How can Veeky Forums ever recover?

How can Veeky Forums ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If people keep lifting they will outgrow the ss meme and /fit will be manlet heaven because lanklets almost never keep going to the gym

>This is what happens when your identity and life is so wrapped up on the internet.

That's the most realist shit Ive ever heard on the chan's and it hits way too close to home. You don't realize you're doing it until you take a step back and really think about what you do and why you do it,

This perfectly describes me

How do I escape this?

Red pill = Full body routine with bro-split style training methods.

""""""Red pill""""" = Full body routine strength training.

Blue pill = Bro-split

Gym culture is the new fedora tier activity. Fucking makes me cringe seeing all the normos on Facebook posting things like "when u at the gym and be like no chill senpai" And then I realize this board is pretty much the same thing just with the Veeky Forums flavor thrown in if you will.

When I started lifting I was all about leg day and functional strength and now I just lift for asthetics, for fun, and to stay in shape for my job. I don't even have a leg day anymore because I've realized squatting is completely pointless for anything outside of powerlifting. There are plenty of other ways to strengthen your legs besides resting 300-400 lbs on your spinal column.

And nothing against people who like powerlifting or whatever. A hobbys a hobby there's just no reason for me to do them anymore.

t. someone the image describes

Just fucking do legs push pull faggots

Why can't I just do some squats on one of the push/pull days

You use SS to go from couch potato to big stronk man in 6-9 months. You don't keep doing it for 4 years.

if you're squatting heavy (your 5rm) then they are dangerous, if done right then they're great but not many people have a professional coach at their disposal

idfk, i couldnt give less of a shit about 'lifting culture'. what is that even? do you people talk to people at the gym?

i just listen to my music and do my lifts...

anyway but, me and my best bro have both been on bro splits for years. we just got taught that was how you work out, and stuck with it.

got on a routine i got off Veeky Forums and have both seen amazing improvements strength wise and aesthetic wise in the past 6 months (and no.. not just in squats and deadlifts)

>do people seriously spend this much time worrying/thinking about what other people are doing? get a hobby yo....

>do you people talk to people at the gym?

Everyone at my gym knows each other and talks to each other

pls

help

PPL masterrace reporting.

perfect combination of strength and aesthetics

remember to eat clean faggits or you will never make it

Stop shilling your own shit posts. The reason people here advise noobs to just do SS or greyskull is because its easy on beginners so they can learn the lifts correctly. Also it helps them to get an idea of what exercises compliment eachother and how to structure workout days.

Another reason people hate on bro-split is because they don't have a day of working out to waste on just working out your arms etc. In conclusion gtfo

Not everyone is lifting purely for aesthetics. Even on that note, I've done nothing but strength train since I started (I lift for sports) and at this point girls mire my body when I get it out. Hell my friends think of me as a 'muscly, fit guy' I found out recently in their words.

As long as you eat right and get progressive overload you'll end up ok on literally anything. If you are purely going for aesthetics a quick change to a bro-split once you get a strength base is fine, I'm pretty sure Veeky Forums accepts this.

>squatting is completely pointless for anything outside of powerlifting

Why not focus one big 4 and do accessory work for each one kek

because you're missing one of rows or weighted chin-ups or weighted pull-ups, and you'd probably want to hit lateral delts, rear delts and abs directly

I only lift for aethstetics and i dont give a shit about strenth, what program should i do?

> this is a phase I've seen at least 3 generations of lifters go through at my gym

yeah, while during all that time your own "lifts" (such as cable flies and dumb bell bench) stayed exactly the same and you made zero difference in your "physique"

>pseudo powerlifter detected

i do rows and wekghted chinups both twice a week. and i hit my laterals.

thanks papi. its hard but worth it at the end of the week.

>leddit spacing
>oh boy, Veeky Forums btfo
I think you need a better bait

This is so true

>/fit will be manlet heaven
>will

The thing is the majority of people who outgrow the ss meme also stop posting on Veeky Forums

I've been posting here since late 2012 and thought by now nobody would be a beginner but there's a massive churn of posters when compared to other boards

Do bro-splits you dumb faggot

>by now nobody would be a beginner

The fuck bro?

Lmao this is why I do PPL/Brosplit melded together. Literally the best routine ever.

'Push' = Chest/Tris
'Pull' = Back/Biceps
'Legs' = Legs/Shoulders

ppl in this thread be like

I'm not going to do bodybuidling routines until I s/b/d 2/3/4 plates
if that goal makes me a bluepilled in your eyes then then so be it

How come the sticky has absolutely no resources on PPL, split, or high-rep routines?

The main retarded thing about a brosplit is that you're doing like 800% of the amount of sets/reps you actually need to do to stimulate growth.

If all you did was a chest press motion and progressively overloaded on it constantly and MAYBE do a few sets of flys you've already simulated 100% of any growth you'll get. So why sit in the gym for another 30minutes pumping out set after set of some low weight meme chest exercise when it's doing is burning calories/causing your joints issues, and on top of that you won't stimulate the chest again for 7 fucking day, like what?

This is why I do full body.

1.Chest Press 3x5+
2.Squats 3x8+
3.Weighted Pull-ups 3x5+
4.Behind Neck Shoulder Press 3x8+
5.Meme chest exercise 3x8
6.Meme leg exercises 3x8
7.Meme back exercise 3x8
8.Meme shoulder exercise 3x8
9.Meme Tricep exercise 3x8
10.Meme bicep exercise 3x8
11.Meme Calf exercises 3x8

That's chest,legs,back,shoulders,traps,arms,calves all hit on 1 day for 6+ sets each, 3 sets with progressive overload as main factor, then 3 more meme sets for each muscle group for getting a sweet pump.

The next full body day would switch up some exercises.

1.OHP 3x5-10
2.Deadlifts 3x5-10 (yes literally, this is high volume deadlifts)
3.Chest Press (incline) 3x8
4.Rows 3x5+
5.Meme chest exercise 3x8
6.Meme leg exercises 3x8
7.Meme back exercise 3x8
8.Meme shoulder exercise 3x8
9.Meme Tricep exercise 3x8
10.Meme bicep exercise 3x8
11.Meme Calf exercises 3x8

TLDR: Do a full body routine, make your first 4 lifts the main lifts you overload with, and do a bunch of meme isolation lifts for the extra pump for each of those body parts. Never train more than 2 days in a row, allow for proper recovery, the more days you train on full body the smarter you must be about how heavy you go and what specific lifts you do, and always train a lighter version of a lift than the previous session. Example: if you did heavy squats *5, your meme leg exercise for the day would be leg curls. The following full body session would have high rep deadlifts for your main leg compound with leg extensions as the meme lift, and then in the following full body session your main leg compound for the day would be Leg Press or Front Squats at a moderate weight with leg curls as your meme lift, then in the next full body session your main leg compound will be heavy deadlifts with leg extensions as the meme leg exercise.

>how much you legg press though
you screencapped a guy making up a story, that never happend

I've been lifting at the same gym since I was 17 (so 8 years now) and it's a very old school bodybuilding gym. Been around forever. Everyone does bro splits at my gym. From the noobies to the Slavs to everyone.

When people deadlift or squat they don't stop at 5 reps like some of you fat fucks. Everything is minimal 8 reps.

And guess what...most of the members look jacked af. Unlike powerlifting obese lords.

progressive bodyweight routine

High rep deadlifts are seriously one of the most neglected lifts. Barely anybody does them here, and then they wonder why their grip strength sucks cock.

I didn't deadlift for the first couple of years. And then I saw some of the biggest guys at my gym doing high Rep deads. And ever since I've been doing them, I've made nasty gains.

Fuck that 5 Rep garbage shit if for fatties.

this is a classic normie routine, probably the most popular among guys, nothing new. I like to separate my shoulder day from leg day though so I can get more volume and cardio at the end

Because the sticky is for beginners

I want to do split training maybe Upper/Lower but I barely have time to workout, it's hard squeezing in the 3 gym sessions I have now I can't imagine the nightmare of 4-5 workouts a week on my schedule

I want to lift heavy, and brosplits will never make me do that. I do oly lifts like a mother fucker because I want to be Klokov one day.

>admits that his friend who is doing a strength routine is stronger than him but says he should stop even if his only goal is getting stronger because he doesn't look as good
Whoever wrote this post isn't quite capable of critical thinking.

Yeah but if you squat you really don't need any other leg movements

I literally Squat twice a week and Deadlift once a week all my other leg volume is from like jumping and prowlers

It's not a TLDR if the TLDR is TL

>you need a professional coach to learn how to squat properly
Exactly this. If you focus on strength training for a couple of years you will look amazing by normie standards

I just don't enjoy brosplits at all. If half my workout consists of chest/arm/shoulder isolations I just lose interest in working out.

Literally just do what you like, nobody irl gives a shit about what routine you follow.

That's not a PPL, you fucking idiot.
That's the standard brosplit that every average dude at the gym does.

the reason i don't like doing splits and aesthetic routines is because i feel like it's the same thing as putting on make-up. it makes you look better, but it just feels dishonest. your muscles' appearance doesn't match reality.

i'm a 6'3 lanklet lifting for a few years now and i still look pretty damn dyel, but i still typically lift 30-50% more than most actually muscular dudes at the gym. and then there are people who look smaller than me and lift 30% more than i do. i have way more respect and admiration for the dudes who have slim bodies but still bench like madmen. that's just my personal 2 cents though

I look dyel compared to most people but I out lift most people at my gym except for the hardcore powerlifters who seem like they are there 24/7.

I get you bro, think of Clarence Kennedy, he doesn't look that "aesthetic" but he is a fucking weapon in the gym and lifts a load

I just want an optimal way to put on some muscle.
Why do you fags have to turn that into flame wars every fucking thread?

Clarence looks like a fucking beast with Harry Potters head. He is aesthetic as fuck.

What's your routine? legit curious.

texas method

but you shouldn't take advice from me, i'm a pretty shitty lifter

Normies and dyels wouldn't like him cause he isn't minus 100% bodyfat, but I fid him aesthetic too

Clarence and Klokov are my lifting idols.
Giants who can move mountains.

hey niggers what's a good resource for learning about non-SS routines?

yeah guys,training for strenght is a meme stop doing it

get off the strength meme and do a hypertrophy program instead

>new paragraph for every sentence
>advocating inefficient training routines
>"lol what's the point in lifting if you're not trying to make other people like you"
>"you must be skinnyfat if you think it's important to train legs or something i guess"

This is some basic "stop liking what I don't like" tier shit.

Thing is there is 0 hypertrophy routines for beginners. People tell you to do a split but no what exercise how many reps and how much weight.

SS/SL etc cover all that.

Holy shit my sides

search "non-SS routines" on google

nobody cares, you look like shit

outside of the gym nobody even knows you lift

Oly Weightlifters like Klokov, Lu Xiaojun, and Clarence have good physiques and can actually do impressive things with it. Saying that though, bodybuilders like Arnold and Ronnie had impressive lifts

>Klokov

He is a bodybuilder as well

I've noticed a lot of people on this board recently have been conflating full body training with minimalist training. This is a mistake, imo.

Minimalist training is bullshit that only works for beginners and old guys who don't care about progression and just want to maintain their health.

However, full body can work great for both strength and aesthetics if structured properly. Look at programs written by real powerlifting coaches (not Rippetoe). Most intermediate and advanced powerlifting programs actually include a fair bit of volume and accessory work.

SS is a shit program but that doesn't mean all full body programs suck.

Is he? Does he consider himself one? He has a good physique but I don't recall him competing in any BB competitions

klokov is known for doing a shit ton of pure vanity bodybuilder work

the chinese olympic team is known to do bodybuilding work as well (look up Lu doing lateral raises), pump and fluff BBer hypertrophy work is actually great for injury prevention, strength (more muscle cross section area = potential for stronger contraction)

oly coaches know this, PL coaches know this, only rippetards do not seem to process this

He did one small time bodybuilding competition. That hardly makes him a bodybuilder. He built his physique through weightlifting.

Lmao there are 100s of videos of klokov doing bro splits

yeah except
are right

there are loads of elite WL who don't do that and look like shit

>hypertrophy routines for beginners

that would be dumb

do 6 months of SS/SL then switch to PHAT or PPL, that will give you aesthetics and keep you strongth

there's actually nothing dumb about hypertrophy for beginners

there is a reason real coaches for PL like Chad Wesley Smith of JTS and Boris Sheiko have beginner routines that are high in volume and include hypertrophy work

sure, SS will get you to a 315 squat sooner, but it also won't build the work capacity and muscle mass to transition as smoothly into intermediate training, most of those LP gains will come from neurological adaptation

>r*ddit spacing
every fucking time :^)

also there's a reason one of the most common results when you type Starting Strength into google is starting strength bench stalling, low volume tends to not work very well for pressing of any kind

if you are not a gifted presser and don't have an athletic background, 3x5 bench an average of 1.5x a week is not going to build the muscle mass necessary to become a decent presser

lmao that's PPL dumbass. That's the standard brosplit routine but with less isolation arm work

I don't care what his routine is, I'm just saying I find his physique appealing as well as Clarence even though said normies and dyels don't necessarily think they look aesthetic. I like the /thicc/ strong af but not a fat fuck look and it's my goal.

nobody would look at Lu, Klokov, or Clarence and say they look unaesthetic

absolutely nobody

they look fantastic, most WLers do not, which is why you know who Klokov is even though there are much better actual WLers like Ilya who do not get any attention

both those guys are on steroids but yeah thicc is goat

also guys what's up with this "hur dur you can't be strong and look good at the same time"

I know plenty of people who think Clarence looks kinda goofy.

Uh oh senpai, looks like you can't read what he said after
>There are plenty of other ways to strengthen your legs besides resting 300-400 lbs on your spinal column.

>powerlifters don't care about bench
>powerlifters care about leg press more than bench
>powerlifters care about leg press period
>a brosplit worked for someone who's been lifting for 10yrs and therefore it's better or more efficient for beginners and intermediate lifters
>I train for aesthetics and therefore everyone else who doesn't train for aesthetics and prefers powerlifting has been brainwashed by the internet
lel what retard wrote this load of crap

>implying there is anything wrong with steroids

Who cares, they maxed peak natty performance and wanted to go further.

>There are plenty of other ways to strengthen your legs besides resting 300-400 lbs on your spinal column
Shame they aren't quite as efficient as squats and don't really work your core as much

>I've realized squatting is completely pointless for anything outside of powerlifting
t. doesn't play sports

>you need a coach to make sure you squat properly
>you need a coach to make sure you deadlift properly
>you need a coach to make sure you OHP properly
>you need a coach to make sure you bench properly
when will this meme end?

for working your quads squats can be just as efficient, or even more efficient if you have long femurs

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/

leg press* can be just as efficient

>people comparing Klokov to beginners and intermediate lifters
lmao what do retards not understand about "brosplits aren't good for beginners or even intermediate lifter but could be good once you've reached your desired level of strength"

nobody here will appreciate where you're coming from, because most people here have been lifting for 1-2 years tops and are still in the honeymoon phase

>I literally Squat twice a week and Deadlift once

You're acting like this is nothing? Squats are deadlifts are clearly still a major part of your workout

doing bodybuilding accessory work =/= doing a brosplit

which you would know if you weren't a little DYEL shit

Where can I find good info on PPL/Split routines for someone who did SS but isn't interested in going to the powerlifter route that the sticky has? Clearly Veeky Forums isn't a good option since the only things discussed here are MUH SQUATS and various insecurities

>for working your quads
But squats work more than that, including your core, hence they are more efficient. There is nothing wrong with throwing a bit of leg press in your routine (as long as you don't go too heavy and lock your knees) for quads gains but they shouldn't be the base of your legs routine

see Also, this thread is about brosplits, not "bodybuilding accessory work" which anyone, including all of the guys I know who do strength training routine, who isn't retarded and cares somewhat about aesthetics does after their main lifts

you retards understand that it isnt about the about a certain program, right? People training for "strength" have never played sports before, while living an active life is the norm for many people. Here are many new to physical activity, a whole new world opens up to first time lifters. Like teenagers, they immediately make it their identity, and condescension towards other lifestyles is a way to reinforce this new persona. Adults with the mental maturity of 15-year-olds.