So I hurt my back today doing deadlifts, now my lower right back muscle hurts and I can't bend over without pain...

So I hurt my back today doing deadlifts, now my lower right back muscle hurts and I can't bend over without pain. Other than rest, is there anything else I can do to speed up recovery? Any idea how long it'll take?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/aches-and-pains
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As long as it needs to, dickhead. Don't fuck around with back pain or you'll never fight your way out of the manlet pit.

this

dont even fuck with back pain you really dont want to make it worse

can I do cardio then instead? Biking I suppose would be the easiest on the back

Yes.

yeah keep up the cardio for sure

You should really see a doctor.

this happened to me 3 years ago and i still get pain in the exact same spot, went to doctors and they were just like "i dunno lol"

What's a doctor going to do?

>doc my back hurts right here from doing deadlifts
>yeah man you lifted to heavy, just avoid weights until you feel better
>oh that'll be 400 dollars

Or they can hook you up with some physio, ya silly tit.

I got an injury a while back and not doing shit didn't help. Guess what? Two months of physio.

Deadlift through the pain

Magnesium oil on the area. Do deadbugs ams planks. Do light deadlifts with the bar for 15/20 reps. Also walk a lot.

Just pulled my back 3 days ago. First day hurt to stand let alone bend. Second day could bend without pain but lifting irritated my back. Third day i hit my usual warm up sets with pain at the end.

My understanding is usually the muscles lock up to prevent damage. Therefore slowly getting them to activate again and loosen up through use gets you back in the game sooner. Also active recovery is better than just RICE from what ive read.

startingstrength.com/article/aches-and-pains

Get readin' faggets

I too pulled my upper back muscle rack pulling my gf off the couch and was having shooting pains for 3 days, what helped me heal within 3-4 days was pain meds (ibuprofen) and walking home from the hospital when I visited the doctor.

These days you can just youtube everything, I wake up with a working body everyday thanks to Kelly Starrett

OP if I strain my lower back it typically only takes me about a week with proper stretching to get back into it. I've never slipped a disk or had it bulge though

Oh do tell me how you're going to lern and perform EMDA on yourself with the help of youtube.

Protip: use a fork and an electric socket for better effects.

Lmao you have the 'tism m8

There is like a .000001% chance OP needs whatever the fuck you just mentioned, yet you're confident going to the doctor just to get refereed to go get that treatment is the best course of action--so much so you're telling me to go kill myself

Top kek dude you need to spend more time outside

>I have no idea what you're talking about but he definitely doesn't need it
The mark of a true wiseman

>americans

A doctor here would give me a script for meds and it wouldnt cost me a cent :))))))

Yes, something that returns nothing from a google search is obviously a panacea for back pain

It's not about that specific thing, but why just throw out the doctor? They don't all suck

>EMDA, electromotive drug administration

Why are you even here if you can't even use a search engine properly.

Yes, ignore the fact that that still your recommendation is irrelevant

I know you'll never use this advice, but in real life you can't extend conversations like this, people will think you're socially inept