Ketogenic Diet

So I've decided to go on the keto diet and I was wondering how many carbs should I have to lose weight like what's the maximum amount?

You don't need to do keto to diet but it works with the calorie deficit. I think it's less than like 30g a day to stay in ketosis. I did low carb, like 60-80g a day and cut like 45 lbs in 5 months. I was on almost 1000 calorie deficit though

The most basic googling will tel you this but 20-50 seems to be the accepted range. The fewer the better

Did you ever cheat and if so how often a month?

not him but the thing with keto is that you dont want to cheat by eating carbs since it will kick you out and dealing with the keto flu isn't fun

Keto helps suppress hunger so cheat urges are few and far between once you're in it, but if you must cheat just make sure you do it with keto friendly foods

I've been doing atkins, more or less Keto since January, I've lost 76lbs and I generally take in under 10 net carbs a day.

Some days are a little higher when I make low carb enchiladas but I've stayed steady on 2-3lb loss a weel since January.

I tried it for one day, got a huge migraine and never did it again, I looked it up and apparently it's called the keto flu and lasts a few days, fuck that noise.

Mine wasn't that bad, just lightheaded and somewhat nauseous, that's why I don't ever really do cheat days.

How could you have made the decision to go on the diet when you obviously know nothing about it?

The first info you'll find with basic googling is the rough carb limit.

>I tried it for one day, got a huge migraine and never did it again

these are the people who critique keto diets on Veeky Forums, lol

cheating isnt needed bc most of the stuff you eat is good or there are low carb versions of normal food. some people do a carb up once a week though, look up ckd, carb nite, or the steak and eggs diet

it unfortunately requires a lot of electrolyte supplementation or the need to focus on food with potassium and magnesium. plus sodium..

All in all keto diet is good and i hate to sound like a cult member but i feel mentally better on it. just make sure you use all info resources available op

>having to supplement with electrolytes so you literally don't die

sounds like a healthy diet m8

>tfw all you can eat Korean bbq for $7USD Dollars

keto is great

Try to stay under 30. NEVER go above 50. The two big problems with Keto is that it's difficult to accommodate heavy lifting, and if mess up and cause your body to stop ketogenesis, you will feel like shit. It takes your body time, usually a few days, to adjust to the different metabolic process, and in the meantime your brain will be #lowenergy (literally).

>keto friendly foods
This. I had a friend who was hardcore into the keto diet (he had been in it for like six months or years without coming out, and did deficits and surpluses in it) and he had this sick recipe for keto pizza.

Ah, the classic meme diet.

who cares if you're in "ketosis"

keto diet works because protein fills you up more than other macros

still have to calorie count, you just aren't as hungry

if you're dead set on ketosis for some reason then r/keto's wiki has some good info. basically 20g NET carbs (nutrition label: total carbs - dietary fiber = net carbs)

buy keto sticks so you can track if you're in ketosis (for whatever benefit that offers you)

and you might get keto flu (flu like symptoms for a few days) about a week into ketosis.

>keto diet works because protein fills you up more than other macros

not true, btw

Just lower your caloric intake normally and don't do keto because it fucks your body by taking out a large portion of your citric acid cycle and the long term effects aren't clear yet because it's a relatively new meme/diet

>still have to calorie count, you just aren't as hungry

this is also not true