Farmers Walks are one of the best lifts, but i seldom see people doing them

Farmers Walks are one of the best lifts, but i seldom see people doing them.

Couple them with the obvious Squat, Dead, Bench, OHP and you got yourself the body and strength of a titan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JrPbOvakqkU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that word "seldom" triggers me everytime, it's like it means something totally different than it actually means

kek

t. professional linguist

Dafuq do you think it means?

Language evolves and is only useful contextually. Or do you go around speaking like you're in the fucking King James bible?

why do you people feel the need to be so hostile all the time?

t. professional linguist

If your gym has farmer handles you're lucky desu

can anyone recommend a good and relatively cheap brand of straps for farmer walks?
getting sick of holding single 45s for upwards of 3 minutes just to feel a burn

Samefag and also redditor detected

I farmer walk kettlebells around the indoor track for 1 mile at the end of every workout.

>Samefag

what gave it away? cretin

OP here

Unfortunately not, but Kettle bells work perfectly, though i would not recommend DBs, they become a pain in the ass to hold if you're not holding them perfectly down the middle.

>the obvious Squat, Dead, Bench, OHP
Seeing those 4 in a list without pullups is one of my biggest pet peeves on Veeky Forums

Why put handles on barbells for farmers walks, why not just use dumbbells or I don't know fuckin barbells.

Barbells are better than dumbells because dumbell plates are too close to your body and bounce around when you're walking
The handle is there so that the barbell is easier to balance

>dumbbells
awkward to walk with due to the size of them and how close they are to your thighs. when I use to use those, the big 55lbs ones would either rub against my thighs or bump into them. it's just a hassle to do.
as for barbells, it's just kinda awkward too, they're so fucking long and it would require two barbells. do you really want to be that cunt in the gym taking up not only two barbells but half the gym for your turns during your walk?

straps like these are my preferred way to do farm walks. can easily load up to 4 plates on each hand, hang right below the hand, don't take up space, don't smack into your thighs, easy to balance

Probably because they will fuck up your spine and there's no real way to protect yourself with muh form unlike deds or other big lifts.

>stand with proper posture
>walk with proper posture
how do you think people do farm walks? sure some idiots have rounded backs because they carry too much weight, but if you know what you are doing they're safe as can be.

my biggest concern when doing them is just losing my grip and dropping my weight. but that's only so because I do not want to damage the floors

Post traps and forearms please

Go back to Veeky Forums nerd haha *flexes*

Can just use a length of chain and a weight-bearing carabiner

Newbie here. My elbows were hurting when doing BP the other day, so I forwent my usual SL with accessories routine and decided to try some new stuff. I picked up some 50 pound kettlebells, walked 40 feet, did 10 shoulder shrugs and calf raises, then walked back. 5 sets of that fucking obliterated my forearms, holy shit. My shoulders were sore for days, too. I usually end with 5x8 chin ups, but my arms were useless by the end, they were shaking all night. I plan to make farmers carries a regular part of my routine.

Use actual handles if possible (like pic related) and go heavy for short-medium distance (15-20m if possible)
A good initial standard to aim for is bodyweight in each hand, 1.5xbw is advanced bordering on elite.

My gym doesn't have the equipment or space. :(

pinch two plates together in each hand

one of the greatest grip/forearm exercises

just grab he plates with your hands and get additional grip gains

>no rows

goodbye shoulders

I use kettle bells and always keep a neutral spine posture while doing farmers walk. I do them on Saturday when I have plenty of time for accessory lifts.

I've been doing 5-6 sets of em after every workout (3 times a week). I alternate between trap bar farmers walk, which seems to work my traps and forearms the most, dumbbell farmers walk which seems to work my grip and forearms the most, and suitcase carry which really work my core and obliques the most.

I was fucking stuffed after 3 sets when I first started, had to up the sets and weight quickly though, and my forearms are responding really well, you gotta hold on until it burns so much you want to cry and give up.

no proper equipment

>I alternate between trap bar farmers walk, which seems to work my traps

we should rename them Boogie walks

And rows

some words are just like that to people. Appreciate is one that triggers me, so I seldom use it.

Even if you're using that image ironically I'm still concerned.

Db ones work traps too faggot, just saying which has worked the most. I also vary between weight and time.

If you had to pick, you should row instead of bench. Your pulls are so much more important.

Stfu Ludwig

>bench
>ohp
>not variations of landmine press
Pleb

This is probably the most functional lift one can do.

I was on the verge of posting it too, but I always saw it as an accessory lift for pullups and deadlifts.

Pullups are irreplaceable, deadlifts are irreplaceable, rows... I don't know. For lat activation they are replaceable, for "pulling in a horizontal plane" they are not.

But then again, what is a row? Chest supported? Pendlay? Yates? How much cheating is allowed?

They need a lot of space.
A lot of gyms don't have the space for a good "runway"

Doesnt matter but you need rear delt work just as much if not more than chest
If you bench more than you row you are cucking your back

What the fuck? Seldom means not very often, and OP was using the word in the correct context, or am I missing something?

A real man makes space

Yeah, regularly compacting and crushing your spine is the best way to a broken back in your 50s. If you got the $100,000 for the disc surgery by then go for it now.

>walk into gym
>look around to see if "he" is there
>"he" is not
>doing my routine
>start hearing a commotion
>everyone is looking the same way
>get up to see whats happening
>oh god no
>its "him"
>a 5'3'' hulking mass of destruction
>"he" is doing the farmers walk
>dual wielding ikea bags with every weight of the gym plus a few that "he" brought from his house
>the ground begins to shake
>i get out of the gym before anyone because i know whats happening
>the entire building crumbles
>"he" is the only one alive coming out of the wreckage
>sees me
>"sup dude, didnt knew you worked out here"
>now i have to find a new gym for the fifth time in the month

>55s gave me sand in my pussy
>I couldn't push that shit out slightly, getting a little extra delt activation
Quit being a fuckin pussy.

you dumb fuck

kek

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's literally one of the most simple and 'natural' (if you'll excuse the faggotry) exercises out there.

I'm wit choo mane

So you seldom use "seldom".
I can appreciate that.....

i think what he was trying to say is, the actual word seldom does not look like it would mean, "not very often."

Would static holds provide the same benefits?

Good shit m8

Do you deadlift a lot? I don't work on my grip too much because my forearms get fatigued and I worry it will inhibit my DL progress. Thoughts?

>doesn't matter
It matters if all you're using is erectors, hams and glutes to jerk the weight up. If your aim is to train those, do deadlifts
>rear delts
Rear delt work can be supplemented with facepulls

That is why I said rows are replaceable

Holy shit this is so fucking true

I always do my pullups with knee tucked as much as possible , do you think they work my rear delt more or less than regular pullups ?

>add pullups and dipps to itt faggit
>inb4 strong ppl dont really pullup
youtube.com/watch?v=JrPbOvakqkU

strongest man in the world here for ya