Class clown

ok this is the situation:
>18
>7/10 white male
>class clown all my life
>lift and do sports so very buff, strange mixture cuz i am a clown at the same time
>lots of friends, few true friends
>i am getting older and kind of sick that people never take me seriusly
>want to be less funny
>friends not buying it

i want to change from being the clown to being just "kinda funny" what is the fastest way to do it? basement dwellers fuck off

just shut the fuck up sometimes

>seriusly
dropped

dont. you're the class clown because you see things differently from normies with no sense of humor and who are full of inhibitons. just be a little more of an asshole sometimes and be caring other times, but mostly stay the same, once a clown, always a clown, it's not a bad thing to be tho

i am from Europe f u ):

thxn, i like it 90% of the times, but sometimes it angers me...

TOP KEK THIS POST, MY SIDES!!!

me too m8y, other people are the problem not you, just leave them to their own devices and try to find friends who aren't gigantic pussies

I'll trade you some of my social autism for some of your humor. Should even us out.

>>i am getting older and kind of sick that people never take me seriusly

How about, you are fucking 18, shut up, listen to older people and train your mind instead of being a whiney bitch that comes on here to ask how to be less like yourself and more like the people you admire. You have to learn that shit on your own, no amount of advice will magically make you who you want to be. Read more, work on becoming the man YOU want to be, not what anyone else is going to tell you. Fuck boy.

Fuck social life and acquire new hobbies.

>I have a lot of friends
>my friends think I'm funny
>I wanna change

The hell is this fuckery?

Show your intelligence. I was a former clown. Also 7.5/10. Started to think I was acting like an attention whore. Also, buff and goofy don't go together well. Made some good arguments, showed off my intellectual gains
Plan worked. Currently dating genuinely most attractive girl I've ever seen in person. Body like a model, 9/10.
Make them intellectual gains. Currently reading 3 books. Don't try to be goofy-funny. Show that you're clever. Good luck idiot.

>Currently dating genuinely most attractive girl I've ever seen in person

You must be from a small town or something. Post her pic to prove me wrong

Nah. I'd rather not have some basement dwellers beat their meats to my girlfriend. From a city.

Just as I though. Well grats on your 8.5/10, that's still a great looking girl I guess

thanks bro, is it just me or is Veeky Forums on some good vibes today

That was sortof half and half diss and compliment here actually heh... she has to be very beautiful, but saying she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen in your life sounds like pushing it

i know it was a diss, just refused to fall for it. i'm not even biased- she is, i can see why you doubt me tho.

i dont want autism
thxn for the hard love bro

I'd rather you maintain the gains and continue being an idiot than you lose the gains.
The gains must live on.

Came from similar association of clown and now known for other things.

Being a funny guy, you probably respond to certain cues. When a certain situation or opportunity arises, your mind has been fine tuned to "Oh, i'll do this here because it'll be funny!" Doing that is a combination of habitual behaviour and something that's easy. So your brain is accustomed to doing this, acknowledge this and interrupt the "normal" process.

Instead, look at the scenario from a different perspective and don't consent to the automatically prepared response your brain is ready to spout or act out. Pick up a hobby/date someone and when people ask you stuff like what have you been up, you spout and perpetuate your new found interest and not a joke.

Also, by using the phrase clown I assume you make yourself the joke rather than make jokes? If this is the case, keep the jokes away from yourself and more so about other topics. That being said, consistently doing the latter can still lead to being seen as a clown so for now play it safe and change your thought process that is readily available.

I make fun of everything, its more fun and less depressing for me. You nailed it with the coues thought, gt fix that and think on diffrent perspectives, but old habbits die hard, its a problem to get rid of that on the spot

Yeah it'll take time, as with most things. You've obviously made this thread because you've already gotten past the first step which is to have the desire to change. Just because that change won't occur instantaneously doesn't mean you should disregard the journey entirely. It'll be worthwhile in the end, just remind yourself of why you even made this thread.

You can have a fun time without making jokes/yourself the joke. There are other means/ways of having fun. Find them and enjoy those rather than your usual ways. Your usual way may be okay at making things more fun and less depressing for you but there are other more efficient ways of doing so. Find them, who knows what else you'll learn about yourself on the journey. Remember, fuck comfort zones.

What helped me is just getting into the mode of talking a LOT LESS. If you don't talk you don't do the behavior you don't approve of. People take stoic people more seriously, too.