Grip Strength

i am on SL, but i have gotten to the point doing deadlifts that i cannot hold onto the bar anymore when using hook grip
should i just work grip strength separate and use straps or something?
or should i just not progress until i can hold as much as i can do?

forgot to ask:
if i am going to work grip, what should I do?

how much weight are you doing on your DL and how much do you weigh?
Once you get to a reasonable weight and your grip is really holding you back then just do your warmup sets with double overhand and switch to mixed/straps on working sets when your grip is failing.
For training grip I have found heavy kroc rows and heavy dumbbell shrugs to be great assistance. If the weight you are working with for these isnt hitting your grip then hold the dumbbells for extra time at the end to burn out your forearms.
You should also add hammer curls to your bicep exercises as they hit forearms

Use chalk

Grab onto a pull-up bar and just hold yourself up for as long as possible. Also farmers walk is great for grip strength.

farmer walks?

if you are above 2pl8 then use some chalk or wrist wraps. Still work your forearms so they get nice and sore so.

If you are under 2pl8 then would work on grip strength.

Is it possible for hook grip to fail? Some people do like 800 lbs with hook grip.

do rack pulls with a pause at the top, and jefferson deadlifts

jefferson deadlifts look like an extreme meme but the way you grip the bar is a unique style of mix grip where you get extra tension on both your forearms

everyone else advice is shit DESU. doing deadlift variations is the best way to improve your grip FOR DEADLIFTS because you're still pulling up a barbell, not to mention the benefit of still working the deadlift muscles in a new or different way.

use chalk.
hook grip shouldn't fail, revise your technique.

That's because their grip is strong. Hook grip is not some impenetrable barrier a barbell can't escape from you still need to have a strong grip to do shit like pull 800 lbs.

hook grip kinda is impossible to fail if you can tolerate the pain.

No, the bar slips/rolls outta my tiny hands. It's not like straps.

if it slips, you're not using enough chalk or tape.

Tie your dick to the bar with piano wire. You won't drop that fucker then pal.

kek

If your hook grip is failing you're doing it wrong

>how much weight are you doing on your DL and how much do you weigh?
i am only doing 285 right now
i am 180lbs

are these good because i just hold weight for a long time or something or does walking have anything to do with it?

how do wrist wraps help with grip?

what do you mean revise your technique?

Either add chalk or watch a tutorial and make sure you're doing it right. Hook grip is way more secure than any other method of holding the bar,

I agree with the others saying hook grip shouldn't fail but with some exceptions. If your fingers or just your thumb are unusually short (or maybe unusually thick while being normal length) so that you can't wrap your fingers around your thumb enough then it's possible that you won't be able to achieve a strong hook grip no matter what.
If that's not the case and you're not using chalk, start using it. You need chalk on your index and middle finger and all around your thumb.

Should you really be hyperextending violently like this?

Hook grip is a meme. I have used it, but I prefer to have one double overhand session and one mixed a week. I have a strong grip as well, I can double overhand 460 (with chalk) and pulled 570 mixed without chalk last week.

No, definetely not, might even injure your lower back

how the fuck is that 202kg??? how much do those red plates weight???

Do wrist rollers work for forearm size? I'm looking for something that won't also build my traps cause they're already huge and making me look like shit

grill caught mirin at the end

I haven't personally used one but from what I've seen/heard they work your forearms like a motherfucker

hes not hyperextending hes forcing a posterior pelvic tilt

The second one. Keep working intil you can hold more.

he's definitely hyperextending with the heavier weights.

where do people usually do farmers walks in the gym?
people are always talking about how good they are, but ive never seen a place where people would do them in the gym

why did you post the webm? do you think anyone cares?

if your gym has a track area, do it there. if no track area, just find any area where there aren't a lot of people and open space enough to walk forward, turn around, and walk back rinse repeat

in rural areas, duh

>one of the few trips who isn't an obnoxious dyel faggot
>hating on him

okayy we know its you, put your trip back on.

>complaining about board related content
You are the problem

Nice but there is literally no point in bending that far back. I would recommend against it bc of the disc compression.