Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums,

Does this shit get easier?

I'm a 29-year-old guy with the muscle mass equivalence of an 11-year-old girl. When I get to those free weights, I'm so new that I look like a chicken with its head cut off, flailing about because I feel like I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. I can never finish my sets, and when I drop the weight down to grandma levels, the sets become too easy.

Right now I'm sorer than a Taiwanese preteen's twat.

But I NEED to do this.

Do you have any advice for me? Maybe something that can make this whole experience feel a bit more systematic?

READ

>Can't finish sets with weight A
>Weight C is too easy

Use weight B

I read the sticky. Just looking for some additional conversation/advice from Veeky Forums goers.

why do you know what an 11 y/o girls body looks like you pedo

anyway. just start with the easy weight and add weight each session. the soreness (DOMs) will stop happening withing a couple of weeks. what program are you running atm?

THE

SS + GOMAD

Soreness will only be there for the first couple workouts

Feeling confident/comfortable with the movements will take longer. Everyone's uncomfortable with a new lift for a while. Within a few weeks it will feel a lot better

BIBLE

I approve

If you're not consistently 'somewhat' sore after every other workout something's wrong.

Right. The soreness should get "easier" but you should still be soreish. Otherwise, you really are stagnating. I know when I am taking it easy, and not pushing myself, because I find it all too easy, and that is exactly what I am doing. Just what my body is now adapted to doing. This is why it is important to just know the types of workouts, and whim it when you go to the gym. Instead of must do exercise a 10 times, then b, then c, etc.. That is going to hit a dead end.

Get on a program.
Eat above maintenance.
Know what you're going to do in the gym before you get to the gym.
Know which muscle is worked by each exercise you do.
Since you're a beginner, every session you're in the gym, the exercises you do should increase in either weight lifted, or reps completed.

Try doing shit at home, try to train like a prisoner or boxer. Do a shit ton of situps and pushups at home(I assume you can't do pullups) every other day, or everyday if you feel up to it. After a month or two you will begin to see significant changes. Then go to the gym, and you will probably be stronger than you thought you would be.

Yeah but unless you're REALLY ramping up the volume or intensity, that soreness isn't going to hold a candle to beginner DOMS

Am I supposed to be eating over maintenance if I am 15 lbs overweight too?

If you wanna get big. Eat big. But you know. Eat a lot of healthy shit. Also working out will make your muscles bigger.

If you wanna do it you're gonna do it, you know what the fuck you should be doing. You can sit here looking for advice on Veeky Forums til the cows come home, but goddamn it you're just looking for inspiration that you don't have. Eat big and lift big. CMON

>tfw 5'8" 140 lb twig with stick arms
>have to do bicep curls, two arm tricep extentions and shrugs with grandma weight 28 lb dumbbells
>do like 4 sets of 10 reps but doesnt matter because they are pathetic weights

Ok, so you read the stick as you said here .

What routine are you doing? Try something like Ice Cream Fitness. Decent routine based on Stronglifts/Starting Strength with some accessory work thrown in. Track your weights and try to increase say 5lbs/2.5kg each workout. CONSISTENCY is key - hit the gym three times a week.

Eat properly. As a skelly like me, I know you'll find it tough. Lots of stuff to help you on your way though - drink enough water, stop drinking fizzy drinks/alcohol, etc.

Work out your TDEE and the amount you need to eat to bulk. Varies based on weight, age, height, etc, but at a guess I'd bet you come out at around 3500kcal per day. Use a TDEE calculator and get back to us.

Then finally, consider steroids. Safe, legal, and EXTREMELY effective. Best thing I ever did.

Two years ago I was 50kg and doing Stronglifts. I did get my squat up to 65kg and could deadlift 90/100kg depending on the day, but my eating was appalling. I didn't put on weight, and then my panic attacks/anxiety got so bad I could barely eat.

About a year ago I got over it though and started to eat properly, ish. I only managed around 2500-3000kcal a day, but it was better than the 500 I was managing at times.

Fast forward to now. I'm hitting 3500 easily, and my gym routine is very consistent. Then I started on gear a few weeks ago. We're only on week three, but I'm hitting 4000kcal+. Hit 65kg for the first time in my life yesterday, a 5kg increase in about two weeks. I've never felt better personally.

Just wish I knew all this and did it sooner.

Aren't steroids illegal in the US

Don't fall for the SS meme. Don't move up in weight until you can do 3x10 with your current weight. Also do accessories, negatives on machines will be fine.

Yes, they're illegal in most third world countries.

In developed nations they're perfectly legal.

Long live the Queen.