Americans are getting bigger each year, how do we stop the obesity epidemic?

Americans are getting bigger each year, how do we stop the obesity epidemic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fISgKl8dB3M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Route_145
amazon.com/RoadPro-12-Volt-Portable-Stove-Black/dp/B00030DLEE
recessfacts.wordpress.com/legislation/recess-across-the-united-states/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

climate change induced famine

Pennsylvania is a shithole

You won't

America is ruled by corporations, whether they're justifying arms production with Middle Eastern conflicts, keeping pharmaceuticals artificially high with anti-competitive legislature, subsidizing corn to the extent where processed carbs are literally cheaper than dirt, or even changing what makes a "healthy" diet to maximize profit

Could be part of any city in the US

I can't wait for Hillary to win in 2020 so we can redefine clinical obesity to over 500 lbs

Why would you? It's just less competition for those of us who can stay fit.

I just realized why I hate architecute like this so fucking much. It's wide open, no trees, not even any tall buildings, just the same small fast food shops and malls, with the sun blazing down on you from the wide open sky. So fucking uncomfy.

This. As someone who drives a lot for travel, there are so many interstate towns that look like this.

We do that thing where in WW2 you had to ration out food for the troops

It's for long distance driving
Hence why the huge highway

Because some people would rather not live in a nation full of fatasses. Though, your point is valid.

Yeah but there are still a lot of fat bitches

I'm talking less about the road, and more about the buildings around it.

Yeah
Let's say that you a middle class family on a road trip
Obviously you won't go to a real restaurant to eat unless you planned it so you go to a fast food place
If you're kid wants taco bell but you want subway this is the perfect place
These places are rare but it's still useful when the time comes

>I'll take what is a cooler for $500 Alex

>how do we stop the obesity epidemic?

There's no simple solution obviously, but we could start by ending farm subsidies.

You're going to put Tupperware lunches in a cooler?

Literally the only way to stop it is to force the average American to care about what they in their face

Do so you only can buy raw products on food stamps, so no soda and stuff, when you get on food stamp you are shown a video on the government's website on how to cook food, there will also be a video on nutrition and one on basic fitness, these videos will also be shown in school

Reintroduce the jfk challenge program, boys and girls have separate PE, more focused on conditioning, strength and also team work instead of playing dodgeball
youtu.be/fISgKl8dB3M

>It's just less competition for those of us who can stay fit
Yes, but you're competing for a smaller pool.

education

That's the solution to fucking everything. Drugs, Obesity, Teen Pregnancy, Drunk Driving, Crime, you can keep naming them. There's a cult of ignorance in the US, and even if you have to make kids miserably sit through class after class of Home Ec, and Sex Ed, that shit fucking works.

You wouldn't believe the weird looks I get when I tell people you could solve most problems by making people smarter/teaching them how to think. So many people try to solve symptoms of an underlying problem (harsher punishments for crime, banning sex education, etc) when really you just need to not be so much of a dumbass that you can actually consider your actions and their repercussions.

>These places are rare
Here in Canada there's a place like that about every hour of driving in any direction

Tax sugar 10000%

Use money for new health and fitness education in elementary to high schools

Canada is shit then
But I live in manhattan so I wouldn't know about Canada

I'd disagree that you can solve such problems by education.
I used to hang out with the 'punks' or whatever during high school, we were all losers, junkies, most of the girls got pregnant before 20, and we knew that we were fucking our lives up, we just didn't care, due to various reasons.

Most people know being obese is awful, that texting and driving can get you killed, and all that, but they do it anyway.

this 100%!

but don't stop there. we really need to after the snackfood companies HARD. like we have with the tobacco industry. shit foods need to be publically demonized and the snackfood companies need to be paying for the ads that denounce them. tax the people profiting off of the obesity epidemic.

and part of the education program needs to be focused on why being fat is such a problem. this "fat acceptance" thing needs to die.

yes?

>hillary
>still alive in 2020
lel

A 2 liter of coke costs like 99 cents at wally world. Think of how many calories that is and how little money that is. We have absurdly calorically dense and sugar dense foods for very little money. Normies know nothing about nutrition so before we even talk about things like macros we have to cut out all the beer, sugar, soda, and other nonsensical """"food"""".

The Republican healthcare plan seems to be a thinly-veiled eugenics system so I guess the free market will fix it.

Make junk food a little more expensive and make them into more suitable portion size (Takeaways) people just eat takeaway everyday because its cheaper than cooking the same thing and instant. Also a lot of food with shit tons of calories for cheap. Also not a lot of people educated to proper portions and over eat (Even if healthy or not). That's my take anyways.

I usually hate the 'I can buy 5 meals at Mcdonalds or two eggs and a piece of broccoli for 20$' type posts but I do have to agree that it's weird that soda costs less than plain bottled water even from the same company.

Either they use shit water for the soda, or I don't know what.

Why this won't happen:

>Corporations want people consuming their products

>Corporations lobby the government to let people buy their products with food stamps

1.5 liter coke costs like 3 euros here in Finland

Everyone has the whole repository of human knowledge on their phone. We use it to shitpost and whack off.

Not real cities like new york, philly, Sf or DC. if your walk score is low i dont even consider it a real city just a oversized suburb

How're you going to eat it on the road?
There's no microwave in a car

>Tax sugar 10000%

You don't have to make it a hot meal.

Thats Pennsylvania
You can tell by the shape of the state route sign
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Route_145

Plus what about your kids
Or your wife
You think little Suzy is going to behave after you pass a Wendy's or something

"American gothic"

>Reintroduce the jfk challenge program

the only reason this shit got through the first time was so to spook the Russians (And if so be it if we went to war we'd have physically fit kids already to fit it)

Better school lunches, useful nutrition classes, and PE classes that aren't a joke

I was in DC last week, and I went to all the big touristy monuments.

It was frankly depressing how fat the preteens on these school trips were. It was more unsightly than the fashion sense of the old Chinese tourists, and that's saying something

>2017
>not realizing that the USA is a shit hole

Kys

>Pennsylvania is a shithole
Philly's new soda tax is going really well and deterring a lot of people from buying sugary drinks. It's a step in the right direction for curbing the obesity epidemic.

You can't convince people to change their diets unless you force warning labels on boxes like they do with cigarettes, which will never happen because the food industry is the largest industry in the world.

That being said, one of the primary reasons Americans are so obese really starts in schools. The government doesn't actually fund school lunches. Schools receive their funding and food from all of the major food industry players that own Coca Cola and McDonald's, which is why there are literally fast food restaurants in schools. That shit is being fed to our children to get them fat and addicted early. It's even worse when the parents are also fat and addicted to garbage, so the kids of course have no sense of self control because their parents don't have any to teach them.

> americans
> niggers and spics
> pick one or the other
Seriously the obeastity problem is highest with niggers and spic. I guess the deportations will fix much of the "epidemic" among "americans" and if we enforce work for welfare and cut down on ebt fraud, the negresses will get skinnier.

I've bought one of these. Best $30 I've spent in my life to reheat my meals on the go. Tuppers in the cooler, heat them up. Perfection.

amazon.com/RoadPro-12-Volt-Portable-Stove-Black/dp/B00030DLEE

1. Education in school (nutritional and cooking classes are mandatory subjects).
2. Measuring kids' waistlines in schools until age 18, fining the parents for excessive fat. (Can opt for neck/caliper test like in the military).
3. Actual military style PE in school (running, jumping, bearcrawls, etc.)
4. Bring back recess (because it's healthy to just chill every once and a while)
5. Nutritional and exercise booklets given to all adults in the mail (if only SOME people follow it, things will improve)
6. Confront the food companies head on and challenge them like was done against big tobacco.
7. In general, take a "Greek" approach to life, that everyone should be both physically fit and well-read.

This would probably take a legit dictator to enact, but whatever.

>More than two thirds of US adults are obese/overweight
>Will be 80% by 2030

Just hope to hell you never get universal healthcare. Your taxes would go through the roof

>4. Bring back recess

Do amerilards really don't have this? For what purpose?

It's not gone, just dying.

Most states went from laws requiring recess, to not requiring it. So SJWs in local school boards started banning it since it "promotes bullying" and "breaks of physical activity are only beneficial to boys... SEXISM!".

It sucks, but recess in America is on it's way out.

Sounds pretty much like nazi germany desu.
Well, if you look at the Hitler Jugend, you see what he accomplished.

recessfacts.wordpress.com/legislation/recess-across-the-united-states/

Forgot to put the link with different state policies. Red states are doing a little better than blue states, but things don't look good for recess...

I'm getting old at 27 - schools really stopped having recess?

No wonder kids are getting diagnosed with ADD and autism left and right - PE and recess were the main places for me to get rid of my excess kid energy. We're no different from dogs - don't exercise them at all and you're gonna get problems.

All gas stations have a mircowave you can use.

Not if shes never had wendys before and your cooking is >>>>>> than fast food

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Why stop it when I can profit from it?

I was going to say educate the kids better.

Then I remembered that the schools have fast food outlets in them. So basically they're screwed.

We aren't so far behind here in the UK.

People need to wake up and take responsibility for their own actions.

Shit isn't going to stop
Doesnt really matter anyway since you'll look even better compared to the average