/plg/ - powerlifting general

Powerliftinggeneral.com

That's a naughty doggo

What's better for building up your bench Smolov Jr or Spotoshot?

>tfw you'll probably never bench 5pl8

>probably

probably applies, if one becomes a skilled forklift operator

Please delete this so I can have one good thread for once in a while

KEYS *clap clap*

Slight overload with non-tendinitis inducing levels of volume

KEYS *clap clap*

>try harder on squats
>knee issues come back

horrible form in that bench

THREAD RUINED
THREAD RUINED
THREAD RUINED

Doing SS, only dead lifting 120kilo but got damn they drain the fuck out of me. Why? Squat is 107.

thats normal, you have shit work capacity right now dont worry it''ll get better over time

I dont want to glass ceiling myself. maybe with enough years and enough gear I can

and get fat enough. almost forgot that one :)

Glad to hear! Thank you

Build it with spotoshot then peak it with smolov jr. You'll either bench a lot or cripple yourself.

I got nothing to lose desu

Lads I kind of want to do hepburn for my lower body programming and something memeworthy for upper body. Should I give spotoshot a try? Or are there other memes im unaware of

Why are powerlifters so lean and handsome?

hepburn is memeworthy for upperbody too desu

KEYS *clap clap*

Is it normal to have either plateaued or regressed on every lift during a 2 month cut dropping 7 kg?

Yeah but 2 days a week isnt enough frequency for my shit bench. I havent made progress with anything less than 4x in over a year

What's best: linear, block or undulating periodization?

Any of them can be good. There is no better

Is there a weight where the 10x3 squats in week 2 of c6w aren't viable? I've been making good progress but it seems like at a higher weight that's just too much volume

*dɐlɔ dɐlɔ* SYƎʞ

Block periodization combined with DUP.

protip: monday/thursday pump and power bench
tuesday/friday pump and power ohp
works like magic

Yes he is but
>i-implying you wouldn't do that

Hmmmmm I may try that out. Ive never really gotten a whole lot of carryover from OHP.

Dunno how much are you lifting?

My max is 195kg and personally i find week 1 harder than 2, the 10 reps are not that hard i take 90 seconds between each set.

SL 5x5 or Candito Linear Program

Just saying because Candito's looks like it has more accessory type exercises involved, PLUS I GET TO GO TO THE GYM 4 DAYS A WEEK INSTEAD OF 3

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO FOR THE OTHER 4 FUCKING DAYS, MY LIFE WILL BE IN SHAMBLES

also found this SL variation on a WIKI

what to do what to do what to do

Is a 7 plate DL reasonable for a natty 220lb lifter? I never really see many people on here who pull like 700lb

I can rep 5plate for 5, and max at 250kg so im like 10kg of 6 plate and i still feel like an intermediate with plenty of room to progress.

of course it is... 3xBW is just average on DL

Isley hovers around 102 kg or so and he's pulled 300 kg raw many times.

Shame about his squat, bench, power clean, overhead press and literally anything frog can do

Frog can't bench what Isley can, but yeah, basically. You're also comparing the poster child for GDEs with the poster child for goat genetics and proportions.

Anyone have experience with joey flexx or TSA as a pl coach? Im debating getting a coach and can't decide between the two. I may just be a lazy shit and email both and hire whoever is cheaper

You do realise frog can bench 4pl8 right? He's putting on a show to make it seem like he broke a huge bench plateau and made super fast gains so he can sell shaker bottles and e-books

I've seen it all before

Yoooo

Fundulation a best

Either is fine. If you're literally brand new, give SS an honest couple of months then give Candiddler's a shot

From what I've seen of the two their programming does not look dissimilar, somewhat high intensity, plenty of focus on the comp lifts for the majority of your volume. They're both reputable desu.

Can anyone explain spotoshot to me?

Each day says to do 5 sets at RPE 9 at a weight you can do at least 15 reps.

It also says to add 5kg every session and deload when you can do

You've bamboozled yourself.

You start off with a weight you can do for 15+ reps. As you add weight the reps will slowly taper as a consequence of adding weight.

I know, friend. I must be on that low IQ time.

Ahh gotcha, just from the image it says 15+ reps after every workout. Thanks for explaining.

Also the progressions for spoto press and slingshot bench are different, you're only adding 10 kg to each a week.

I made that image (the post more specifically)

Post it and I'll explain what you don't understand

Any chance you know hoe expensive they are? Or any reccomendations on other coaches?

How*

i guess ive got room to grow then, max right now is only about 142kg/315lbs.

week 1 was a real bitch, especially deadlifts for some reason, but the 10x3 here always intimidates me a little bit

No, not really. RTS guided programming seems kinda pricey, Izlee and underscore if he shows up would be the ones to ask.

Not to be a dink but I'd seriously consider Starting Strength if you're beginning (read the book though, the exercise lists floating around the net masquerading as SS are not what SS actually is).

My friend and I both took our deadlifts from 185# to 405# in 21-23 weeks on it and we're not great athletes at all.

>dink

How is your powerlifting going?

KEYS *clap clap*

KEYS *clap clap*

OBSESSED

KEYS *clap clap*

I was having some on and off pain in what seemed to by my quadriceps tendon at the knee. A slightly wider stance, and staying tight with my torso in the hole, seems to have remedied it.

Starting Strength

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

Intracranial pressure fucks up our faces and eating to win fills our cores.

>Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?
Yo mama needed some charity dick nawm sayin?

If I wanted to laugh, I'd ask you to put two of you on your back and squat it

You're especially bad at math aren't you

>Patellar tendonitis

I like powerlifters better than gym normies, some of you guys are alright. don't come near the power rack tomorrow.

Should have uncucked your knees with general fitness first, bitch

Does IPF test for SARMs?

Why do you wanna know?

Where have you been
Come back to discord

mine lower back hurts

we still miss u bby

Maybe I want to pedal SARMs to the local goyim and use "undetected by IPF" as my slogan.

Lads how agressive can I cut and not risk losing too much muscle?

Eat around maintenance with 1g protein per pound of bw+
Recomp masterace

I read something by mike israetel saying that when youre leaner, your body is more efficient at gaining muscle as opposed to fat. He backed it up with some science gobly gook but I dont care to remember it. Im like 20+% bodyfat so it probably makes sense for me to cut

Tomorrow is a rest day. Give'em hell.

When your lifts go down you'll know the answer. We're all different.

>1997
Wew, this explains a lot, if not all.

Is One Punch Man before lifting the GOAT combination?

can some1 give me a quick rundown on spotoshot?

Started just doing some exercises to fix my flat feet yesterday. Holy fuck, I just fixed my pelvic tilt over night.

>left hip was fucked
>it healed
>right hip is now fucked

can someone put me out of my misery, im too much of a coward to commit suicide.

Link

I just searched it on youtube.
>how to fix flat feet

birthday chad

Last gym day before army officer selection next week.
Gonna do a volume day, so aiming for a 400lb x12 deadlift. I've done it before but that was with a belt and straps, none of that today.

They will detect it if someone is on right then and there. Might leave the body faster than traditional methods though.

If you were squatting every other day, how often would you pull?

>That guy who yells like he's pete rubish while pulling 405

Cool, I'm not familiar with officer selection, what does that job entail?