Who did murph today?

Who did murph today?

>tfw finished in 43 minutes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BbGPDK8r5Kg
instagram.com/prattprattpratt/
thestrengthnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/crossfit-and-programming-within-the-sport/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>300 squats
>run 2 miles
oh boy oh boy artificial knee here we come

It's just body weight squats.

>100 pull ups

Your knee is still bending

Cross fit is the most retarded thing i've ever seen.

>bending your knee 300 times
>after running a mile, where it bends god knows how many times
>oh and then run another mile
and here I thought tradesmen complained about their knees
a few months doing this dumb ass pointless "murph" shit will destroy any cartilage left in your knees

It's literally done once a year on Memorial Day. It's also considered one of the most intense workouts done at crossfit.

they are doing like 25 sets of 4 reps or so. But yeah, it's retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=BbGPDK8r5Kg

Skeleton here. 100 pullups sounds fucking impossible.

Just do crossfit pull-ups. They are way fucking easier, although a hundred of them sounds hard as fuck still.

oh those good old crossfit "pullups"

Can you do a hundred of them? Kipping pull-ups are much easier than strict pull-ups, however at the volume normally required for many crossfit workouts it would be impossible to do strict pull-ups.

Is 300 air squats supposed to be impressive?

I saw some reddit user post about this today. Never heard of it then hear of it twice in one day.

It looks really easy.. or am I underestimating it?

Then why don't they just lower the volume?

>Can you run 50 mph? Driving is way easier, but the speed required for many crossfit workouts, it would be impossible to run that fast

That would take me all day -- if I could do it at all.

It's really fucking hard. Try it.

I might do. Tomorrow is a rest day so I'll give it a go.
Scared of looking like a fag doing bw squats tho lol

>Then why don't they just lower the volume?
if they lower the volume/weight of anything they did so they could actually do it right, it wouldn't sound impressive
they like bragging about how they did all this murph shit even though their mile times were terrible, their squats were quarter depth at best, their pushups were quarter depth too, and their pullups were all kips
no one cares when you say
>yea I did 10 pullups and 30 pushups and 70 air squats
wow good job, how's middle school PE going?

its like saying i can do 500 squats, but all of them are like a 10 degree bend.

Its useless. Just do 100 real one, ass to grass, because it would be studip not to.

Fucking retarded. Why not just do them weighted and bench instead of push-ups? Much more efficent

>crossfit
stopped reading there

You can't do it weighted OR unweighted. Your opinion is invalid

efficient at what? It would be no where near he cardio workout if you did that.

>murph

why? if you really want to honor this guy become politically active and prevent us from entering in wars such as the one he died in so others like him don't die as well

Because it's fun and good cardio?

100 pull ups would take me FOREVER. I can do like 20 at a time at absolute max

>stopped reading at the last word

>crossfit pull-ups
what the fuck is that?

Kipping pull-ups. Basically everyone at crossfit knows it isn't a strength based lift like a strict pull-up, it's considered a gymnastics move. You use the momentum of your body to do the pull-up. They are easier by far, but 100 of them is a pain in the ass, if for no other reason than it kills your grip strength.

>Because it's fun and good cardio?

to each their own I guess

This

Can anyone please tell me why people hate on crossfit? I mean this looks like a good workout IMO, do people discredit it just because it's crossfit?

ooohhh... that's that retarded thing skellies in my gym are trying to do... but they just oscillate, can't do even one pull-up

Kek

I did murph today and I did 43 strict pull-ups. Said fuck it and kipper the rest. I honestly don't feel like it lessened the workout I got. My shoulders were smoked after the 43 and the final 57 killing were really tough as well.

The 300 air squats was probably the worst.

Get on my lever scrub.

>doing basic exercises in sequence "is crossfit"

hmmm

Found the guy who has never actually done a Murph

>word
stopped reading there, learn how to post

His routine isn't even hard.

I don't need to do murph to know it's middle school bullshit.

You wear a weighted vest ?

>Can anyone please tell me why people hate on crossfit?
jack of all trades master of none tier

you do a little weight lifting, usually at stupidly high volume and in sequence with other things so it's hard to maintain form without constantly lowering the weight. Which they don't do because they try to do everything fast. So it's pretty cardio heavy, but not as much as just going for a long run(s).
you do a little of everything, usually poorly because you are tiered, don't have time to constantly take off weight on bars, and everything must be done quick and as many times as possible.

A perfect recipe to get hurt doing dumb inefficient shit for the sake of being able to say "I pay 150$ a month to go to a crossfit gym to maintain this decent looking body".

No. I don't have a plate carrier and my gym only had 2 vest :(

thatsthejoke

You sound like someone who has never actually been to crossfit. I have never done a workout involving 2 lifts in one WOD. It will be lifts in conjunction with other shit but never two lifts at once. And hats why you pick a weight you can handle through out the workout so your form isn't shit. I can power clean 225 and I have done workouts with a mere 95 pounds in the bar, because 80 cleans is a lot of fucning reps. Sure it isn't the best for getting stronger but I am just trying to become ottermode and it's done an excellent job at that.

Stop it Ian

Nah mate, I rather go for a quick jog and do some pushups to connect with his warrior spirit bro.

No it's just the "murph" that's CrossFit, not the exercises. It's a big CrossFit event every year and is hailed as one of the hardest CrossFit gauntlets to complete.

>doing basic compound exercises in sequence is "powerlifting"

lad

I was really surprised that the (((MURPH))) took this long to have its own thread. For a minute I thought it wouldnt be posted about at all, for that minute I had a glimmer of hope for this board.

>spotted the pussy who cant handle murph

I bet you were in the band in high school.

It's dumb because they all regularly attempt high weight lifts with injury inducing form. In 90% of CrossFit events the judges don't give a fuck about their form so CrossFit is the home of hitching a deadlift. It's also just a giant marketing lifestyle they sell, it costs upwards of 100 bucks a month to train in a "CrossFit gym".

On the other side of the spectrum if they aren't attempting maximal Olympic lifts with garbage form, they're doing stupidly large volume for irrelevant weight. All of their events are the perfect recipes for injuries, I don't know how to structure an event better to injure yourself than to copy a CrossFit event. Every event is filled with every competitor on tons of steroids doing bodyweight lifts, cardio, and cringe inducing heavy lifts. What's a single thing to like about CrossFit?

cardio bunnies

also the membership is high because you are paying for 2 trainers to help coach a class of 10 people (at least thats true at my gym.)

I have also been going to crossfit 5 times a week with my wife for the past 15 months and neither of us has had an injury.

>crossfit
well that explains a lot

>he thinks running 2 miles and doing bodyweight exercises is challenging

That was literally the last word.

pls do it and post a video of you doing it.

Does anyone here know how to run without fucking up the knees? I will run for only 1/4 mile and my knees will start feeling painful.

Lose weight.

>hes around people so poor at fitness (crossfitters) and so out of shape himself that he is disillusioned into thinking that running 2 miles and doing bodyweight exercise is a feat that someone would go out of their way to post a video of themselves doing it on the internet
>not to mention cheat reps are allowed and there is NO TIME LIMIT

Thanks for reminding me that Crossfit is still fucking retarded.

ur mom got on my lever lmao

>100 Magikarp pull ups

Chris Pratt and John Krasinski banged it out
instagram.com/prattprattpratt/

love how much the mention of cross/fit/ rustles jimmies kek

Rip shoulders

These guys are in better shape, and stronger, than 99% of Veeky Forums.

they're also on better gear than 99% of fit

>they're also on better gear than 99% of fit
excuses

looks like Jocko threw on some plates and did Murph too

I hate these fucking arbitrary number challenges.

Just work out, numbers are for validating your already questionable self worth.

>you should never max on any lift
>you should never weigh yourself for gains/loses

You sound retarded.

Did it with a 45lb. vest. Improved my time from 2015 by 19 minutes.

Found the guy who does not know how CrossFit athletes train on a daily basis.

45lb vest holy shit mang, nice

Underrated comment

>76 replies
>41 posters
Fucking ha.

I never got the "sore knee" meme. My Dad has bad knees, but that's because he was malnourished as a child and walked with shit posture in shit shoes/ kneeling on cold hard surfaces for hours etc. The only other people I know who complain that exercise hurts their knees are either fat fucks or likewise malnourished. After years of hiking, running, cycling and jumping from retarded heights the only thing that gives me grief are my busted peroneal tendons in my ankles from time to time (mountain climbing sprains).

But then, I've eaten well and exercised decently my whole life (bar early 20's) and I'm only turning 30 next month, so what the fuck do I know? Gonna try this shit out, God help me on the pullups...

Fronin does a WOD like 6 days a week.

Finished it in 43:11 minutes today wearing a flak jacket with front and back SAPI plates. It's really not that hard I don't know why crossfit fags bust nuts over it.

And to those of you ITT saying doing this once will destroy your knees...nah bruh, ruck running 10 miles a day will destroy your knees, a murph is babbys first running under weight

he does about 2-3 wods a day plus a dedicated strength training session

What you're referring to are MetCons which he does in the evening at a low intensity (Load)

He's also running strength cycles at the same time to get stronger.

Quick read: thestrengthnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/crossfit-and-programming-within-the-sport/

metcons are basically WODs. At my crossfit we do 20 minutes of strength a day and 15-30 minutes of Metcons/WODs a day.

No, WOD means workout of the day and it includes everything. From Strength work to conditioning, mobility and prep.

If thats the case then my Crossfit only does WODs like once a month. Very rarely do we have 30+ minute workout that are a mix of everything.

What I was saying is that WOD is any sort of training. However from a competitive POV I'd say a multi-element WOD is the way to go, working on strength or skill then following it up with conditioning.
Your gym's programming sounds very single element-esque. Reminds me of this box I went to in France, trained there for five days, all they were doing was conditioning and the head coach was an anti strength progression dumbfuck. No wonder he failed miserably at the Open and at every local competition he tried. Can't win anything with a sub-3pl8 clean.

But we have a strength portion every day. every week you can guarentee a 15-20 minute portion dedicated to one of the following

>cleans
>Squats
>Bench
>Dead lift
>some random lift (snatch, OHP, OHS)

We always have a strength element. Normally with low reps high weight (5x5 or 5,4,3,2,1). Our metcons are high reps low weight.

So is algebra
But fuck algebra

Okay I see.

My programming on a daily basis looks like:

>General Mobility
>Specific prep work (Basically core activation, quads, shoulders, posterior chain etc)
>Strength (Powerlifts or Oly lifts) or Gymnastics skill (Currently working on my Iron Cross progression) But never both on the same session
>Conditioning, Couplets/Triplets/Chippers/Long distance/AMRAPs or EMOMs

Everybody keeps saying body weight, this is supposed to be done in plates

ya its almost like different people's bodies are different

Don't own a vest, first year doing it, did it in 53:00. Tore some spots open on my right hand, but I was impressed with myself for finishing

True, but plates is a far cry from doing 225lb squats.

Why? It's literally a child's workout. It's nothing special.

Crossfitfags do it while dragging a tractor tire and sea bass on each foot instead of shoes.

desu seeing the fashion in which it should be done with no rests and shit. I wasn't surprised that some of them started fainting during the 2015 games under the heat.

I guess it isn't enough to just feel good for accomplishing something is it

Why would anyone feel good about doing something so mundane? It's like getting a participation award it's so simple

regardless of how mundane you think it is, or how big of a meme crossfit might be, there are people who are less fit then you, and to those people it's a feeling of accomplishment to them that can push them to getting in shape