Hello Veeky Forums. Can we have a thread where we talk about Neolithic scripts in western europe?

Hello Veeky Forums. Can we have a thread where we talk about Neolithic scripts in western europe?

The whole no europeans had writing before the romans stick always rang false to me and so I decided to do a little research. I found that, contrary to popular opinion, there are infact numerous instances of symbols, pictographs and proto-writing across a number of different sites dating back at least 5000 years. However time and time again they are dismissed as "doodles".

Why is there no serious research into this and what does Veeky Forums think about the possibility of early writing in neolithic europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/theres-no-place-like-home-says-son-of-cheddar-man-1271817.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pic related is from Skara Brae in Orkney. While B and E are clearly decorative D looks particularly like runic script.

This was found on a bed in one of the houses and dates to ~3000BC.

This is a sample of some script found at the Ness of Brodgar also in Orkney.

Notice the Ior rune at the start.

No point studying """""""""""Proto-Writing"""""""""""" when we will never have a single clue about the language

What makes you think we'll never know anything about it?

I think there's a ton of point studying it even if we never know what it actually says. It's part of our heritage and proves that we wern't cavemen who were less advanced than the rest of the world.

Or is that the narrative you're trying to enforce?

Whatever these languages were they are extinct now. How could we possibly ever know what these scratches mean, if anything?

>turning thought experiments into cold hard fact

The same way we know what any ancient 'scratches' mean. It's not out of the realm of possibility that new discoveries both in the earth and in linguistics would allow us to decipher these things.

What difference does it make that they are extint?

It's well outside the realm of possibility unless time travel or at least observing different parts of the space-time continuum without influencing the past is possible. Go away with your brainlet shit.

>we
Those people were largely replaced by your ancestors.

>We already know everything possible to know.
Are you legitimately retarded or something?

Even without discovering something like the Rosetta stone there are a number of deductions that could be made given enough data. In the past couple of years deciphering algorithms have advanced massively that could allow for some insight.

Nope. You're legitimately retarded and probably frequent /x/.

Actually no, they weren't.

independent.co.uk/news/theres-no-place-like-home-says-son-of-cheddar-man-1271817.html

Why does this topic get people so mad?

>1997
What does Cheddar man have to do with anything, anyway?
These Skara Brae guys were recent arrivals from Portugal. Their culture abruptly ended when Indo-Europeans came and slaughtered them.

Great counterargument there. Really well done. You should give yourself a pat on the back for that fantastic reasoning.

Let's say Elon Musk made a magical computer which analyzed these scratches and gave epic poetry about Atlantis as output without fail. How would we possibly confirm this result to be genuine and not an artifact of the algorithm?
We couldn't, ever. It would always be pseudoscience if even that.

not western europe, but still europe. It's found in modern-day croatia and is about 4500 to 5000 years old.

>The whole no europeans had writing before the romans stick always rang false to me

Europeans did write before Romans in the Greek and Phoenician influenced territories

We couldn't confirm that absurdity no, but if it said, "Igrod was buried here." next to the grave of a man. We could confirm that.

Or if it said, "Yallar wounds the mammoth with a spear" next to a picture of a dude chucking a spear at a mammoth. Then we could confirm that.

I'm not suggesting that these people were alien hybrids from a lost spacefaring civilisation. I'm just positing that they had script comparable to other early civilisations from around the world.

But you're wrong. We couldn't confirm anything. The bottleneck is the lack of data.

It didn't "abruptly" end, those sites in the Orkney island were largely abandoned after 2800 bc as the climate got colder and they migrated south, yes they were raped hard but the culture ended for other reasons

The true history of Europe is destroyed or subverted due to two great evils which are the same (YHWH):

First christianity defiled everything and labeled everything authentic, Good, and european as evil.

Second, in our modern times liberalism does the same.

You can also clearly see that both YHWH's cult and liberalism (under the guise of science and anthropology) has a vested interest into convincing us that the Middle East is "important" and other stronger claims.

My simple theory regarding neolithic european scripts is that they are connected to chinese oracle bone script. Meaning, there was communication via eurasian steppe, or more likely a protoculture fully unknown and primal from which both the White race and Asians derived the initial spark. Miguel Serrano claims that a certain old guy who was in the Ahnenerbe (I forgot his name) researched this, and he spoke to him just prior to fully blown WW2. He also wrote a book. Basically there was a city state or small civilization in the Gobi desert prior to the end of the Ice Age that got destroyed and which achieved writting, metallurgy etc. Nothing sci-fi, but pretty damn impressive.

The writings in caves across Europe are remnants of remnants of that, of those people who survived the destruction. It is possible their progeny had very little understanding of their heritage.

The book mentioned above cannot be found anymore, because like thousands of books it was destroyed by the Allies and blacklisted at the end of WW2. Basically we will never know the truth. It was found, and then burned. You can see the same occuring in Alexandria previously (YHWH's christian slaves) and so forth.