such a good skill you pick shit up off the ground all the goddamn time

Enjoy herniating a disc picking up your fat grand niece in a couple of decades

good post

This. I don't want to become fat, but I'm pretty much okay with 17-18% bf, that means that I need longer to increases my lifts, but at least they don't went down like I would dieting.

The SS model squat form is best form for shitting in the woods

hmmmm nootka

He's a strength coach, not a bodybuilder

someone should make one of the cartoons like pic related but with picking something off the ground

Because it works. Been doing starting strength and GOMAD for 7 months now and the results have ben amazing.

This man is an idiot.
youtube.com/watch?v=mC5-g1Ugmgc

>tm for weightliffting
Thats why American weightlifting sucks
>tm for gymnastics
You mad. Pls stop riding Rippetoe's cock

>His guides are about becoming big and strong.
>didn't train any good strength athlete
Lol

He is beginners """coach""", not an actual strength coach

You have never played sports in your life. You have no conception of what athleticism is.

How strong was Rip at his peak?
How strong is the strongest person he's trained, or the strongest person who is known to have started with Starting Strength?

I listen to rip despite the way he looks. He has earned it by being right enough times. You'll come around to him eventually if you stick to this.

Someone I can't take seriously is Greg Nuckols. He clearly has a lot of good info but he's not funny or clever enough to make up for looking like a slob. Greg pls.

I have no idea why some sort of cult has developed around this guy. He's a failed powerlifter turned "strength guru" who has never trained or coached any legitimately strong or athletic individual and whose fame comes from figuring out that a beginner who eats a shit ton of calories over maintenance, doesn't give a fuck about appearance, and does low volume high intensity training 3x a week can gain a lot of strength in the squat and deadlift and some in the bench very fast. I'm convinced most of his support and shilling comes from fatasses who only follow him for the affirmation that anyone under 15% bf is a "ladyboy."

Not to mention he's literally the proto-Blaha with some of the autistic shit he says.

>fri date with Jeff!

lol

His best lifts ever were a 395 bench, 620 squat, and 635 deadlift at a bodyweight of 220.

You do realize you can change the exercises for TM, right? It's a template.In the easiest sense it's:

Volume day
5x5 90% of your 5rm

Recovery day
3x5 with 80% on of your 5rm

Intensity day
5rm PR attempt

Which exercises you're using is completely up to you and depend on your sport, it just so happens that most sports require you to have strong legs and the best exercise for general leg strength just happens to be squats.

>actual world-class, world record-holding elite powerlifter who has trained multiple competitive athletes and record breakers himself
>somehow knows less than Mark fucking Rippetoe, who has both never been successful and has never trained a successful competitor
i got b8ed

apologize.

i've read both his "books".

the volume/recovery/intensity day doesnt really work for the other lifts.
it "works" for deadlifts if your deadlift goes up when your squat goes up (applies to most people), but that's about it.

This, if you learn to squat and deadlift properly will greatly improve your life on certain occasions.

>Walking around the house without a t-shirt on
I can relate. There's always and opportunity to mire your shoulders, arms, lats or traps in some mirror.

>Which exercises you're using is completely up to you and depend on your sport
So I can use TM fot rubber band uchikomi exercise?

I'm a construction worker. Strength is integral to my work.

I make very good money(more than any liberal arts college graduate, at least), and without solid strength training when I was in college I would not be able to maintain my job.

I have a graduate psych degree and would never consider a job with it now. I make $30+ an hour depending on the job. Strength is important.

Also, don't you just fucking want to be strong? I had to pull my boat out of the water today. Real life shit happens where you need to be strong.

>I make very good money

>I make $30+ an hour

>he looks like shit so his programs are shit
Dummy logic

SS is the best program a beginner could do. Most of you do retarded brosplits that take 4 years to get you anywhere. You ignorant dummies need to realise that strength=aesthetics as a natural, and SS will skyrocket your strength when youre a beginner real fast

>inb4 posts some dyel looking weightlifter
they barely train the upperbody

that's not rippetoe retard

>there is only two programs in the world: SS and bro split
You are retard, pls stop posting

What construction related occupation you in breh? I am a materials technician on a major road building project, hard work and long hours but pay good from all the overtime. Take it you are a groundworker, concrete finisher or something that requires hard work as opposed to a machine driver, they tend to be fat slobs...

that wasn't even remotely what he said, faggot.

62k a year. That's pretty solid

Mark Rippetoe is a moron

youtube.com/watch?v=P-XYS7wYz2I

Rippetoe's fans are so pathetic that don't use his photo with his citations

If he works 60 hours a week (if he is in construction he likely works more than that) then that is over 90k a year.

Funny you should mention that. I had the complete opposite experience with it. I felt that doing 90% of my 5rm for 5x5 on volume day was way too hard for squats and deadlifts and that I couldn't recover properly, I had to lower the volume on those two to 80% on volume day, but I had no problem doing it for ohp and bench, and I got good gains for those lifts.
OHP
120x5->145x5
Bench
185x5->225x5
Squat
265x5->305x5
Deadlift
300x5->335x5

I know my deadlift sucks, but I still made good progress in my opinion in just under 4 months.

can't tell if srs or not

Yes it was. You are retard too so pls don't post here too

>Most of you do retarded brosplits that take 4 years to get you anywhere
When will this meme end? Balconybro went from skelly to pic related in 2 years by clean bulking and following a retardedly high volume brosplit. Progressive overload, adequate food and sleep, and above all CONSISTENCY will get you results on any plan. There's nothing magical about squatting 3x a week and ridiculously low upper body volume when it comes to building muscle.

kill youreself!

That wasnt my point

The principles of a brosplit are all wrong hence whenever a person who does one sees a jacked person they ask them ''wut routine do you do'' as if the routine matters. There is no point in doing 5 different exercises for the chest or especially the biceps you fukin lunatic. You just need pick one chest exercise and get real strong at it
>muhhh balcony bro
>following a retardedly high volume brosplit.
>What is periodization
ok lets say it worked for him, do you look even remotely like him? I 100% guarantee you dont otherwise you wouldve posted your own body

dont believe everything you see on the internet, people will skew results to look more impressive. Maybe he even did roids or hes mastered posing in angles and looks dyel in a normal view

If you have a good and measurable way on how to manipulate intensity on that exercise, there's nothing that would speak against it, but an Uchikomi is a very dynamic and explosive movement, which is not supposed to be done for high repetitions, much like a clean or snatch. If you look at oly lifters, they improve their cleans by doing a shit ton of squats and heavy clean pulls. If your goal is to become stronger on your Uchikomi, you should do an exercise that uses similar muscles but does not depend on explosiveness.

looking disgusting m8

i took the bait, didn't i?

Nah he clearly knows his shit.
I'm just ragging on myself for not being able to see past his slobbiness

Greg Cuckolds is a hack

he promotes bloodflow restriction training for christ' sake

>4 years and looks DYEL

thats either a lie from him, or his friend

>anyone who looks decent from doing anything other than full body 3x a week did roids
Jesus Christ.

Alright, then post the body of ANYONE who looks as good as that after any length of time from doing any of Rippetoe's programs.

Again. that is not my fucking point

Why is SS notorious for giving a person big legs? Because you eventually get real fucking strong on the squat. Why is balcony bro muscular? I guarantee hes strong in upperbody stuff

SS WILL get you strong real fucking fast. Lets say you bench 60kg now, you would gain 2.5kg on your bench every session(1.5 a week) if you ate properly and followed the program. Thats 11.25 fucking kilograms in one fucking month(ideally), you would be benching over 2 plates within 4 months dude. Think about it

Do you know anyone who can rep 2 plates on the bench and looks like shit? I dont

Imagine how strong you would get within 6 months of SS

Imagine how strong you'd get if you did SS for 100 years. You could squat so much weight. Simply incredible.

>muh confirmation bias
ok good luck lifting 3 years being weak as fuck and coming on here asking for ''routines''

can confirm, works great
no poo smears at all

t. glutelet

I'm a fat/skinny newb who doesn't give a fuck about strength. I want to look ripped/jacked. Why should I do SS?
>Do you know anyone who can rep 2 plates on the bench and looks like shit?
Pic related has a 325 bench

That's bullshit and you know it. How the program is set up and whether or not your will actually be able to progress are 2 different aspects. Nobody does SS and never stalls for 4-6 months. For the same example if someone started out with a 60kg squat, he would be squatting 4pl8 in 4 months.

If I wrote a program where you have to increase your weights by 10kg every sessions would it be better than SS, because you could theoretically make faster gains if you're able to keep up with the program? No, because nobody can make those kind of gains.

30 is a baseline and I make about 100k a year right now overall. I am making more than anyone I know from my graduate school class.

If you make more than me more power to you, but for a guy in middle America I'm doing pretty good for myself.

I work on the ground for military construction projects in a few states. Won't say where or why. I'm not in the military, just landed in it after four years of harder construction work and have stayed associated. I'm technically working on 3-6 month contracts without any guarantees but I know a few guys who have been doing this for 15+ years so it seems steady enough.

2 words: Progressive Overload

SS is not the best template though, I'd recommend GSLP, but it's not too different so it doesn't really matter too much. SS is very good literature to understand what training does and how programs should be set up on top of explaining a lot of possible and useful exercises that could be added to the program.

yeah sure, you're doing pretty good money-wise.
it's just not "very good money".

also working that many hours per week is pretty awful.

Someone else said 60, I work 40-50 avg 5 days a week. the last time I had a 60 hour work week was the two weeks leading up to a deadline on a big job like a year ago.

And, it's relatively good money. I make as much as my doctor father does one state over and probably twice what I would be making if I had a job using my graduate psych degree.

Obviously I could be making more if I became an engineer and hit the jack pot, but I also wouldn't want that job. I enjoy what I do and make plenty to support myself and the people I care about.

that's great for you, sorry, didn't mean to shit rain on your parade.
i was just suprised that $30 an hour was considered "very good money" in the US.
that's kinda sad.

i'd agree that if you make decent money, other things begin to matter more.

It's called STARTING strength for a reason. It's a starting routine and a great one at that. You're not supposed to be doing it for 10 years.

It's not on the coasts but he said "middle america" cost of living there is basically nothing

ah, good point.

>A confident strongfat will have waay more luck with women than an autistic guy with low bodyfat who isn't very strong.
kekd hard and stopped reading

yeah to follow up the cost of living comment I bought a 4,000 square foot house with cash this year for around $100,000.

I may spend the same for cars, food, etc. as coastal America but I put away 3-4x,xxx a year the last 4 years.

>It's called STARTING strength for a reason.
How can you respect the opinion of someone like in the video I linked? Every weightlifting coach, in every confederation worldwide, since the beginning of the sport, had it all wrong. Luckily, Rippetoe knows. Low bar squat for olympic lifters, what a revelation. And look how far the athletes he is training havecome.

that makes a big difference, yeah.

Well in football for a lot of the positions having extra bodyfat is actually really helpful.

Please go on to tell me about all of your sports experience.

>literally pulling the same ad hominem shit he addresses in the video
How about you provide some arguments why high bar is better? This also doesn't invalidate SS as a beginner routine in any way.

>Every weightlifting coach, in every confederation worldwide, since the beginning of the sport

muh arguments

So ad hominem is all you can come up with?

He even says in the video he's willing to debate it but nobody's ever come up with a single reason why high bar would be better.

Also this still doesn't invalidate SS as a beginner routine

that has nothing to do with ad hominem.
just go to reddit and spam your fallacies there.

it's roger estep you shitbrain

Yes it does. You're attacking him (how can you take this man seriously) with no other basis than 'most strength coaches disagree'. It is both an ad hominem and an appeal to authority, neither of which are arguments.
>just go to reddit and spam your fallacies there.
ANOTHER personal attack. The irony.

>you're
i only posted the quote with "muh arguments".
the posts before that are from another user.

>with no other basis than 'most strength coaches disagree'
this basis is worth a lot more than any shitty argument anyone on Veeky Forums can come up with.

>appeal to authority
dude, you're a fucking joke.

better not believe anything any big organisation says right?
it's all "appeal to authority"
fuck off

It's a literal logical fallacy you fucking brainlet. Maybe you need to put down the weights and work out at the library. It has nothing to do with 'big organizations'

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

schools are deprecated now.
pack it up boys, it's all done.
teachers all commit the heinous fallacy of "appeal to authority".

hahahahaha

not the user you're replying to, but just because it's a logical fallacy doesn't mean that the conclusions are not more reasonable in light of the premises

if, after decades of experience, all successful weightlifting coaches propose that their lifters use high bar squats, does that prove that high bar squats are more effective than low bar squats for weightlifters? of course not. but it'd be pretty odd if you didn't update your assessment, given that consensus (and given Rippetoe's total absence of success in training weightlifters)

this board is full of infants

Isn't he a homophobe too? Feel like everyone should pirate his book like I did if they want to read it. Guy doesn't deserve our money or our respect :(

i couldn't muster up the politeness because i didnt think ur shitty reasoning is worth a non-meme answer, but yeah, basically this.

Your point is? No serious football program has its athletes doing SS or the TM.

Dude. Some of us do man shit for work instead of slowly rotting in an office.

Shut up faggot would you kys already please. Or at the very least, stop tripping. You huge gigantic faggot

>if after centuries of observations all scientists propose the earth is flat, it would be odd if you didn't update your assessment given that consensus
I feel I'm misunderstood here. Please note I only made two statements:
>Starting strength is a viable beginner program, if not a very good one
>Rippetoe's defense of the low bar squat given his reasoning is reasonable given the fact that the whole world refuses to provide any arguments to the contrary.

He literally says in the video that he would be willing to accept arguments to the contrary if anyone would provide them but nobody does. When I point this out, people ironically continue to not bring up any arguments so Rippetoe's defense is still reasonable.

I'm not defending the low bar squat. I'm defending Rippetoe's defense of the low bar squat.

lamo how dare he appeal to the authority of literally every single successful coach and athlete in the sport ever, no surely until all of them come forward and directly challenge the arguments of one fat irrelvant fuck from texas the point is moot

do you know witchita barbell cub has an olympic weightlifting division that is utter dogshit even by american standards? i mean that goes without saying since rippetoe failed to produce a single impressive athlete in his career but why doesnt he apply his wild new principle of superior low bar squat to his own athletes to gain an egde?

rippetoe is a fucking hack. in weightlifting back squat is used as a primary movement to develop leg strength. rippetoe argues lb squat is superior because it more closely resebles the first stage of clean and snatch wherein posterior chain is utilized to a higher degree, therefore the carryover from lb squat would be of benefit. what he fails to understand is the very purpose of the squat in the context of weightlifting,weightlifters already do A FUCKTON of actual pulls to assist the first stage of cnj and snatch, they squat for a very different purpose.