/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/ powerlifting general

I present to you Dino's laughable arm edition

yes sir, the claim that he is running a novice program is very much proven by this visual evidence of an arm that looks like it hasn't touched a barbell

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DyB_LrHm9oU&ab_channel=StartingStrongman
vocaroo.com/i/s1wbdg9knukf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First

The worlds strongest man is British

And don't forget it

>I take pride in other peoples accomplishments

not actually though, pic related

literally looks like hes crying lmao

yeah lmao

Your arm must be way worse than the op pic if youre too afraid to post

>taking pride in the accomplishments of the man representing your country is a bad thing

Men don't cry.

idk whos side your on t b h

>your arm is worse than a chubby obese manlet who has never touched a barbell in his life

no dino im afraid it isnt worse than yours :)

I dont take sides I merely post facts

Did my front squats, medium grip bench, and row/tri ext'n superset, now off to ingest a bunch of hallucinogenic mushrooms with the lads.

Sean and manta together

When did powerlifting become unironically gay

maybe when you started posting your chubby dadbod arm?

thoughts?

Seaneralda

Who is top right?

Pls respond, could front squatting 5x5 every other day work or is it a guaranteed fail? I'm tempted to try it.

It's either 3x3 or 5x5 I'm not sure yet.

Lmao he transcended after death

hmmm

work or fail in achieving what exactly??

transcended into you?

Why does he think that? Haven't followed results

Work in developing a stronger, cleaner squat and becoming more comfortable squatting?
Or fail as in would front squatting 5x5 or 3x3 every other day just ruin me or could you recover from it? I've never really tried it.

he loss 1 rep by a referee on the viking press.

and it didnt matter cause fat hall will win anyway even with that

Front squats aren't that damaging. Plenty of WLers squat/front squat more than that in a week. Do some back squats though, nigger.

>and it didnt matter cause fat hall will win anyway even with that

why do you keep saying that?

judges didnt count his last rep on viking press even tho it was good. if he got 15 he would have tied with eddie and won overall. except he wouldnt have because eddie had more in the tank and only did 15 because it was what he needed to beat thor

you should just focus on back squatting better. slow your reps down. do pause reps. and play around with technique

read

>xcept he wouldnt have because eddie had more in the tank

youtube.com/watch?v=DyB_LrHm9oU&ab_channel=StartingStrongman

objectively incorrect, his last rep was clearly all he had left not to mention time ran out when he got that one

read

he was barely using leg drive, the rep was easy. he let the timer run down because he knew he didnt need it

t. halfwaytocry I mean halfthor

you're fucking delusional, he didnt let the timer run out, it literally just ran out when he got his last rep, why the fuck would he wait around and waddle for 20 seconds between that rep, if he had more in the tank he would have got the 15 with 30 seconds on the clock then ran away, that did not happen, he clearly couldnt have got another one even if time permitted, which it did not

also he clearly used all the leg drive he had it just isnt as noticeable as thors because he has short fat stubby legs

he had a long pause after ~11 which he didnt need. and have you seen him to yoke press in training, or other comp presses. he can get a huge amount from leg drive/ momentum. he just didnt need it here

Im just looking at it through an objective point of view

He wished, unrealistic goals so he committed sudoku

>which he didnt need
if he didnt need it he wouldnt have fucking taken them, he would have jst done the 15 then walked off, not nearly collapse on the ground and shake the weight up all the way

>he just didnt need it here

he did and he used all he had

Do some lighter deads if you don't like cleans. Like 2-3x5 stiff-leg deads, or a few speed deads. Or maybe good mornings. Something more hammy related than just adding more rows.

a dumb point of view. its very clear he was playing a points game. thats how these comps work. you do the minimum reps to be one ahead of your opponent

yes you can play the points but this was an instance where he gave all he could to get the points he needed, the minimum he needed was his maximum

have you actually seen his other presses. he uses his whole body. if he needed it, why didnt he use the full extent of his ability? and he took the break because he wanted to do the bare minimum and save it for the next event. consecutive reps are more taxing

why would he have waited to the very LAST second to do the last rep he needed, if it was easy he would have done it with time remaining then walk off, not wait to the last second as shit could have went wrong, grip slipping etc, he wouldnt have taken that risk unless he needed all the rest he could to do that last rep he may or may not have had

look at his other presses. that isnt what his max effort press looks like

Anyone seen decent gains from pairing nuckols squat and DL 2x routines?

cockiness

yes it is, I'm sorry but ive seen lots of strongman events where if they needed a set amount of points they get it and then walk off with time still on the clock, not once do they wait to the last millisecond to do the one important rep they need unless they were gasssed to the extreme

someone who is cocky would do 15 reps in 15 seconds then walk off not look like they were struggling and needing 20 second rests lol fuck off delusional britcuck

looks more impressive then the worlds strongest mans right now. Whoo looks like a regular fat person with diabetes.

Here's my fatcep lol. So laying tricep extensions helped me get long head development that was very lacking from SS beginnings. Doesn't help bench though. But I started actually doing shrugs the first time ever and the carryover to bench seems incredible. All of the pressure is off my front delts!

virtus has diabetes and is shredded though

I swear I'll bang you out m8

your mother must be proud

its hilarious because all these worlds strongest men have these cute baby heads

dont speak to me ever again

pathetic nig

come to my endz pussyhol an you'll get fokin smashed

you dont happen to have that glorious fatcep in the OP pic do yoou?

Does it kill everyone to try to actually discuss lifting methods here or what? I was never a good bencher and I feel like this is a huge training breakthrough, was interested to hear what people thought of it, if they had similar experiences, or other training suggestions.

oh sorry i dont read what people write just comment on pictures or just pic a word or two out of the sentence

Coming from a cuck who doesnt compete at anything lol

what do you compete at, hotdog eating contests? topfucking kek for all the talk about you doing cardio it certainly does not show with your obese body, desu though id proably think about doing cardio too if i was a fat shit like you kek

Okay, thank you. From what I understand, the benefit of olympic lifting in routines is working on building explosiveness. Will I be missing out a lot if I don't do any?

You literally have a beer gut

Not too much, from a powerlifting or general strength or aesthetics perspective. The olympic lifts and/or plyometric exercises are primarily for strength training for general athletics, people who need to be strong AND explosive. Which isn't powerlifters, people who train for "fun" or a hobby, or people who just want to be bigger to look better. For those people, alter the program, make the substitution. the main issue with the listed program is that you want something pulling, that is either assistance to the dead/squat or works many of the same muscles, BUT at a lighter intensity and workload than deadlifts. Hence the choices I laid out.

this is a classic projection seeing how your arm unironically looks like a 35 dadbods arm who hasnt touched a barbell in 15 years

There's a voice
That keeps on calling me
Down the road
That's where I'll always be
Every stop I make
I make a new friend
Can't stay for long
Just turn around and I'm gone again

Toot toot to toot

Not even that guy your pathetic talking shit like the weak midget you are

Uh yes you are exactly who I am talking about
>he weak midget you are
this is a projection, dino, you weak fat midget

>this is the coverage we get of wsm

fucking laughable. look at even last year and thers casters and everything for the event like its a professional sport not a fucking they fly to africa like fuck tards

When should I reaaally wear a lifting belt?
I told myself i wouldnt buy one until i can squat 3 plates. Or should i wait longer?

Wrist wraps? Yay or ney?
Don't really have wrist pain or anything, barbell is basically always over my wrist, but should i cop and if so, whats a good length/brand?

Knee sleeves?
When would i need them? Not injured or anything, obviously not lifting a huuge amount of weight yet, so when would be a reasonable time to start using them?

Last one, I currently squat in converse and i dont feel anything wrong, should i even bother with squat shoes when the time comes?

belts are unlocked after 450lbs
wrist wraps are unlocked after a 330lbs bench

So you dont use either?

>Belt
Whenever you want
>Wrist wraps
Whenever you want
>Knee sleeves
Whenever you want, they're not necessary for anything but they make your knees feel comfy
>Squat shoes from converse
Squatting in heels vs flats is up to the person, I prefer squatting in heels, regardless of bar position. Others might not.

Nice projection Dino

Ahahahahaha

It's more about the %'s you are lifting that the actual weight.... if you are going for a new RM in the 1-5 range, you can wear a belt, albeit, you will look like a shit cunt if your 1RM squat is 205 with belt.

Also.... don't use a belt to compensate for shitty form or a weak core. Record yourself or have someone more experienced watch you squat/DL etc to determine this.

Kek

Meant for

Does anyone have the vocaroo of Sean taking a ghenkis khan? I wanna have a wank

no one finds your projections funny Dino

Rekt

No but you can have this

vocaroo.com/i/s1wbdg9knukf

sean on suicide watch LOL poor pajeet

hahahahaha

Why dead :(

what belt should I get?

i heard that i should get a 10mm single prong. is it right?
also, what brand should i go for

get a quick release. titan longhorn is good

>inb4 sean comes and tries to tell us about tinys QR and how it was shit

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

i will let you wrap my foreskin around you waist

because i had sex with your father

>overeat
>hungry at night anyway

Worst of both world's

>undereat
>supposed to hit a squat pr tomorrow

my world is more worser than yours

>tinys

tines? that just looks silly

tinies

no i mean tiny was a trip who hasnt posted in years and i dont think he ever had a belt or did deadlifts or squats for that matter

who saw it whos wahlander you posted the other day? I swear it was tiny

Heh, well good luck user, get your sleep at least