Do what ever the fuck you wanna do

Can you get gains by following that paradigm?

An example:

I started SS 5 months ago, I followed exactly the program as stated. I tried for 1 month doing the power cleans but I hated the exercise because my form was fucked. So I gave up and did SS with no power cleans (do light deadlifts instead).

I had some nice gains, I grew in size. But I get this vibe by everyone here that you either do SS exactly as it is stated in the book (which I'll have more time to read during summer), or you do something else which is wrong and you get 0 gains.

Well, I didn't get 0 gains, for the first time ever my chest grew and hell I even managed to get my abs showing because I was doing cardio on my off days. I like doing deadlifts, squats, overhead press and bench press and chin ups. All of these exercise are very fun. So my plan is to just do them until I feel like I've had enough.

do speed deadlifts instead. 10 singles with a minute in between each one.

>Well, I didn't get 0 gains, for the first time ever my chest grew and hell I even managed to get my abs showing because I was doing cardio on my off days. I like doing deadlifts, squats, overhead press and bench press and chin ups. All of these exercise are very fun. So my plan is to just do them until I feel like I've had enough.

Exactly.

Stick with a program till you can no longer make progress, or no longer are having fun.

just practice power cleans more bro. They aren't that hard. When your form is okay they are really fun to do as well. Watch his art of manliness tutorial on them.

Ideally you should do them but you can opt out. His older trainees don't do them.

But if you are seeing your abs you aren't making as much gains as you could be making because you ain't eating enough. You didn't read the book did you? Nope you didn't

DRAHVE UR ASS BRHETT

>tfw rippetoad will never touch your ass and while telling you to drive it upward

why even bother living

Only problem I had with SS was lack of arm definition.

why didn't you do 3 sets of 10 curls at the end?

Another thing to remember OP, as long as you're getting adequate rest the programming really is insignificant. As long as you make it work it will work for you.

You'll make it bro

i have started SS about 3 times and stalled after less than a month (despite eating massive calorie surplus). is there another program for duper skeletons

>abs showing because I was doing cardio on my off days
that's not how it works, dumbass

you're either doing the program wrong or you're completely devoid of talent. and how are you still a duper skeleton after trying SS thrice and eating a "massive calorie surplus"? anyway, if SS doesn't work for you then you have some kind of issue that's not about routine choice.

It is a puzzle for me too. I assume it was at least partly due to bad form but most people dont have perfect form and still make progress.

i am beginning to believe that somatotypes are real and im just too much of a ectomorph to get strong

post a pic of yourself. maybe you have some posture/form issues or muscle imbalances. If you are super skelly you might have to use smaller increases when progressing

there are some common mistake:
1. not resting 5+ minutes between sets
2. not using 0.5kg plates for the bench and press
3. not eating/sleeping enough

if you do those things and have at least reasonable form then you should get fairly strong on SS. if you fail any of those things then you're not really doing the program and aren't allowed to complain about the results.

5 minutes between sets? That seems like a really fucking long time

definitely have bad posture and shoulder issues as a result. but i would do the exercises with good posture.

>1. not resting 5+ minutes between sets
damn really? i read the SS pdf and don't remember that part. maybe that was it

it's not that long when we're talking about sets of heavy compounds, and it's the time required to (almost) fully recover between sets. it's not possible to properly do SS, and many other routines based on sets across, without resting that long.

>damn really? i read the SS pdf and don't remember that part. maybe that was it
if you could do the first set relatively easily and failed the second or third set then that's most likely the issue. you're supposed to have 3 sets that are all quite hard, and that's not possible unless you rest long enough to almost fully recover.

>a novice doing mainly core compound movements

>gets bigger and stronger

Who fucking knew?

good to know, i was afraid I'm resting to long between sets sometimes.

This explains why my OHP game is so weak. Thank you based user

OP here

yes, 5 minutes is absolutely necessary. I realized this after stalling in month 2.

It was my forearms. And calves. Everything else was good according to my wife.
>She tells you that your the opposite of popeye and you look like a prehistoric dinosaur